It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not The Best Christmas?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Sounds to me like you're calling out lip syncing, no?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Homefree

Ummm, the 75 bucks is nice, but I hope you were kidding about the rest.

Not kidding. I showed it to a cop and he seemed to have no interest in a well aged human femur and a few ribs. It is now a dog's chew toy.
Bums die in the woods. Nobody really seems to care.
The cycle of life.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Oh, Christmas will be nice enough and we get to see everyone.

I feel bad for kiddo though. We're not having a Christmas tree this year and he's not too happy about it. With the shoulder surgery, I couldn't give my husband the help I usually do bringing in the tree and decorating and holding down my share of the housework, even.

So we decided we'd back off and maybe having a small tree of only a foot or two tall, but no one sells those and we weren't buying an artificial one just for one year that was that size. Things are lean enough in the bank account because I've been out of work for three full weeks as it is. I count on this time of year to pick up some extra hours, make the holiday nice.

So ... no tree. I did pick up a pack of cat toys that look sort of like Christmas ornaments and we're going to try to decorate the cat tree with them after kiddo goes to bed tomorrow night. I don't know if any of the "ornaments" will make it til morning, but we're going to try.

And next year, things should be back to normal.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you have "Trader Joe's" anywhere near you?

They have miniature Christmas 'trees' (about a foot maybe foot and a half tall) made out of rosemary bushes...

I know it won't seem at all the same to a little one, but you could call it 'elf sized', and they smell nice too -

and if you have a sunny spot in the house and can keep it alive til Spring, you can plant it out doors and have fresh rosemary for cooking

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

There are some clear on the south edge of the city. Maybe hubby could get him down there tomorrow morning before the Christmas Eve store closings.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Here is a Christmas challenge for all us miserable souls

Say merry Christmas to a stranger and smile, I dare you to
Give someone a compliment about how nice they look in their most stupid attire, be meaningful, try at least
Do something for someone you don’t know, anonymous

Not a big fan of Christmas but it’s not about me, it’s about others, I do this for them

I accept the dare. You are so right though .. it is about others.

The other day I was getting groceries for over the holidays and of course it was busy and carts were in each other’s way, and of course there was a lot of “excuse me”s between costumers as we moved carts for each other or dodged around each other to get things.
My back was really hurting and I was in a hurry to get out of there and I was impatient and frustrated. I had to remind myself twice that it was the season to be jolly and finally snapped out of my bad mood as I was leaving. 😂 Just kidding.. made an effort to be especially nice to people waiting at the till.. and wished a few people merry Christmas.

To all those going through difficult times this Christmas may the peace of this Holy season find a place in your heart.. and inspire you with love and faith to have hope in a better future.
edit on 23-12-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Call first and make sure the stores carry them in your area - I'm in Florida, and I know the California stores have the rosemary 'trees', but it would be a shame to fight Christmas Eve traffic only to find that stores in your region don't stock them..

Good Luck!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Thanks Night Star. Missing my dad for a 5th Christmas. Just isn't the same without everybody there, especially with no extended family.

a reply to: Night Star

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

I understand completely. Many of us have lost loved ones and are missing them right now.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I remember reading about your surgery. I hope you heal up quickly Ketsuko.

I love the idea that lostgirl brought up about getting a rosemary plant. You can sometimes find them in groceries stores too.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Lovely message.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

A rosemary bush is a great idea! Our grocery store has some with a bow on top. You can decorate it with tiny ornaments. I just might do that next year.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Oh, for all the stuff I had done I'm healing up very nicely. My PTs are pleased with my progress anyhow, but this is the kind of thing with the healing measured in months, not days or weeks, so I'm still in the phase where my rehab is all my or the PTs moving my right arm because I'm not supposed to stress the right bicep at all.

I am back to doing some right hand typing and other small things with my right. I am driving again (mostly left handed), and I got back to work last week. But it will be while yet before I can really do any heavy work with my right arm.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

If your PT's are pleased with your progress, then I am as well. Little steps leads to big results in the end.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
ahhh Thanks NightStar, you always remember others and post such a kindness.
I will be with family but missing those that are absent. Wishing everyone Beauty and Peace and Love!

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Merry Christmas Night Star

Hope you have a wonderful holiday

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Wishing the same for you Starcrossed!

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon