It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas from Japan to all ATS members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Oleandra88
Merry Christmas!
Frohe Weihnachten!
Buon Natale!
A scheans Feschd!

How do you celebrate Christmas in Japan? Everyone like they want since there is no real tradition established?

Do you eat together at the 24th evening? When get presents unpacked by the kids?

Here in south Germany, we eat together after going to Church. I skip that, my skin burns inside there. Then we do the dishes and then the door to the living room is opened. We sing "oh du fröhliche" in front of the tree and then the kids can unwrap their presents.

Then cookies and beverages. Kids go to bed and then many adults from town will meet at the church to grab some hot Glühwein and have a good time together.

But not this year, I am alone at the 24th evening, my daughter is at her fathers place and so it is going to be scotch and pizza. Yey.

In Japan, most people order the Christmas cake for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Yes, we open presents under the tree. It's becoming more popular, but money usually is given to children , but starting in 7th grade, well... they no longer get money.
The Christmas cake is very big business here. Kind of like everyone Stateside buying a Christmas tree. I guess if you google Japanese Christmas cake, that will give you an idea.
The cakes on average run about 32 to 36 USD. Smaller cake are about 18 bucks. We eat ice cream with the cake, but I don't think the typical Japanese would even consider it.
Thanks for asking. I have friends in Germany and they have sent us some German chocolate, that stuff is soo good.

I read somewhere (aka the internet
that KFC is typically served at Christmas dinner. Or is that during Thanksgiving?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: v3g4S

Merry Christmas!
Frohe Weihnachten!
Buon Natale!
A scheans Feschd!

How do you celebrate Christmas in Japan? Everyone like they want since there is no real tradition established?

Do you eat together at the 24th evening? When get presents unpacked by the kids?

Here in south Germany, we eat together after going to Church. I skip that, my skin burns inside there. Then we do the dishes and then the door to the living room is opened. We sing "oh du fröhliche" in front of the tree and then the kids can unwrap their presents.

Then cookies and beverages. Kids go to bed and then many adults from town will meet at the church to grab some hot Glühwein and have a good time together.

But not this year, I am alone at the 24th evening, my daughter is at her fathers place and so it is going to be scotch and pizza. Yey.

In Japan, most people order the Christmas cake for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Yes, we open presents under the tree. It's becoming more popular, but money usually is given to children , but starting in 7th grade, well... they no longer get money.
The Christmas cake is very big business here. Kind of like everyone Stateside buying a Christmas tree. I guess if you google Japanese Christmas cake, that will give you an idea.
The cakes on average run about 32 to 36 USD. Smaller cake are about 18 bucks. We eat ice cream with the cake, but I don't think the typical Japanese would even consider it.
Thanks for asking. I have friends in Germany and they have sent us some German chocolate, that stuff is soo good.

that KFC is typically served at Christmas dinner. Or is that during Thanksgiving?

Are you one of those young “educated” Americans?

Just Asking....

Erm... And merry xmas

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Merry Christmas!
Frohe Weihnachten!
Buon Natale!
A scheans Feschd!

Just Asking....

Erm... And merry xmas

Hahahahahhaaaahhhaaaa

I'd say your face looked like your avatar when you read that question, lol

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Merry Christmas!
Frohe Weihnachten!
Buon Natale!
A scheans Feschd!

Just Asking....

Erm... And merry xmas

Hahahahahhaaaahhhaaaa

That’s my usual “look”

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Merry Christmas from the smallest State in the U.S.A.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Merry Christmas from Tilburg , The Netherlands

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88
Oh Oleandra, never heard of Christmas cake? My wife makes half a dozen every year about the beginning of November. They have to mellow and be fed with brandy every day. Then ice them or not your choice.
MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to everybody.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, to all ATS'ers and their family and friends. Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful season. And if needed their own....

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Merry Christmas to you!

From Colorado, USA

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

P.S. What Santa really wants for Christmas is CocoIchi Curry.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Merry Christmas!
Frohe Weihnachten!
Buon Natale!
A scheans Feschd!

Just Asking....

Erm... And merry xmas

Hahahahahhaaaahhhaaaa

That’s my usual “look”

Yeah?

Hhahahahahha hahahahahhahaaaaa

I'd like to see your dumbfounded face then hahahahahahaha

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Haha no never! I never counted but it must be thousands of cakes I baked. Layered, motive, 3D, normal, cakes made out of pralines that are made out of smaller pralines..but not one christmas cake ever

I identified the Japan Christmas Cakes are made similar to what we call mole cake. Not exactly the same but similar. Then I googled the German translation of Christmas Cakes and it came back with normal cakes, muffins and stuff but not the Japan ones.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Hello Lags,

I am neither young nor American, but if you consider street smarts as "education", then I am a scholar

Merry Christmas to you as well, I guess?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Happy Holidays everyone.

Christmas, Chanuka, Kwanzaa,Yule

Whatever you celebrate
what ever you do

May the joy of the season
give you a reason

to spread love.

Blessings on you too Silly! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, to all ATS'ers and their family and friends. Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful season. And if needed their own....

What a nice groove they got in with that odd melody. "Your Own Personal Jesus", had some soul. Never seen that many, about 100 of each musician, drummer, guitar and singers.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: putnam6

What a nice groove they got in with that odd melody. "Your Own Personal Jesus", had some soul. Never seen that many, about 100 of each musician, drummer, guitar and singers.

Love the song there are sooo many covers of it, All the way back to Johnny Cash, nice covers from Hagar, Marilyn Manson Def Leppard and of course Depeche Mode but there's something about this version. Plus thought the subject matter was apropos.

Check out Rockin 1000 they got some great covers too

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Merry Christmas to all.. from Fukuoka

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Merry Christmas!
Frohe Weihnachten!
Buon Natale!
A scheans Feschd!

KFC does have a Christmas pack, but the Christmas cake is more Japanese tradition.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

P.S. What Santa really wants for Christmas is CocoIchi Curry.

Yaki curry is best. You should learn how to cook it . So good. Just use 3 types of cheeses.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Merry Christmas!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join