It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas from Japan to all ATS members

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: mtnshredder

I'm curious, do the Chinese dress up as Santa where you're at?

In Japan?

You know Iwakuni, Japan?
The military US base there?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: mtnshredder
a reply to: musicismagic
Merry Christmas to you too!

Sorry, but I'm Not in China , but here in Japan we sure as heck do, even at the 7-11's.

Huge Christmas trees and parents taking pictures with the young children in just about every Mall or shopping center which is cool as this is a Buddhist country through and through (something I never saw in a Mideastern Arab country).. However, anytime there is a chance for a free gift most are all in to the Christmas spirit of giving gifts. Costing me a small fortune with just the Caddies I use at different golf courses and that is not including family and friends !! Bah Hum Bug ! hahahah

Seriously though I hope for a happy Christmas and a good New Year for all.

Yep! It does get a bit expensive here in Asia, doesn't it.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Merry Christmas folks.
Now only if I had some eggnog. I guess some sake will have to do.

Sake and Tempura shrimp for me please. Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Merry Christmas to you, I remember Japan best in their northern parts, Misawa AF where the Army worked with the Marines during the Fukushima crisis, good times.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Merry Christmas folks.
Now only if I had some eggnog. I guess some sake will have to do.

Sake and Tempura shrimp for me please. Merry Christmas!

Shrimp tempura is tops! Tiger size shrimps, yummy.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Merry Christmas to you, I remember Japan best in their northern parts, Misawa AF where the Army worked with the Marines during the Fukushima crisis, good times.

So you spent some time here. Great country and people seem to be really friendly, at least out in the countryside.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Merry Christmas!
Frohe Weihnachten!
Buon Natale!
A scheans Feschd!

How do you celebrate Christmas in Japan? Everyone like they want since there is no real tradition established?

Do you eat together at the 24th evening? When get presents unpacked by the kids?

Here in south Germany, we eat together after going to Church. I skip that, my skin burns inside there. Then we do the dishes and then the door to the living room is opened. We sing "oh du fröhliche" in front of the tree and then the kids can unwrap their presents.

Then cookies and beverages. Kids go to bed and then many adults from town will meet at the church to grab some hot Glühwein and have a good time together.

But not this year, I am alone at the 24th evening, my daughter is at her fathers place and so it is going to be scotch and pizza. Yey.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Sorry, but I'm Not in China , but here in Japan we sure as heck do, even at the 7-11's.

LOL. I was just curios, thanks for the insight!

I will apologize for you not knowing any better to do that mtnshredder. That was cringe worthy I am sure for some. Blessings to all and spread the love. Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
Merry Christmas!
Frohe Weihnachten!
Buon Natale!
A scheans Feschd!

How do you celebrate Christmas in Japan? Everyone like they want since there is no real tradition established?

Do you eat together at the 24th evening? When get presents unpacked by the kids?

Here in south Germany, we eat together after going to Church. I skip that, my skin burns inside there. Then we do the dishes and then the door to the living room is opened. We sing "oh du fröhliche" in front of the tree and then the kids can unwrap their presents.

Then cookies and beverages. Kids go to bed and then many adults from town will meet at the church to grab some hot Glühwein and have a good time together.

But not this year, I am alone at the 24th evening, my daughter is at her fathers place and so it is going to be scotch and pizza. Yey.

In Japan, most people order the Christmas cake for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Yes, we open presents under the tree. It's becoming more popular, but money usually is given to children , but starting in 7th grade, well... they no longer get money.
The Christmas cake is very big business here. Kind of like everyone Stateside buying a Christmas tree. I guess if you google Japanese Christmas cake, that will give you an idea.
The cakes on average run about 32 to 36 USD. Smaller cake are about 18 bucks. We eat ice cream with the cake, but I don't think the typical Japanese would even consider it.
Thanks for asking. I have friends in Germany and they have sent us some German chocolate, that stuff is soo good.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Merry Christmas to you and yours MM!

So much good food in Japan.... sorry was getting envious.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Thank you for the wishes.

May your holiday be bountiful!

Cheers

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Happy Holidays

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Very interesting, thank you for sharing

I never heard of Christmas Cakes but the idea of strawberry in winter, most pictures showed mole type strawberry cakes, sounds good. We just do not have them here around that time of the year.

So you sit together and eat cake? Here some just get a small meal on 24th evening, some make it big with a whole goose. Our family has always held a big feast on 24th and 25 is leftover eating. 26th is either deer or fish, depends on the hunting success but not this year.

In Germany, half of 24th and both complete 25th and 26th are holidays. Only a few places have open.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Do the chinese dress up as santa there?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Latex Santa’s

You into that kind of thing?

I think all the radiated fish we have to eat is messing up our brains these days here. Oh, and don't forget all the micro plastic in the fish too.
Merry Christmas

Send me your email and I’ll join you 🤪🤪🤪😳😳

Don’t forget the talc...

Google is your friend... 👍😉

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Do the chinese dress up as santa there?

Do Americans dress up as Ninjas there?

Good heavens woman... Use Google... you normally do when it comes to politics...

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Ummm...Merry Christmas...Music...

And to all ATS...perhaps we could use some reflection on what the spirit of this season really entails...

Peace
Love
Harmony
Giving

And Prime Rib dinner...yes I just said that...Prime Rib dinner...a Yuuuge slab of tender goodness with...

Gravy...lots of gravy smothered taters...with asparagus...a veggie platter and that pull apart bread thing with the spinach dip...salads of course...

Then...if your innards can hold it...Cheesecake...

That's the Family tradition for Christmas dinner at YouSir's…

Have a Merry Christmas everyone...may you and yours find peace and joy through every day...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
I tried flour once because I could not find the talc, do not repeat my mistake. That dress got cancer and it was my favorite one, handmade and to my sizes

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Love Sydney. Went there for Christmas 1998.

a reply to: Flighty

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
a reply to: Lagomorphe
I tried flour once because I could not find the talc, do not repeat my mistake. That dress got cancer and it was my favorite one, handmade and to my sizes

That’s a newbie lifestyler thing...

Sweat, latex and flour are not good friends...

I have a story to tell concerning latex, no talc, a staircase and a broken leg... but maybe ATS is not the right place 😉😉😉

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join