It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Awakening': Black voters 'abandoned' by Democrats warm to Trump

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79
"The only people i want counting my money is short people with yarmulkes" -that's pretty racist and that's soft compared to what he said just before that

Clinton was a senator and the secretary of state meaning she was literally a public servant.

And if candace "racism was never a problem until the end of obama's term" owens is to be the US's president at some point, the future will be strange for sure.

This board is a gaslighting neighborhood

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Trump did nothing for unemployment. Gotta love how simple minded people are with these statistics. The same exact trajectory was shown under Obama. It's not like Trump changed any policies that helped Africa Americans, he just rode the Obama wave and the rate of change stayed the same. No surprise here, republicans are morons.
edit on 12 26 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
Uh, nope, I'd like apple to pay their fair share in taxes

So, you fell for the lie that corporations pay taxes? Sad...

No, I didn't. I worked for a large tobacco manufacturer for over a decade. I know how big business works.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24839601]AaarghZombies[/post

I'm not from there. What does one have to do in order to get one?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Have you taken your meds today? You honestly do not believe what you just wrote......do you?
I won't call Democrats morons because I don't like to generalize. Some on the left are morons though. Think you may solidly fall into that group.
Seriously, think about what Obama's job #s would have looked like if he would have had the MSM and Republicans investigating, mocking and trying to impeach him everyday of his presidency.
If you honestly think Oboma had a 'wave" you are delusional.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Is you is or is you ain't my constituency!

We all know Hillary was born a poor black girl...

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Trump did nothing for unemployment. Gotta love how simple minded people are with these statistics. The same exact trajectory was shown under Obama. It's not like Trump changed any policies that helped Africa Americans, he just rode the Obama wave and the rate of change stayed the same. No surprise here, republicans are morons.

At the top level Obama didn't lift a finger to bring jobs back to America so that more higher paying jobs like manufacturing would come home. Obama put no pressure on China or Mexico, EU etc... My ears popped as the left gasped with even the thought of putting pressure on other countries to be fair. I think we will see how this plays out and if manufacturing job go higher than 15 million this would equal 2003 in a reversal in loss of these types of jobs. 19 million would put us back in the 60s with numbers. The potential is much higher since the population is much larger than 1960s.

My key point here is Obama didn't even try and his way to fix all this is tax the rich more and create more civil service jobs which really puts us on the old Greece slippery slop while Trump is all about private sector jobs to include supporting growth in economically depressed areas, getting people out of jail that could be a good member of society again, and just today he said if CA can't fix their homeless problem the fed is going to step in...Didn't see Obama do any of that, and we are talking 3 years compared to 8.

edit on 26-12-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
"originally posted by: tanstaafl
So, you fell for the lie that corporations pay taxes? Sad..."

No, I didn't. I worked for a large tobacco manufacturer for over a decade. I know how big business works.

And yet you believe that lie that corporations pay taxes.

It is impossible for Apple or any other corp to ever pay any taxes, let alone their 'fair share'.

Legal fictions can not pay taxes.

People pay taxes.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: doclec
"The only people i want counting my money is short people with yarmulkes" -that's pretty racist and that's soft compared to what he said just before that

Clinton was a senator and the secretary of state meaning she was literally a public servant.

And if candace "racism was never a problem until the end of obama's term" owens is to be the US's president at some point, the future will be strange for sure.

This board is a gaslighting neighborhood

1. Modern day banking was literally created by Jews. If I have to assemble the fastest sprinters on earth guess what? Please don't choke on your kelp.

2. If the whole Hillary servant of the people thing went over your head you have never heard of the Clinton foundation, Benghazi etc. I can't help you.

3.You love applying your own context to what other people say, again I can't help you.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And yet you believe that lie that corporations pay taxes.

It is impossible for Apple or any other corp to ever pay any taxes, let alone their 'fair share'.

Legal fictions can not pay taxes.

People pay taxes.

What would you say is their fair share? We are also talking Fed and state taxes here.

As for Apple they are actually the highest tax payer in the world as they make 59 billion and pay 15.8 billion in taxes, a little over 25%, it is easy to look up...lol

I'm not trying to argue with you as much as trying to understand where you are coming from.

Now lets look at Amazon who made 11 billion in 2018 and not only paid zero fed taxes for the last two years but got a $129 million tax rebate from the federal government on top. I'm sure you say WTF!! So lets look at it..

They carry forward losses from years when the company was not profitable and got tax credits for massive investments in R&D and stock-based employee compensation. Its a lot like a rich person who decides to give million to charity and offsets their taxes with it. Keep in mind Amazon basically was not profitable for its first 14 years...

Companies can offset tax to help recover from the years where they lost money as they claim those losses in years where they make more. I'm more of a flat tax guy so I don't agree with this 100%, but if we slammed companies all the time during low years and high years many might not make it.

Also remember the two companies give close to 800k people jobs that also pay taxes, so I can't say I would like to see these evil companies disappear anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
What would you say is their fair share? We are also talking Fed and state taxes here.

0. Or, said another way, ZERO.

What is it about 'corps do not and can not pay taxes. People pay taxes' that you didn't understand.

To a corp, a tax is just a cost of doing business. It is passed on to... you guessed it... people. The people that buy the corps product/service.

As for Apple they are actually the highest tax payer in the world as they make 59 billion and pay 15.8 billion in taxes, a little over 25%, it is easy to look up...lol

No... while they may be writing the check, it is the people buying Apple products that are really paying that tax.

It is easy to understand, with a little thought-effort.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

0. Or, said another way, ZERO.

What is it about 'corps do not and can not pay taxes. People pay taxes' that you didn't understand.

People can pay zero taxes too, they can also get tax credits without paying a single dime in taxes. Did you even read my post...lol

No... while they may be writing the check, it is the people buying Apple products that are really paying that tax.
It is easy to understand, with a little thought-effort.

Your statement doesn't even makes sense...lol

Apple makes 60 billion in profits and pays 25% of that profit back in taxes... People work for Apple and apple pays 50% of their SS and medicare taxes, provides medical insurance and 401k matching along with their PAY CHECKs for them to live on. Those people pay taxes too or maybe not. People buy apple products and pay state sales taxes on top of all this above, which is a different animal altogether.

I see a lot of different taxes being paid here one way or another just because Apple exists. I totally lost you here, so answer my question. What is Apple's fair share in taxes that you want them to pay?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

People can pay zero taxes too, they can also get tax credits without paying a single dime in taxes.

People 'can' pay zero in taxes.

Corps can not, do not, and never will pay taxes.

Did you even read my post...lol

Yes, while you obviously didn't read (or comprehend) mine...lol

"No... while they may be writing the check, it is the people buying Apple products that are really paying that tax.
It is easy to understand, with a little thought-effort."

Your statement doesn't even makes sense...lol

Not without exerting a little thought-effort.
edit on 26-12-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Corps can not, do not, and never will pay taxes.

So what is your point in all this? You suggest "The People" pay for everything, so ya kind of...lol The corp paying everyone's paycheck to they can pay all taxes, maybe in a way...

So answer me for the third and final time I ask... What do you see as fair taxes for Apple? If you say they can never pay taxes at all based on your weird logic on how money flows then we are done and you can just keep your weird logic without actually answering your statement you made that Apple doesn't pay its fair share.

BTW do you work? If so who whom?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So what is your point in all this?

Ummm... Corps can not, do not, and never will pay taxes... ?

What do you see as fair taxes for Apple?

Objection: asked and answered.

But I'll repeat myself: ZERO. Apple should pay ZERO taxes. The Corporate income tax should be eliminated completely.

Think about. Really think about it. What would happen if this were done?

If you say they can never pay taxes at all

If? I believe that is precisely what I did say.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

But I'll repeat myself: ZERO. Apple should pay ZERO taxes. The Corporate income tax should be eliminated completely.

OK, I get your point in you want corporate tax to go away... What replaces it? We could say the 15 billion in taxes Apple pays goes back to the employees and so they would get a 80k pay raise which would mean they pay more taxes. I don't think its one for one but once you hit 100k+ it is close.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrankBruder
a reply to: Waterglass

fro

RACIST!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

OK, I get your point in you want corporate tax to go away... What replaces it?

Nothing.

We could say the 15 billion in taxes Apple pays goes back to the employees and so they would get a 80k pay raise which would mean they pay more taxes.

No, no, no... I suggested that you really think about it.

No corp tax means much more to a Corp than just not having to write the check.

Do you have any idea how much other resources go to complying with the tax code? Most Corps have multiple accountants and lawyers - some big ones have an army of them - that they would no longer need.

First, this would make it much easier for competitors of large Corps to enter the market. Prices people pay for goods and services go down, creating a huge stimulation to the economy.

And that is just the beginning.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

OK, I get your point in you want corporate tax to go away... What replaces it?

Nothing.

We could say the 15 billion in taxes Apple pays goes back to the employees and so they would get a 80k pay raise which would mean they pay more taxes.

No, no, no... I suggested that you really think about it.

No corp tax means much more to a Corp than just not having to write the check.

Do you have any idea how much other resources go to complying with the tax code? Most Corps have multiple accountants and lawyers - some big ones have an army of them - that they would no longer need.

First, this would make it much easier for competitors of large Corps to enter the market. Prices people pay for goods and services go down, creating a huge stimulation to the economy.

And that is just the beginning.

Ok, I get your point now (I have seen my company do this when Obama raised our taxes, we didn't take the hit the end buyer did), but laissez faire capitalism leads to exploitation of the workers as well. How would you counter that? We are already having to compete with Indian, and Chinese workers now that we have shipped so much manufacturing overseas. You allow the corporation unfettered autonomy and they will exploit whomever they can, and the market doesn't always correct itself (like people deciding to not buy cheap Chinese made goods), cause people are stupid.
edit on 26-12-2019 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
1. You still havent proved he's not racist. I want people who are good at finance counting my money, not just short guys with yarmulkes (believing certain races have traits specific to that race is racism, keep up)
2. Every senator is a public servant so you are at least half wrong.
3. It's what she said. Its not my context. Those are the words she spoke. Please inform me about how i mis-interpreted what she said.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join