It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Awakening': Black voters 'abandoned' by Democrats warm to Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrankBruder

Not an American only. But yes. Those who have enough extra income buy into the stock market. No poor people. Poors can only spend on shelter and food.

I guess it is how you spend what you have to your best interest and whether you create synergy in numbers. Take Japan where multiple generations live in one house as they pool their resources and live a somewhat simple lifestyle. We see the same thing in Holland where their lifestyle equates to simplicity. America is not that way as we are the consumers of the world even when we might not be able to afford it.

Having a job where you can invest 8% of your pay while your employer does 401k matching of 4% is really not hard to do and is rather common in 401k plans. If you spend your life well below this ability then one needs to look in the mirror and ask why?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: KrankBruder

Actually network dude IS what he says he is. I seem to recall his posting on ATS that backs up what he said. So stop trolling. People who brag are trying to cover up for insecurities if they constantly throw what they got in peoples faces.

Guess I am insecure because when I started out I was really poor.

Now I gloat.

I worked for what I have, and did it smart. Poors my age (57) complain because they did dumb things when they were young, were stupid, and never figured out how the system worked. Darwin.

So your life sucks because your were either below average in IQ or could not figure out how to use the system. Sorry. Darwin.

Uh huh. And no you are not sorry. Users here will tell you when I insult people i use their usernames btw. I should had said IN GENERAL so you woudnt think i was talking about you. No my life is pretty good. Never wanted to be rich either honestly. I just want to get by,and treat people good who treat me good too. Im single but not really dying for a GF or BF.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Not an American only. But yes. Those who have enough extra income buy into the stock market. No poor people. Poors can only spend on shelter and food.

I guess it is how you spend what you have to your best interest and whether you create synergy in numbers. Take Japan where multiple generations live in one house as they pool their resources and live a somewhat simple lifestyle. We see the same thing in Holland where their lifestyle equates to simplicity. America is not that way as we are the consumers of the world even when we might not be able to afford it.

Having a job where you can invest 8% of your pay while your employer does 401k matching of 4% is really not hard to do and is rather common in 401k plans. If you spend your life well below this ability then one needs to look in the mirror and ask why?

For several years I have put the maximum of my US earnings into the 401k. $19,500 and $6,500 per year right now. Pre tax. So does my wife. We put away each year more than most Americans earn. We both worked hard and got though college. We were both pretty smart, and had a good work ethic. I agree with the concept of wealth, yet understand that stupid folks will never get ahead. How many poors can do this?

So we must take care of the poors, like little children, because they cannot take care of themselves.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Actually network dude IS what he says he is. I seem to recall his posting on ATS that backs up what he said. So stop trolling. People who brag are trying to cover up for insecurities if they constantly throw what they got in peoples faces.

Guess I am insecure because when I started out I was really poor.

Now I gloat.

I worked for what I have, and did it smart. Poors my age (57) complain because they did dumb things when they were young, were stupid, and never figured out how the system worked. Darwin.

So your life sucks because your were either below average in IQ or could not figure out how to use the system. Sorry. Darwin.

Uh huh. And no you are not sorry. Users here will tell you when I insult people i use their usernames btw. I should had said IN GENERAL so you woudnt think i was talking about you. No my life is pretty good. Never wanted to be rich either honestly. I just want to get by,and treat people good who treat me good too. Im single but not really dying for a GF or BF.

Well, looks like you got what you wanted.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Waterglass

What has trump directly done to lower black employment ??

I can think of two things which he has not really gotten credit for.

Trump signed the First Step Act into law this allows felons to be released early and actually helps them find work.

Then there is the opportunity zones he has set up in inner cities. This offers tax cuts to businesses that open up in inner cities. These areas tend to be largely black community's.

Just thought of a third as well he increased federal funds to black colleges. But still the biggest is the first step act this corrects the clinton era laws of 3 strikes. This law has always effected the black community destroying families.

So in all fairness hes done alot to help the black community

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

For several years I have put the maximum of my US earnings into the 401k. $19,500 and $6,500 per year right now. Pre tax. So does my wife. We put away each year more than most Americans earn. We both worked hard and got though college. We were both pretty smart, and had a good work ethic. I agree with the concept of wealth, yet understand that stupid folks will never get ahead. How many poors can do this?

So we must take care of the poors, like little children, because they cannot take care of themselves.

H manny is back again...
There are all kinds of successful people, far wealthier than you who started very very poor. Charles Bronson was one.

The long list is endless, and Trump doing things that help business and in turn help the poor, opens up new doors of opportunity throughout the country.

The American dream is still alive, but was floundering under the last pathetic president. Thank GOD Hillary didn't win as well.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I say anyone that suggest they know how 47 million people are going to vote is a fool.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Not all Americans.

New as I am to the Deep South, no I mean the Deep South, I've been pleasantly surprised at how many multi-generational properties I see.

Clusters of houses owned by Mom and Dad, and their Mom and Dad, another two or three, sometimes more, owned by their kids, or siblings.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

shoot i own 3 properties that have been passed down.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

so back when you were "a poor", did you think those who went out of their way to gloat about their imaginary income and imaginary wife were douche bags?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Clusters of houses owned by Mom and Dad, and their Mom and Dad, another two or three, sometimes more, owned by their kids, or siblings.

I agree... But many today when asked what a living wage looks like they will list a bunch of things they see as rights to include privacy to live on your own. Many of these so called "rights" of today's youths are privileges that higher pay allows them to afford.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

What has trump directly done to lower black employment ??

By deporting all of those immigrants there are now gaps in the market for low skilled inner city folk to fill. You Uber is now a citizen thanks to Trump.
edit on 24-12-2019 by AaarghZombies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Agreed.

Like the number of people that looked at my sisters house when we were selling it. First time home buyers, fresh out of college, couldn't be earning much more than 35k a year or there'bouts...wanting to get into a house at 125k.

...and getting upset because she wasn't about to lower the price to 65 or 70k.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yep. That's most definitively the case around here. Sometimes it's an unfortunate thing. I see a lot of houses around here that are falling into disrepair because no one is living there, and haven't for some few years, but the owners will not even contemplate selling.

There's a really nice house about five minutes walk from where I'm sitting right now, on about two acres that's falling slowly to pieces because the owner, who I've talked with about it, will not sell under any circumstances.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

What was the republican party platform in 1957?
patriotpost.us...

Republican action created the Department of Health, Education and Welfare as the first new Federal department in 40 years, to raise the continuing consideration of these problems for the first time to the highest council of Government, the President's Cabinet.

The Republican Party supports an immigration policy which is in keeping with the traditions of America in providing a haven for oppressed peoples,

What was the democrat platform in 1957?
patriotpost.us...

We reject the false Republican notion that this country can afford only a second-best defense. We stand for strong defense forces so clearly superior in modern weapons to those of any possible enemy that our armed strength will make an attack upon the free world unthinkable, and thus be a major force for world peace. The Republican Administration stands indicted for failing to recognize the necessity of proper living standards for the men and women of our armed forces and their families. We pledge ourselves to the betterment of the living conditions of the members of our armed services, and to a needed increase in the so-called "fringe benefits.

A fully expanding economy can yield enough tax revenues to meet the inescapable obligations of government, balance the Federal Budget, and lighten the tax burden. The immediate need is to correct the inequities in the tax structure which reflect the Republican determination to favor the few at the expense of the many. We favor realistic tax adjustments, giving first consideration to small independent business and the small individual taxpayer. Lower-income families need tax relief; only a Democratic victory will assure this. We favor an increase in the present personal tax exemption of $600 to a minimum of at least $800.

My point is that things change.
The two parties are not what they used to be. Judging today's political parties based off what was done in the past doesn't give an accurate picture of how americans feel and think in those times or these.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Are you sad, little child, that I am willing to take care of you? Suffer unto me the poors.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Let me guess, you're a Navy Seal too aren't you? Your dad worked at NASA? Maybe an uncle who worked at Nintendo or Microsoft where you got all kinds of free stuff?

I know kids talk like this, I didn't think adults would, which makes me think you're probably the former.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Agreed.

Like the number of people that looked at my sisters house when we were selling it. First time home buyers, fresh out of college, couldn't be earning much more than 35k a year or there'bouts...wanting to get into a house at 125k.

...and getting upset because she wasn't about to lower the price to 65 or 70k.

People say boomers had it easy and today it is so hard...

I lived with a roommate in an apartment until I was 30, and didn't buy my first house until I was 40. I had cinder blocks and plywood for furniture, one couch, one small table with 4 chairs and a bed.

Drove a motorcycle until I was 21 and then had a Ford Fiesta...I keep most of my cars 10 to 15 years. My one son just wrecked my Ford Explorer I had since 1999, as example.

Today at 60 I live well, huge house, nice cars..all the good stuff and young people say, see how easy you had it.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Let me guess, you're a Navy Seal too aren't you? Your dad worked at NASA? Maybe an uncle who worked at Nintendo or Microsoft where you got all kinds of free stuff?

I know kids talk like this, I didn't think adults would, which makes me think you're probably the former.

I don't think he is an American...

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

There's a really nice house about five minutes walk from where I'm sitting right now, on about two acres that's falling slowly to pieces because the owner, who I've talked with about it, will not sell under any circumstances.

Why do they not sell?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join