It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Awakening': Black voters 'abandoned' by Democrats warm to Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Hypntick

Let me guess, you're a Navy Seal too aren't you? Your dad worked at NASA? Maybe an uncle who worked at Nintendo or Microsoft where you got all kinds of free stuff?

I know kids talk like this, I didn't think adults would, which makes me think you're probably the former.

I don't think he is an American...

clearly not

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm not a boomer, but everything I have, everything I will have, I earned. Working my ass off, as the saying goes.

I'm going to be buying my second house, and my last in all likelihood, so I'm being very careful about the house I finally choose...

Not rich, never will be, barring winning the lottery, but I've never really wanted to be. I grew up around rich folk--one's who earned considerably more than "six figures", and all too many of them were pretentious braggarts...and don't even get me started on their lovely little brats, oops, I meant children.

It'll be enough to have my little house, a little acreage, and my shop to tinker in. I don't need much else. Oh, and to be left the hell alone.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrankBruder

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: KrankBruder

You just asked how is getting paid to work different than slavery. I guess some people just don’t know.

I pointed out that a slave wage is pretty much slavery. I don't stand for that, but then again I earn 6 figures, so does the wife, and we will retire with 7.

How you doing, by the way, home slice?

Both you and your wife making over 6 figures a year and you will only retire with 7 figures? No offence but you need a new financial planner. Or you need to reduce your spending and double down on investments. Making that much you should be in the 8+ figure range around retirement.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Manufacturing jobs? Tax breaks which led to more job openings. Urban revitalization... There is a lot. Now, answer this one, what has Obama done for the black community.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: KrankBruder

Let me guess, you're a Navy Seal too aren't you? .

You mean Harbor?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

20% of Americans own 85% of American stocks. Yea, a little disproportionate.

I don't even know what that means...should you be given 10,000 shares if Apple when you are born? We do know about 80 million Americans have some kind of retirement plan that is associated with the stock market with 55 million is 401k alone.

Uh, nope, I'd like apple to pay their fair share in taxes instead of relying on American consumerism, then finding loopholes to not contribute back into the country. Tax reform, not more welfare. Give more Americans the disposable income to invest in the market.

80 million Americans invested in Wall St through their 401k, but what percentage of total investment into the stock market is that? Less than you think.

www.mybudget360.com...

edit on 24-12-2019 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

So the economy is going well for some people. My stocks are soaring. On Monday the Dow hit another high. I have 7 figures in the market. But how many regular Americans even have a dime in the market?

Not an American only. But yes. Those who have enough extra income buy into the stock market. No poor people. Poors can only spend on shelter and food.

Recall, that 50% of Americans are below average intelligence. It is a fact. They make up the poors. If you are poor, it might mean you are in the lower 50%.

Dunning-Kruger effect.
Google it because I think you are suffering from it.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Quadrivium

What was the republican party platform in 1957?
patriotpost.us...

Republican action created the Department of Health, Education and Welfare as the first new Federal department in 40 years, to raise the continuing consideration of these problems for the first time to the highest council of Government, the President's Cabinet.

The Republican Party supports an immigration policy which is in keeping with the traditions of America in providing a haven for oppressed peoples,

What was the democrat platform in 1957?
patriotpost.us...

We reject the false Republican notion that this country can afford only a second-best defense. We stand for strong defense forces so clearly superior in modern weapons to those of any possible enemy that our armed strength will make an attack upon the free world unthinkable, and thus be a major force for world peace. The Republican Administration stands indicted for failing to recognize the necessity of proper living standards for the men and women of our armed forces and their families. We pledge ourselves to the betterment of the living conditions of the members of our armed services, and to a needed increase in the so-called "fringe benefits.

A fully expanding economy can yield enough tax revenues to meet the inescapable obligations of government, balance the Federal Budget, and lighten the tax burden. The immediate need is to correct the inequities in the tax structure which reflect the Republican determination to favor the few at the expense of the many. We favor realistic tax adjustments, giving first consideration to small independent business and the small individual taxpayer. Lower-income families need tax relief; only a Democratic victory will assure this. We favor an increase in the present personal tax exemption of $600 to a minimum of at least $800.

My point is that things change.
The two parties are not what they used to be. Judging today's political parties based off what was done in the past doesn't give an accurate picture of how americans feel and think in those times or these.

As far as I can tell those are STILL on the Republican platform.
As long as people come here legally, there isn't a problem.
There is a process.
Rules.
If you come here illegally......you are a criminal.
edit on 24-12-2019 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Is this about the "Deploarables" instead of the "Nerds" fight back.

That's a new one! Well. Not really. Plus I can't stop thinking

"Blackland erwache!"

Totally not another stupid thing from the past.
And the language? Awakening? Kinda telling, innit?

Where can I join the cult, we get new boots and the full Matrix leather for free? I hear Antifa has Soros paying for Christmas gifts all year long, ya know... competition! Gotta love this capitalism.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

So the economy is going well for some people. My stocks are soaring. On Monday the Dow hit another high. I have 7 figures in the market. But how many regular Americans even have a dime in the market?

Not an American only. But yes. Those who have enough extra income buy into the stock market. No poor people. Poors can only spend on shelter and food.

Recall, that 50% of Americans are below average intelligence. It is a fact. They make up the poors. If you are poor, it might mean you are in the lower 50%.

Dunning-Kruger effect.
Google it because I think you are suffering from it.

He's coming up with a new user name, he'll get back to you shortly I'm sure.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

That makes sense, because the ones who are asleep, can't also be voting at the same time.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
President Trump would help Black Americans even more if his administration were to replace ObamaCare with a 2-tier insurance system: Medicare Health Insurance for those who Need it -AND- Private Free Market Health Insurance for those who Qualify for it. (Actually, this would help all Americans)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Here's something to consider:

If you have escalating debt greater than what you earn, are you actually making any money?

Debt slavery - always in existence - still going strong today!

--------------------------------

Oh, and did you know that it is apparently OK (for some) to have slaves today in the US, just as long as the slaves are felons? Says so in the Constitution 13th amendment:

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Ah, the land of the.. free?

edit on 24/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

There's a really nice house about five minutes walk from where I'm sitting right now, on about two acres that's falling slowly to pieces because the owner, who I've talked with about it, will not sell under any circumstances.

Why do they not sell?

Because its something that can be borrowwed against prolly or they want to pass it to their kids.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Actually recent polls suggest independents have flip flopped from disliking Trump to preferring him. a reply to: KrankBruder

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Obama and all democrats just pander to black voters as elections near then do nothing for the majority the rest of the time. One only has to look at the largest cities and who runs them to see democratic rule means negative things for those under their control. a reply to: ambassado12

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Fine but a job is a job and money is money. So do you want some to peel bark off trees for tea? Dig up truffles like a pig. So offer up something other than your fantasy agenda. Its too late they run the show. Unless you have global disorder all the people in the money will remain in the money.

Then again will the USA collapse financially? Really? Think about it. Obama, John Brennan, James Comey and all get their $100,000+ annual pensions. Collapse, it happened in 1990 in the Soviet Union but did the country go nuts. No, it morphed into something better for its citizens. Buuuuuuuuuuut. Those in the money then remained in the money to this day and NO ICBM's were launched.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Actually its all about The Rise Of The 4th Reich.

1. Hitler despised Christians, Blacks, Jews but he loved Islam.
2. 3rd Reich got control of all MSM for daily propaganda.
3. Hitler and 3rd Reich was funded financially by others.

History DOES repeat itself as is happening right here right now in the USA. MSM is controlled, daily christian bashing and anything Islam is good. So you think all of those millions of Nazis just fade away away after WWII. Na. They became registered Democrats and some became RINOS. Look at were they are taking the USA and Europe.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

This is funny.

Trump getting the "black" vote?

No, pretty much the "old racist white folks vote."

That is his base.

He has already lost the independent voters and now he has a new hit against him with impeachment. Sure, he has his base, but not much else. Most folks want him removed fro office.

Yes, people have plenty of jobs. Some have 3, because they pay crap and that is what they need to stay alive. How is that different from slavery? Now you just get a crap job, work for nothing at the plant (plantation), and get dismissed out the door after your shift. At least a slave gets a place to sleep and a meal...oh yeah, that is the military I was remembering. Good slaves...

But when people look at the other side...you have antifa, BLM, LGBTQ, illegal aliens, muslims, hollyweird organizing and lining up in droves to vote Democrat.

Those groups are pandered to by Democrats and normal people see those groups as too radical

The Republicans have been sitting back mostly , their growth and popularity comes from the crazy things Democrats say. You hear their ideas and propositions and they are too radical

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

History DOES repeat itself as is happening right here right now in the USA

So you fight former Nazis with putting immigrant kids in cages just like... er... the actual Nazis? Cool.

Wait. What?

“Compassion is the basis of morality.”
“Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”

Schopenhauer

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join