It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don Quixote

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
The President's powers in regard to foreign policy are subject to both the advice and consent of the Senate.

Not exactly. The cabinet appointees are approved by the Senate, but that's where their Constitutional authority of advice and specifically consent end. The Secretary of State has more foreign policy authority than the entirety of the Senate.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

How could there be no quid pro quo? He suspended $400 million dollars in military aid in a time of war. Even a slight slowdown in payments exposes the Ukraine to defeat by Russia.

It was clearly premeditated as means of gaining leverage and shows that Trump is working to the advantage of the country....

We all know there was quid pro quo, there always is... Biden's threat to with hold not 400 mil but a BILLION was no different.

We also know the call was not perfect...OK

Finally we know that Trump needs to defend himself even taking a crap or eating two scoops of ice cream, hopefully not at the same time though.

When he says no quid pro quo it is 100% directed towards the claims he did it for personal gains and to say the call was perfect is just Trump in how he describes just about everything.

In the end he was within his Presidential rights to do it all with none of it illegal in any sense of the word. For you to say "oh poor Ukraine, Russia almost took them out due to Trump" is about as disingenuous as one can get. Was there one life lost, was there any changes at all in Russia's posturing in all this, did Ukraine leadership even blink an eye of concern...lol

The excuses seem to be becoming more tenuous.

Are you sure he warrants it?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Can you conceive that inability to purchase and supply militarily does not have an instantaneous effect but that the ongoing effect of deficit against a superior provisioned enemy will fairly inevitably result in a high probability of defeat?

You assume Trump in some evil way was going to suspend indefinably, and that is not the case. After some days after the call the State department was getting frustrated because they didn't know in what direction the President wanted them to go, and Trump said "I need nothing, I want nothing" and that was the end of it all.

BTW they are not at actual war right now, they are posturing, so once again NO one gave a F about Ukraine until the phone call...lol Get over it...

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The excuse for what, that he did what every President did before him... Two scoops...

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

‘Factoids’ are questionable or spurious statements presented as facts, but which have no veracity. With some 24,700 mentions in cyberspace, the connection between VAD and wind turbines has gone ‘viral’, is now commonly included in submissions to governments by anti‐wind farms activists and is often mentioned in media interviews. The term ‘vibroacoustic disease’ resonates with a portentousness that may foment nocebo effects52 among those hearing about it and assuming it to be an established disease classification, acknowledged in medicine. The cyberspace‐megaphoned relationship between VAD and wind turbine exposure is a classic example of a contemporary health factoid, which was here unleashed by a press release containing the claim that on the basis of two uncontrolled case studies, the association was “irrefutably demonstrate[d]”. Vibroacoustic disease should be considered a candidate for the archives of “non‐diseases”.53 However, in this case, this factoid is contributing to a regulatory environment which is severely limiting the siting of wind turbines in Australia and thus lessening the contribution of wind energy to greenhouse gas reductions.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

The Energy Department today released a report which confirms that adding even limited electricity transmission can significantly reduce the costs of expanding wind energy to supply 35% of U.S. electricity by 2050. The report, titled Reducing Wind Curtailment through Transmission Expansion in a Wind Vision Future and authored by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), affirms the findings of the Energy Department’s 2015 Wind Vision, which showed that a future in which wind provides 20% of U.S. electricity in 2030 and 35% in 2050 is achievable and would provide significant economic, energy security, and health benefits to the nation.

www.energy.gov...

Prices per megawatt hour from electricity for coal-fired power plants range from a low of $60 to a high of $143, according to Lazard, a financial advisory firm that publishes annual estimates of the total cost of producing electricity. This is the levelized cost, which includes the cost to build, operate, fuel and maintain a power plant.

Wind is significantly cheaper: Unsubsidized, levelized prices per megawatt hour of electricity from wind range from $29 to $56, according to Lazard’s most recent figures. In contrast, a decade ago, wind costs topped out at $70 per megawatt hour, according to the U.S. Department of Energy’s most recent report on the wind technologies market.

eu.usatoday.com...

I do not suffer fools easily.

How do you live with yourself then?

Take that as it was meant, please.

Maybe take your own advice and....

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Get over yourself.
???

Just a thought.

Oh yes. Christmas was amazing and peaceful, as always. Loving the downtime.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

www.vice.com...
Yeah, low frequency sounds are harmless... which is why the Pentagon has spent billions developing acoustic weapons that operate in that range and both Cuba and China have been accused of using LFDs to sicken US diplomats.

Glad you had a merry Christmas, Nef, hope your New Year is equally enjoyable.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The excuse for what, that he did what every President did before him... Two scoops...

"Did what every President before him did" and yet he boasts that he has done all sorts of good and exceptional things.

Well, the national debt has never been higher and the 'debt to GDP ratio' has never been higher (it is 106%).

edit on 27/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

"Did what every President before him did" and yet he boasts that he has done all sorts of good and exceptional things.

Well, the national debt has never been higher and the 'debt to GDP ratio' has never been higher (it is 106%).

Yep he boasts a lot, all the time, on everything, he's a showman at his events too... is that grounds for impeachment? I'm not happy he signed two huge bills from Congress, but it is what it is...I tend to say OK that sucked, and then I see what the left is bringing to the table and on the low side they are pushing an increase of 10 trillion to Warren's 31 trillion... and now I'm like WTF is the left trying to do.

My one message to the Left...Stop making crappy Trump look like a God sent compared to the sh!t storms you want to put up against him.

Maybe in the end Trump isn't so crappy after all if what is next in line all look like what we have going up against him. Maybe his inability to filter his thoughts thorough speech or words written is hiding something that would actually do America good.

We will just need to wait and see how he fares after his next 4 years...

edit on 27-12-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yep he boasts a lot, all the time, on everything, he's a showman at his events too... is that grounds for impeachment? I'm not happy he signed two huge bills from Congress, but it is what it is...I tend to say OK that sucked, and then I see what the left is bringing to the table and on the low side they are pushing an increase of 10 trillion to Warren's 31 trillion... and now I'm like WTF is the left trying to do.

My one message to the Left...Stop making crappy Trump look like a God sent compared to the sh!t storms you want to put up against him.

Maybe in the end Trump isn't so crappy after all if what is next in line all look like what we have going up against him. Maybe his inability to filter his thoughts thorough speech or words written is hiding something that would actually do America good.

We will just need to wait and see how he fares after his next 4 years...

The rest of the world doesn't see things as divided into Trump or 'the left'. There are right-wing and even ultra right wing people who are anti Trump. There are left wing people who think he has done a fair job as President. The thing is both of these positions are in the minority. By far, the majority are centrists. They may or may not give a damn about whoever is President this month, but they clearly aren't either 'Trump' nor 'the left'. They are the majority.

The creation of a vast and largely fictional enemy to attack is the story of Don Quixote. Trump is tilting at windmills both figuratively and literally.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

They may or may not give a damn about whoever is President this month, but they clearly aren't either 'Trump' nor 'the left'. They are the majority.

The creation of a vast and largely fictional enemy to attack is the story of Don Quixote. Trump is tilting at windmills both figuratively and literally.

In my post I said nothing about far anything, so I'll repeat of statement...

I do find it funny that you suggest Trump is the instigator and not the reactionary. Trump is hugely reactionary as a fault, if the liberals didn't attack him ceaselessly since day one do you think he would be as he is?

Trump doesn't push right wing at all, and has been more center even leaning left. He was the left darling up to he ran for President and won. This whole narrative is driven by the very left leaning press, Hollywood and liberals in the Government, so lots of money, power and influence there.

I agree 100% that the vast majority of America are centrists and so what do you think they will do when given a choice such as Sanders or Warren compared to Trump that has been more left than right in a number of things? Trump by a long shot has not been bad for the country in all that he has accomplished, or is still trying to accomplished, AND he been doing this under full frontal attack since day one in office. Compared to Obama that did really bad things that Trump could not even dream of and he was untouchable as the Golden child for 8 years.

In the end I would say that Yang has about the best chance to run centrists and smart enough to hold his own one on one against Trump in debates, but we both know that isn't going to happen.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

In my post I said nothing about far anything, so I'll repeat of statement...

I do find it funny that you suggest Trump is the instigator and not the reactionary. Trump is hugely reactionary as a fault, if the liberals didn't attack him ceaselessly since day one do you think he would be as he is?

Before they even knew that Trump existed, he was accusing them of things, most of them now revealed as total bunk.

Remember Obama's birth certificate?

Remember the calls to "lock her up" amid accusations around Benghazi, Uranium One and the DNC e-mails?

Remember that Trump's entire platform was about how 'they' were corrupt and he was going to drain the swamp? Yet look at whose guys are now serving time.

Trump deserves everything he has called down on himself. He IS the instigator.

Trump doesn't push right wing at all, and has been more center even leaning left. He was the left darling up to he ran for President and won.

Since the left didn't change their policies. Trump is a turncoat.

This whole narrative is driven by the very left leaning press, Hollywood and liberals in the Government, so lots of money, power and influence there.

I agree 100% that the vast majority of America are centrists and so what do you think they will do when given a choice such as Sanders or Warren compared to Trump that has been more left than right in a number of things? Trump by a long shot has not been bad for the country in all that he has accomplished,

Using his metrics.

I would think that 106% of national debt to GDP ratio is an impending economic disaster. It means that the whole of the US economy has been going backwards, costing more than it made, for the entire duration of the Trump Presidency.

You know when a bank forecloses on a home owner who can't pay their mortgage? Multiply that by a nation - for three years!

or is still trying to accomplished, AND he been doing this under full frontal attack since day one in office. Compared to Obama that did really bad things that Trump could not even dream of and he was untouchable as the Golden child for 8 years.

In the end I would say that Yang has about the best chance to run centrists and smart enough to hold his own one on one against Trump in debates, but we both know that isn't going to happen.

I don't envy whoever inherits the mess.

edit on 27/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Before they even knew that Trump existed, he was accusing them of things, most of them now revealed as total bunk.

Not really, would you like me to post 100s of pictures with him and all the liberal elite?

Hillary's team created all that back in 2012, and Trump ran with it for a very short period..

Remember the calls to "lock her up" amid accusations around Benghazi, Uranium One and the DNC e-mails?

Yep, and she should be held accountable. Everyone of these I can post 100s towards Trump... Are you saying he should not have gone after Hillary during the election?

Remember that Trump's entire platform was about how 'they' were corrupt and he was going to drain the swamp? Yet look at whose guys are now serving time.

Lol we both know that is total bull, people serving time are there for totally non-Trump reasons, they are there because the FBI went after them, and a lot of that is coming out now. BTW the ones in jail came to Trump through the RNC and I don't trust the RNC much more than the DNC.

Drain the swamp is just that...not a partisan statement.

I think he relishes in it, but they didn't give him even a second did they...lol

I would think that 106% of national debt to GDP ratio is an impending economic disaster. It means that the whole of the US economy has been going backwards, costing more than it made, for the entire duration of the Trump Presidency.

You know when a bank forecloses on a home owner who can't pay their mortgage? Multiply that by a nation - for three years!

And Warren is the answer?

Remember Trump won because of... "anyone but Hillary" He will win again because the Democrats can't find one decent person to compete against him...sad really

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Not really, would you like me to post 100s of pictures with him and all the liberal elite?

Hillary's team created all that back in 2012, and Trump ran with it for a very short period..

Yep, and she should be held accountable. Everyone of these I can post 100s towards Trump... Are you saying he should not have gone after Hillary during the election?

Lol we both know that is total bull, people serving time are there for totally non-Trump reasons, they are there because the FBI went after them, and a lot of that is coming out now. BTW the ones in jail came to Trump through the RNC and I don't trust the RNC much more than the DNC.

Drain the swamp is just that...not a partisan statement.

I think he relishes in it, but they didn't give him even a second did they...lol

And Warren is the answer?

Remember Trump won because of... "anyone but Hillary" He will win again because the Democrats can't find one decent person to compete against him...sad really

Where did you get the pictures?

Were they possibly from social media and pro-Trump blogs during the Russian trolling campaign leading up to the 2016 election?

You know there were tens of millions of them posted, re-posted, cross-posted and $#it-posted. Here's the Congress archive.

Please post them and then I can use a Google image search to find out when they first appeared on the net. I't will be a hoot!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Please post them and then I can use a Google image search to find out when they first appeared on the net. I't will be a hoot!

Are you suggesting the whose who of the liberal elite didn't consistently hang with the Donald? lol really?

Next you might suggest they also didn't hang with old Harvey too for decades.

BTW it seems you are down to replying to just a snippet of my posts, I guess time to move on other another topic...

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Are you suggesting the whose who of the liberal elite didn't consistently hang with the Donald? lol really?

Next you might suggest they also didn't hang with old Harvey too for decades.

BTW it seems you are down to replying to just a snippet of my posts, I guess time to move on other another topic...

Umm, way to deflect. You just post your pictures and I'll post mine:
By the way, returning to the topic of the OP, I visited the Awhitu Wind Farm yesterday.

Only one massive windmill erected so far (there are 18 planned).

There was a strong breeze coming in from the coast (there always is, that's why the site is fit for purpose) and although I couldn't get onto the property, I was able to get to within 827 meters of it, with unobstructed line of sight, on an adjacent property (I measured the distance on Google Earth).

I had to watch for a while to see that the blades were actually turning. They turn really slowly, way slower than one revolution per minute. There's no way a bird could be killed at that speed. Also it was absolutely silent. The only sounds I could hear (and admittedly I wasn't that close to the thing) was birds and the sound of wind through some bushes and trees.

Of course, it could have been that the blades were feathered and that the thing wasn't in operation, but it has been up there and moving at the same speed for this entire year and I could see the transformers that tied it in to the mains power lines along the roadside.

They also were erecting some scaffold/tower on the site, a bit further along the hilltop, so I suspect that they are getting ready to lift another one. You could see the mast and three blades lying on wood blocks on the ground at the new site (I didn't see a generator housing). I think there was a concrete pad there already. I'd expected the blades to be plastic and hollow but these looked like solid white anodized aluminium and they looked like they'd be really heavy, but it's hard to judge.

Trump said windmills were ugly but really there is something quite beautiful about this enormous shiny white skinny thing that rotates slowly in silence. It's like a piece of dynamic art sculpture.

Afterwards, I went down to the nearby Kariotahi (black sand) beach for a walk. Here's a video showing a hang glider taking advantage of the constant prevailing wind:
They have a public toilet and shower block there, painted with a rainbow mural, and I noticed that it also had a small windmill about two or three feet in diameter, sticking up on a mast, on top. I'd never noticed it before but it was also was absolutely silent. There are no power poles near it and so I'd guess that it either pumps the water or generates power for lights and pumps. There's a small plaque that identified that the windmill was installed by a local business called "What Power Crisis?" LOL.

So, Trump is wrong, the noise from windmills doesn't cause cancer, because they don't seem to make any. And windmills also don't kill birds if they are properly designed.

As for "tremendous fumes", I don't think their fabrication would be any dirtier than any other machinery. Probably a lot less than say a factory that produces diesel or coal power plant turbines, which have hundreds of turbine blades to be cast, machined and polished. Not like the windmills that only have three blades to be cast, machined and anodized. The generator part is probably identical and even a big a gearbox is probably similar to the ecological impact of making a fairly standard car gearbox.

So I call BS on nearly everything Trump said in the OP's video.

edit on 28/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

As for "tremendous fumes", I don't think their fabrication would be any dirtier than any other machinery. Probably a lot less than say a factory that produces diesel or coal power plant turbines, which have hundreds of turbine blades to be cast, machined and polished. Not like the windmills that only have three blades to be cast, machined and anodized. The generator part is probably identical and even a big a gearbox is probably similar to the ecological impact of making a fairly standard car gearbox.

The President reads a lot and grabs an idea and runs with it. As far as windmills go there are a lot where I live and close to 60,000 across America. Some studies have suggest that the very low Infrasound they produce has negative physical reactions on people. That is sound below 20hz range where a person can not hear it, they call it wind-turbine Syndrome.

Newer windmills have sound damping technology that greatly reduces the Infrasound they produce, but like all large scale projects we don't know what long term affects there might be. Take massive solar farms in the desert, what affects would that have on the large area?

As for Trump, he didn't make all that up in his head, so we can call it BS or not without using it as some form of Trump-syndrome sneaking its way into conversations.

BTW they are computer controlled so they spin as fast or slow as the computer regulates it. I have seen them spin rather fast even though they look slow because they are huge, so ya they are moving. The tips can be going 180 MPH with only 15 RPM at the base....

I find your conclusion that the President is total BS rather interesting as it is only based on your observation of one windmill at a distance... REALLY???

Just think of the last 20 feet of this massive blade going 150-180 MPH, now pack 500 of them together. As far as birds and bats go, I don't have a clue, I'm not an expert, but I can see how they CAN take them out. Do 180 MPH in your car and see if a bird can get out of the way if they fly in your path...lol

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The difference is Trump knew him decades ago as they ran in the same billionaire circle and then removed all ties with him a long time ago, hence only pictures of them together are when they were much younger. As for Harvey, the Liberal elites were most likely still hanging with him a week before he was up on charges...lol

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

The President reads a lot and grabs an idea and runs with it. As far as windmills go there are a lot where I live and close to 60,000 across America. Some studies have suggest that the very low Infrasound they produce has negative physical reactions on people. That is sound below 20hz range where a person can not hear it, they call it wind-turbine Syndrome.

Newer windmills have sound damping technology that greatly reduces the Infrasound they produce, but like all large scale projects we don't know what long term affects there might be. Take massive solar farms in the desert, what affects would that have on the large area?

As for Trump, he didn't make all that up in his head, so we can call it BS or not without using it as some form of Trump-syndrome sneaking its way into conversations.

BTW they are computer controlled so they spin as fast or slow as the computer regulates it. I have seen them spin rather fast even though they look slow because they are huge, so ya they are moving. The tips can be going 180 MPH with only 15 RPM at the base....

I find your conclusion that the President is total BS rather interesting as it is only based on your observation of one windmill at a distance... REALLY???

Just think of the last 20 feet of this massive blade going 150-180 MPH, now pack 500 of them together. As far as birds and bats go, I don't have a clue, I'm not an expert, but I can see how they CAN take them out. Do 180 MPH in your car and see if a bird can get out of the way if they fly in your path...lol

The tips of our wind turbine blades move at less than 1 meter per second.

The force, even at slow speeds, of a lever of that length, is incredible.

At that tip velocity, they don't produce infra-sound or kill birds. Has it not occurred to you guys that the engineering solutions to the issues that Trump alleges, are trivial.

Remember Trump also suggested stopping hurricanes with nukes. I wouldn't give credence to any of the ideas that pop into his head, but, then again, I usually reason things out rather than letting it just wash over me like a Sharknado plot.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The difference is Trump knew him decades ago as they ran in the same billionaire circle and then removed all ties with him a long time ago, hence only pictures of them together are when they were much younger. As for Harvey, the Liberal elites were most likely still hanging with him a week before he was up on charges...lol

The events for which Epstein was convicted, were from decades ago, dating from 2005, 2008, 2009, 2014 and 2015. And this video is from 1990. However, there are also photographs and videos that date from much more recently showing Trump's association to Epstein.

From February 2000 at Mar a Lago. Trump, Melania, Epstien, Ghislane, and Prince Andrew:

From 2016:

It is clear that Trump maintained a friendly association with Epstein and his 'crowd' during the times when Epstein was committing his crimes.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The point is we do not have to have the government KILL the coal industry, let it die on it's own, slowly. Jobs are still viable.
And conversely, lets not have our government inappropriately prop up any alternative energy industry, whether it be solindra or some windmill company... let them develop naturally, become economically sustainable on their own.

Let the free market take it's course here.

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: neformore

The Fanta Menace has never had a firm grasp of reality.

Of your distorted reality perhaps. He has a firm grasp of my reality though which is why he is so popular and is going to be re-elected.

We’re in no disagreement you inhabit your own reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join