It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS On The Rise Again ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Try having a peep past the exoteric meaning. What do you think ISIS (The Great Mother (Sirius the Dog star) Doing going around Syria (people of the sun (sirius) and there leader is killed by a dog. (A fabrication he blew himself)

Why this symbolism. Who gains from the change in archetypal energies here. This is ritualistic and not by mistake.

Just like the entire rise of ISIS if in doubt read the Pentagram papers.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

If we are playing that game the Palestinians could be doing with some of there land back from Israel.

That will need to be some size of big middle east magic marker all the same.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Oops people are getting bored again, time to roll out the ISIS boogeyman crap again.

pffffft.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The destruction of the ISIS Caliphate was a major achievement and one that both Trump as the Commander in Chief and all involved in the operation can be proud of.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

ISIS's deranged brand of Islamic extremism overrode their military sense. Their conventional military strategy was predictably doomed. ISIS has neither the industrial base/capacity and capabilities to defeat their strange U.S. Iranian "coalition".

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

That said, a terrorist organisation is always likely to rear it's ugly head again. If they try and capture lands and build their Caliphate, they will be destroyed again. But, they will still cause mayhem through, as the article says, insurgencies and acts of terror.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Although easy to foresee, ISIS's switch to an insurgency is a headache for western military planners and sensible political leaders. Trump's ego rivals MacArthur's megalomania. Hence, Trump falsely believes ISIS is defeated. The ISIS insurgency aims to outlast the patience of primary American public opinion. Additionally, the American's electorates desire to "bring the troops home" is not suited to long term counterinsurgency campaigns.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

You can kill a Man.

Ideologies are a whole nother kettle of fish to contend with.

Anyhoo why kill them, when you can use them for political kudos.

We helped shape and create the likes of ISIS for our own purpose as well as any of there own or Allah.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: alldaylong

Who is it keeps them supplied with guns, ammo, and other assorted military hardware?

Iran.

who got pallets of ca$h from Obama.

www.latimes.com...

Reporting from Washington — The Obama administration is acknowledging its transfer of $1.7 billion to Iran earlier this year was made entirely in cash, using non-U.S. currency, as Republican critics of the transaction continued to denounce the payments.
Treasury Department spokeswoman Dawn Selak said in a statement late Tuesday that the cash payments were necessary because of the “effectiveness of U.S. and international sanctions,” which isolated Iran from the international finance system.

The $1.7 billion was the settlement of a decades-old arbitration claim between the U.S. and Iran. An initial $400 million of euros, Swiss francs and other foreign currency was delivered on pallets Jan. 17, the same day Tehran agreed to release four American prisoners.

Obama wanted a nuclear deal for his legacy.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Don't worry about ISIS, Biden will sniff them out.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Iran eh?

So not our arms manufacturers via proxy?

Another place without a world bank as well, nevermind a few F14s and allegedly an American printing $$$$ press.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'd like to see some hard evidence that Iran is funding ISIS.

The Iranian government are fundamentalist Shia Twelvers.
ISIS are fundamentalist Sunni.
They are diametrically opposed.

Iran is a supporter of the Assad regime which is also Shia dominated.

ISIS affiliated groups have carried out numerous attacks in Iran including on The Iranian Parliament and Ayatollah Khomeini's Mausoleum and is regularly denounced by the regime and is considered a terrorist organisation.

Could there be subversive elements within Iran who sympathise with ISIS?
Possibly, but I think its very unlikely.

The ideology that inspired ISIS has not been eliminated and obviously will attract new converts.
It seems they've adapted new tactics and operate in a similar way to The Taliban and even Al-Qaeda.

Where does there funding come from?
I think that's a deep rabbit hole and if the whole truth was ever revealed I suspect there'd be a few squeaky bums in the highest echelons of power in both 'the west' and the middle east.

I also think its mightily convenient to try to cast the blame in Iran's direction.

ISIS are an evil that needs to be thoroughly eradicated, but I hope they're not used as an excuse to bomb Iran.
Surely we've learnt from relatively very recent events, haven't we?

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
www.thetower.org...

Most people assume that the Sunni terrorist group ISIS is the natural and mortal enemy of Shia Iran, but this is not always the case. In fact, in at least one part of the Middle East, Iran has become a crucial, if indirect, sponsor of its supposed enemy.
As the world’s eyes are focused on ISIS terrorism in Europe, the Middle East, and even the U.S., the group’s branch in the Sinai has become one of the most powerful, dangerous, and effective in the region. Recent reports indicate that Iran, through the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas, is primarily responsible for this.

The Iran-Hamas-ISIS axis is part of Iran’s strategy of using proxy forces against U.S. allies like Egypt and Israel as part of a larger strategy to achieve hegemony over the Middle East. This has resulted in one of the region’s best kept secrets: An intensive cooperation mechanism between Iran, Hamas, and ISIS, based on money, weapons, military equipment, and training.

not the most well-known source I admit

here's a guy from the US State Department
www.state.gov...

Iran is the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism. Period. It has held that dubious distinction for many years now and shows no sign of relinquishing the title.

To the contrary, the regime in Tehran continues to provide hundreds of millions of dollars every year to terrorists across the world. It does this, despite ongoing economic turmoil that’s impoverishing many of its people. The beneficiaries of this misbegotten largesse range from Hizballah in Lebanon, to Hamas in Gaza, to violent rejectionist groups in the West Bank, to the Houthis in Yemen, to hostile militias in Iraq and Syria.

Let me give you some numbers. This may sound hard to believe, but Iran provides Hizballah alone some $700 million a year. It gives another $100 million to various Palestinian terrorist groups. When you throw in the money provided to other terrorists, the total comes close to one billion dollars.

Iran might turn on those people eventually, in a sectarian feud, but for now they are happy to subsidize those who will destabilize the West.
edit on 25-12-2019 by ElGoobero because: add useful content

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Funny you bring that up, ISIL, I've always wondered why they changed it, or started saying it that way. Also that leads me to a second question. At the time of 911,we were told that Osama bin laden was the master mind behind the attack. Now whether he was to blame or not is beside the fact. At some point it changes to USAMA Bin Laden. Why is that? My personal theory is simple, Osama sounded too close to Obama, therefore there was a decision to change it. Anyone know anything about it?

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Obama should be held responsible for helping to train and arm ISIS.

Source: www.forbes.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The article you linked says nothing about training or arming ISIS.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Many would argue that Saudi Arabia is by far the source of more terrorist funding than any other individual nation on earth.
But I guess that wouldn't fit in with the narrative some people love to spread, and believe.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Just to expand on the very relevant point made by Chadwickus.

The article is dated February 2017, nearly two years ago.

Not only doesn't it state anything about ISIS funding and arming it also has nothing to say about their origins or its relationship with Iran.

The article is nothing more than pro-Trump rhetoric with the specific aim of blaming the rise of ISIS solely on Obama without any supportive evidence and purely for political reasons.

Of course the Obama administration made mistakes - which administration and/or government hasn't made policy mistakes in the middle east? - but to blame the rise of ISIS on Obama alone is way wide of the mark.

The reasons for ISIS's rise, fall and apparent re-invention are many and very, very complex.
For various reasons many people don't seem capable of accepting the reality and implications of some of those reasons.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Then Bush and Blair should be tried for war crimes.

Aka the 2nd illegal invasion of Iraq under the false pretense of invisible WMD.

Its a quagmire and then some.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

In 1945 the Allies defeated Nazi Germany.

It's 2019 now.

And we still have Nazi's.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In 1945 the Allies defeated Nazi Germany.

It's 2019 now.

And we still have Nazi's.

No doubt that's Trumps fault too.
Just like the useless allies who failed to wipe out Nazism, Trump has utterly failed to end all terrorism. I mean, what is he doing?!!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

How is it that you kill an ideology like Nazism without becoming what it is you are trying to destroy in the process?

It's not an easy task, even more so today given the information age in which we exist.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Shush.....stop talking sense.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join