It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the US give billions in aid to foreign nations each year?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: KrankBruder

Dude, worry about YOUR country and get your head out of your rear. We do not want or need your sympathy.

US under Trump has strongest economy in the world and in decades.

Lowest unemployment ever.

Strongest military.

Not involved in any further stupid wars and withdrawing from the neocon wars of the past 2 decades.

We still have healthcare if we choose it but there is no mandate!

So, go blow it out yer arse. We are doing just fine.

Thank you for your thoughtful and considerate response.

By the way, I have citizenship in the US, served in your military as an officer, and would kindly request that you respect a fellow countryman who EARNED the right, rather than was simply squatted out by a mother.

You are ranting, so I guess you will rant.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrankBruder
a reply to: DanDanDat

Has Trump ever "done the right thing?"

If you can't see what is going on, after all the news reports and public testimony, then I am certainly not going to change your mind on this right-wing board.

I will have to respectfully say I am not capable of understanding your position. However, Trump is a corrupt president, and Americans should remove him in the lawful way that your government provided for. It looks like your Senate will not do that for political reasons, however, I believe the American people will in the next election. If that does not happen, then the world will only have 4 more years of suffering this fool.

See here's the problem you face; I don't have a "position" and you don't need to "change my mind" ... my mind is completely open to all possibilities; I actively try not to be close minded on subjects as gay as politics and culture.

I understand that in our hipper and increasingly tribalistic society that the knee jerk reaction is to assume everyone who challenges us must be playing for the "other" team and that the feeling of defensiveness is a strong one. Fear is a powerful motivator; that's why those who seek power use it so much and why we need to actively try not to fall into its trap.

Has Trump ever "done the right thing?" ... of course he has; and he's done the wrong things to. He's human just like the rest of us. There is no reason to give into the fear that he is super human villain from some bad B rated movie.

"After all the news reports and public testimony" there is certainly enough circumstantial evidence to be suspicious as to Trump's actions and motivations. But likewise "After all the news reports and public testimony" there is certainly enough circumstantial evidence to be suspicious as to Biden's actions and motivations ... hence my question.

Assuming enough people look at the cercomstainal evidence presented in the "news reports and public testimony" and concluded "Trump is a corrupt president" than they can "remove him in the lawful way that [our] government provided for" next November during the presidential election. There is no need to involve the Senate or the House who are highly motivated by "political reasons".

How do you directly suffer from this "fool"? Suffering is a strong word; people who commit suicide are suffering. People who are bought and sold to human trafficking are suffering. People who are subjected to conditions of famine and disease are suffering. What has happened in your life as a direct result of Trump being president that is causing you to suffer?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

Dude, worry about YOUR country and get your head out of your rear. We do not want or need your sympathy.

US under Trump has strongest economy in the world and in decades.

Lowest unemployment ever.

Strongest military.

Not involved in any further stupid wars and withdrawing from the neocon wars of the past 2 decades.

We still have healthcare if we choose it but there is no mandate!

So, go blow it out yer arse. We are doing just fine.

Thank you for your thoughtful and considerate response.

By the way, I have citizenship in the US, served in your military as an officer, and would kindly request that you respect a fellow countryman who EARNED the right, rather than was simply squatted out by a mother.

You are ranting, so I guess you will rant.

Typical, you insult people off the bat then pretend you are being picked on.

Or is "daft" meant as a compliment?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
because when we 'donate' money, there is an 'inter-national middle man' who steals his cut EVERY time.
so lets say we send 100 dollars to wakanda, well, jerry lipstein, who brokered the deal, he gets 40 bucks for that.

and mighty izreal, well they get the most foreign aid of all, for 'some reason' lol

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: blueman12

Come on.. Would trump even mention biden's son if biden was not running for president under the democratic side, and rather a Republican senator?

I think not!

That is an irrelevant and highly speculative question if "investigating Joe Biden and his son" happens to be "the right thing" to do.

Give it up.

We all know why he asked for an announcement. He cared nothing for the actual investigation, just wanted a headline.

Are you so daft, or pilled, or whatever they say on the chans, that you cannot admit what happened?

Because you do know what he did.

You just won't admit it, and use the talking points to confuse truth.

Sorry I am not a mind reader; I absolutely do not know why he asked for an investigation into the Bidens. Just as I absolutely do not know why Hunter and Joe Biden profited off their political relationship with a Ukrainian Oligarch who was at the time under investigation by the Ukrainian government; a government being pressured by Joe Biden to "do the right thing" or he would withhold US aid.

All of these actions could be the product of political corruption. And they could also be the product of normal international relations. Its clear that each of the two major political tribes in this country are creating their own narratives around these events that help them further their own political agenda... and even their actions can be the product of corruption or they could be the "right thing to do".

So we come back to my original question which for some reason you wont answer.

What happens when "investigating Joe Biden and his son" is "the right thing" to do?

To answer this question you don't even have to assume Biden's or Trump's guilt or innocence. The assumption is already hypothetical made in the question.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Good reply. Looks like you can think about other perspective. I am going to think about what you said before I reply.

Thank you for your words. You give thoughts to others, and that is rare.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

a reply to: Rob808

Giving aid is a national policy to get other countries to do the right thing. It is not to personally help a corrupt politician get dirt on his political opponent.

Pretty simple.

Give a country some money to encourage democracy, or allow them to fight off an enemy.

Not: "Tell the press you are investigating Joe Biden and his son, because he is going to whip my ass in November..."

But what happens when "investigating Joe Biden and his son" is "the right thing" to do?

If investigating two US citizens is the right thing to do, that would be because under US law there would have to be some legally plausible predicate. In other words, there would have to be some set of facts that would lead someone to suspect that laws had been broken. In that case,the President (or any other senior official) would write up a statement of those facts and refer it over to the DOJ for investigation. The President doesn’t get to just single handedly start a criminal investigation on any citizen he doesn’t like.

If the DOJ begins an investigation, then they can invoke the US-Ukraine treaty to get the Ukrainians to support that Investigation for any part of the behavior that occurred on Ukrainian soil.

But Trump didn’t do that. Back in October, the White House said that the DOJ wasn’t asked to start an investigation and that no DOJ investigation was in fact started. That’s probably because White House lawyers knew that there was no reasonable predicate for an investigation of the Bidens. At that point, a law abiding President would have stopped his efforts. So, he went around the legally prescribed process and went directly to the Ukrainians, to try to get a result he couldn’t get through the US system.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

What happens when "investigating Joe Biden and his son" is "the right thing" to do?

Ok, I guess this is a question you really want addressed.

Why not look into it? I think that is something other folks do. Not us. Not Trump. It looks bad for Trump to request specific investigations. There is also the question of what did Trump want done? Just an announcement. Not an actual investigation. Seems like something a TV savvy guy would want to help in his re-election. It all adds up to a personal bribe for Trump's benefit.

It looks bad. Is it worthy of removal? I don't know, and my vote doesn't count here. It is up to the Senate

I do appreciate your comments. You are discussing facts.

Happy Holiday, fellow human.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I always thought it was so American companies could get the contracts in the foreign countries and provide kickbacks to the loliticians. Like haliburton, etc.

My mistake.

edit on 24-12-2019 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

What gives you the right to call a foreign leader a liar?

What gives you the right to use hearsay and opinion to try and impeach an American president?

Just because Biden is running for president he gets to be immune from pass crimes?

What is wrong with you?

They are all rhetorical questions so dobt bother answering them. Even if you could.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
I always thought it was so American companies could get the contracts in the foreign countries and provide kickbacks to the loliticians. Like haliburton, etc.

My mistake.

Thats the truth of it...lol some folks believe bedtime stories about national altruism and get all high and mighty.

Aid is a convenient way to look altruistic, while lining your own companies pockets to facilitate building, or distributing said "aid" in much smaller and cheaper qtys than were sent.

The rest gets laundered and distributed to all the evil bastards in every government

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Lol, Biden doesn't even know what planet he's on.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

No reasonable predicate? Obama's admin coached their appointees on what to say about Biden's son Hunter if it came up during their confirmations. Obama knew it was a problem, that's why he did not endorse him, and told him not to run. It's fine for the FBI to alter evidence and lie to the courts to get warrants to spy on the Trump campaign though.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Billions of dollars in aid for Ukraine was stolen. The money went to a bank owned by the same person who owns Burisma. From that bank it it gets divided up by the corrupt oligarchs, some went to ngo's, and some makes it's way back to corrupt politicians in the U.S.

I would imagine that this happens in all the countries where we give aid.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It isn't about democracy. It's never been about democracy. Democracy is a magic word like "Jesus" politicians use to keep the pump primed.

We don't even care about democracy for our own citizens. Anyone who tells you otherwise is picking your pocket.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Same reason they give welfare to poor people, and especially minorities. Once you get someone on the government teat, you own them. They get used to flow of cash and you can control them. Them more money you give them, the more you control them.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yes, the whole point of giving aid to countries is to get the countries to do what we tell them. Something we can hold over their head. Most times there is some sort of requirements for the country to get the money, otherwise why would we give it to them.....Humanitary aid....HaHaHaHaHaHaHa....can't stop laughing on that assumption, most times the money never goes to those who are starving or sick from what our government gives them for humanitarian aide. There are agencies that do help the needy, that money often is spent on the needy, except for some like the red cross which spends more on their help than what goes to those in need.

It is that way with money provided from most industrialized countries, it is not just a USA thing.
edit on 24-12-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGhoul

What gives you the right to use hearsay and opinion to try and impeach an American president?

Just because Biden is running for president he gets to be immune from pass crimes?

What is wrong with you?

They are all rhetorical questions so dobt bother answering them. Even if you could.

Ok. I won't.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Ok, I guess this is a question you really want addressed.

Why not look into it? I think that is something other folks do. Not us. Not Trump. It looks bad for Trump to request specific investigations. There is also the question of what did Trump want done? Just an announcement. Not an actual investigation. Seems like something a TV savvy guy would want to help in his re-election. It all adds up to a personal bribe for Trump's benefit.

It looks bad. Is it worthy of removal? I don't know, and my vote doesn't count here. It is up to the Senate

I do appreciate your comments. You are discussing facts.

Happy Holiday, fellow human.

Happy holidays to you as well.

It does look bad for Trump to have requested the investigation; you are correct about that. Someone else should have looked into it; preferably the house of representatives back when Biden was the VP.

But since that didn't happen, and the house won't look into it even now; does the duty than not fall on the Executive Branch to look into its own internal actions? And since Trump is now the head of the executive branch that becomes his duty.

Should he have had someone else do the actual work? Maybe; but would it have mattered? If Jeff Sessions investigated the Bidens, people would not be calling the Trump administration corrupt?

So it stands to reason, at least to me, that the mere fact that Trump asked the Ukraine president to "do us a favor" is not proof that he was doing something inappropriate; and more precisely it is something he ought to be doing as part of his job.

The the sticking point is whether or not his intentions and motivations where pure (investigating the possible corruption with in the executive branch) or where they not pure (he wanted to spy on a political rival).

Unfortunately in all the news articles and testimony I have not seen evidence that proves eather possibility to the be the truth.

One would say Trump should be given the benefit of the doubt, as any human being should be given; but we all know that Trump does act in a manner that warrants suspicion; so giving him the benefit of the doubt by default is probably not the most appropriate way to deal with this issue.

Under such uncertain circumstances I see no legitimate way forward but to have the citizens of this country individually decided for themselves what the appropriate response should be.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGhoul

What is wrong with you?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Dude, that is my right. STFU.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join