It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the US give billions in aid to foreign nations each year?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MachineMan
a reply to: KrankBruder

Lol, Biden doesn't even know what planet he's on.[/q uote]

Really? that is your argument?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: KrankBruder
a reply to: Rob808

Giving aid is a national policy to get other countries to do the right thing. It is not to personally help a corrupt politician get dirt on his political opponent.

Pretty simple.

Give a country some money to encourage democracy, or allow them to fight off an enemy.

Not: "Tell the press you are investigating Joe Biden and his son, because he is going to whip my ass in November..."

But what happens when "investigating Joe Biden and his son" is "the right thing" to do?

If investigating two US citizens is the right thing to do, that would be because under US law there would have to be some legally plausible predicate. In other words, there would have to be some set of facts that would lead someone to suspect that laws had been broken. In that case,the President (or any other senior official) would write up a statement of those facts and refer it over to the DOJ for investigation. The President doesn’t get to just single handedly start a criminal investigation on any citizen he doesn’t like.

If the DOJ begins an investigation, then they can invoke the US-Ukraine treaty to get the Ukrainians to support that Investigation for any part of the behavior that occurred on Ukrainian soil.

But Trump didn’t do that. Back in October, the White House said that the DOJ wasn’t asked to start an investigation and that no DOJ investigation was in fact started. That’s probably because White House lawyers knew that there was no reasonable predicate for an investigation of the Bidens. At that point, a law abiding President would have stopped his efforts. So, he went around the legally prescribed process and went directly to the Ukrainians, to try to get a result he couldn’t get through the US system.

Than it sounds like it was a good thing that Trump didn't personally start a US criminal investigation into two US citizens.

If my recollection is correct he asked his counterpart in another country to look into starting an investigation.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Have a coke or a drink of water. You need a refreshing drink to cool down. You should have a nice walk in the sun and cool air.

I hope you don't have any weapons. You seem unhinged.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Because if the rest of the word was stricken with poverty and starving they would band together and start a world war.

Ether we share what we have or they will come and try and take it from us.

Anyone that believes the usa would win a war against the rest of the world is a fool.
There would be no world after that.

Besides, didn't your momma ever teach you how to share?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Perhaps if we give this money, we will force a specific action or behavior? To get a specific outcome?

The outcome is peace.

A safe world is a world where everyone has at least what they need. Shelter, food, water, clothing.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Good logic.

I agree that at this point we do not have enough facts. I don't think we will ever get the truth (maybe 50 year s out).

So at this point, with the facts we have, I say do not remove from office.

However, I would like to see some more testimony.

That will not happen, it seems.

So we are left in the dark.

As a citizen of the US (dual) I would like to see more. But my voice, like yours, does not really count.

We are screwed either way.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Extortion and also some politicians like the Bidens get kickbacks and it goes back to them through shell companies.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Since I became politically aware there are certain things that I would fight to have changed, things that, if I had the seat of power for the day and had the power to change laws and rules or policies with the scribbling of a pen the first thing to go would be how we enact foreign aid. I'm not talking about getting rid of it but it would be more concentrated and less government focused: For example rather than giving country B lets say a billion pounds to build homes and fix land for poor in that country it would be material and building plans and training costs, it would be about giving them the help and the things that they need rather than the money because as we all know foreign aid money would trickle into the pockets of the powerful of country B.

The second for those interested though not on topic would be healthcare and political power. Term limits, not be able to lobby for five years after serving in government and in a country centric one it would be removing the House of Lords (UK) as it currently stands and replacing it with a wing of government voted IN by the people with term limits. But that's for another day.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Maybe i'm wrong but I think we give aid to other countries because we( US) are the Reserve Currency for trading on Global Exchanges. Especially when trading for oil. Don't quote me on that however.
edit on 24-12-2019 by lostbook because: word edit

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

All in all, that was excellent advice. I ordered drunken noodles from a new place and they were delicious. Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Slander - The action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

Deformation - The action or process of changing in shape or distorting, especially through the application of pressure.

So USTFU

(You liberals are knowingly breaking the law.)

edit on 24-12-2019 by TheGhoul because: because I can

edit on 24-12-2019 by TheGhoul because: Went to far for snowflakes

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Most if not all of those countries that receive our money turn around and buy weapons from the US.

Basically it is a big scam on the American people.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
With all the aid, both military and financial, given to Israel over the years, I'm surprised I don't hear more about how our good friend and ally is fighting alongside U.S. forces in the Middle East.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join