It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Soldier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think it’s sad that men and woman defending our country get paid so little. I know they get hazardous pay for time in battle plus there regular wages but still it doesn’t seem like it is enough. How can this be?

I’m not sure, and perhaps a soldier can verify, but I have heard that when soldiers go on leave there families and spouses do not receive the total benefits (housing, money) as if they were there. Are there any soldiers out there that can vouch?

Are soldiers under compensated in other countries as well? How do non-americans take care of their soldiers?

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
How much do they get paid a year? I've always wanted to know that....

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I found this link:

www.military.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Right after take off but really no. It flies out at 25,000 miles an hour.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I know in Australia the pay CAN be quite good and the government look after their defence "staff" quite well, however, hardly anyone is in it for the money.

The ones that are quickly drop out..what value do you put on your life? On being maimed and spending the rest of your life in constant pain? Of living every moment not knowing if it will be your last? Seeing the horric things that happen during war? Most people do it for the better..ment(?) of mankind, protect their country, make themselves feel good by helping others etc..

Bare basic salary for reserves from memory is around the $80 mark/day after basic training and can go up to closer to $200/day depending on what specialty you have.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It's about more than the pay.
You get to travel to far away, exotic lands.
Meet interesting people.
...and kill them

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05
It's about more than the pay.
You get to travel to far away, exotic lands.
Meet interesting people.
...and kill them

Only if your a Marine

new topics

top topics

join