It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don Quixote

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

There is an old Chinese curse that says "may you live in interesting times" - and yep, we certainly do.

He is actually funny when he is on a roll at his events. It seems he plays around a lot in a mockery type performance that turns something that would be dead boring into a fun event. I think that is a good reason he brings in big crowds while people like Sanders, Biden and Warren are snooze feasts.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
a reply to: chr0naut

Then you have all the knowledge to start your own windmill company and rock the world.

Ah yes, but I would have to make the sales for it to be viable and with idiots broadcasting absolutely untrue negative information about wind power, and the fact that one has to invest in it to take advantage of it, I wouldn't get the sales or uptake.

Not only that, I'd have to compete with other companies who already provide wind power generation infrastructure for off the grid homes.

Here's some of the science. Please compare the costs of coal and oil generation, with wind:

Cost of electricity by source
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trump is owned. A puppet of the swamp he is failing to drain.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: CitizenZero
I find his mistakes and gaffes refreshing because that's all the past presidents could do—talk. They were experts at speaking. But they've never built or led anything more than their political careers.

Trump invests in established real estate. That is different from an architect or builder.

The fact that he can't seem to design a simple and effective low cost wall might give you pause to think.

Why would the president personally design the wall? Like you said, he's not an architect. And it's already being built. The Dems are stonewalling him on funding so they can get more voters in from south of the border.

ETA: Wall Progress

No, he got the money enough for several years work, last year after the government shutdown. Still has hardly anything to show for it.

Amount built 93 miles. $11.8 billion dollars set aside for it. Trump has said his target is for 450-500 miles built by the end of next year. What do you think?

Meh, I hope he gets there. At least he's making some progress. At least he's actually trying to fulfill his campaign promises in whatever ways he can. It's hard to say the same for most past presidents regardless of political party

He's burning your cash.

Imagine that country A wanted to screw with country B. And country B is trying to be fair and even handed and so it allows all sorts of opinions to thrive.

So, country A sows just enough disruption into country B to cause it to fail in so many little things, but not big enough to cause a response.

Perhaps they flood the media with contradictory information and wild allegations?

Wouldn't the traitorous leader be surrounded by known agents of the other country?

Perhaps he'd be romantically involved with someone from the other country?

Perhaps he'd have big business contributors and sponsors that he'd strenuously deny?

Perhaps he'd not regard the laws and rules of his country too highly and would treat himself as if he were above their laws?

Nah, that could never happen.

Perhaps actual evidence of wrong doing would be in order.

Trump's budget officials ordered the Pentagon to deny Ukraine aid 90 minutes after Ukraine call, new documents found - Business Insider

And of all the ways the government burns our cash, I'd hardly consider border security one of them. Hell Hillary Clinton just "lost" $6 billion. Poof.

Trump just lost 11.8 billion, he wins!

Jesus, you people are nuts. No quid pro quo. Literally everyone has backed that up except for people who claimed to have heard from people who heard from other people that used to be the roommate of other people that assumed whatever the hell it is you want to pin on him. Ad nauseum. You're shooting yourselves in the foot.

God damn I'm so glad I left the Democratic party at this point.

How could there be no quid pro quo? He suspended $400 million dollars in military aid in a time of war. Even a slight slowdown in payments exposes the Ukraine to defeat by Russia.

It was clearly premeditated as means of gaining leverage and shows that Trump is working to the advantage of the country....

.... of Russia.

What advantage was there to the US (militarily or economically) of suspending military aid to the Ukraine? Why did Trump do that?

What reasons did Trump actually give? Are they valid and could he have been motivated differently than he admits?

edit on 25/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Oh, and in case you forgot...
Not to mention Ukraine got the aid before any investigation happened...

For someone talking about burning tax dollars, you sure are harsh on not giving it to another country immediately.

That was not what happened. The aid was military aid it was required to be able to arm and defend the Ukraine against Russia. If it is suspended and then resumed then the Ukraine's warfighting capability is impacted.

And while Ukrainian military spend (3.7% of their GDP) is impacted, Russia continues to spend big on military infrastructure:

Russi an Armed Forces' New Weapons Share to Grow to 68% by End of 2019 - Defenсe Minister - Sputnik

And, lest you assume that Trump's actions are all some consequence-less political game:

Casualties of the Ukrainian crisis

Quid-Pro-Quo!

edit on 25/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Did not argue about coal, oil or Trump at all.

The topic between us two was windmills from the beginning. You made a silly claim, I correct you, back and forth to you calling me an idiot.

You just want to refuse admitting that your silly claim is not based on science or knowledge about energy management and power grids. You try to shift the goal posts to oil, coal and Trump.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Then you have all the knowledge to start your own windmill company and rock the world.

Here's some of the science. Please compare the costs of coal and oil generation, with wind:

Sure looks like wind is pricier than most options, especially offshore wind...

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Mostly water though. You make a fool out of yourself because you refuse to understand what was written by me and others.

No, the foolishness is the assumption that the mechanical capability to pump water is somehow vastly different than the mechanical ability to generate electricity.

Power = Work / Time. One horsepower of mechanical energy = 750 Watts.

A generator turned by the wind is exactly as efficient as the same generator turned by fossil fuels. One has exhaust, the other doesn't.

The "incredible fumes" that would be created in the production of wind generators are much less than for for fossil fueled generators, and the fossil fueled ones continue to produce "incredible fumes" in perpetuity.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose

Sure looks like wind is pricier than most options, especially offshore wind...

Onshore wind is less than half of the cheapest coal cost. Remember also that there are onshore areas around large lakes as well as the sea shore. It doesn't make economic sense to support an expensive and dirty power generation when cheaper cleaner options exist.

And wind generation doesn't produce any particulates (which are classified as Group 1 carcinogens by both IARC and the WHO).

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Did not argue about coal, oil or Trump at all.

The topic between us two was windmills from the beginning. You made a silly claim, I correct you, back and forth to you calling me an idiot.

You just want to refuse admitting that your silly claim is not based on science or knowledge about energy management and power grids. You try to shift the goal posts to oil, coal and Trump.

I didn't call you an idiot. You clearly are not.

The OP contained a YouTube video of Trump denigrating wind power and suggesting that constructing windmills created "incredible fumes", among other things. It is part of his series of "windmill sounds cause cancer" and "beautiful, clean, coal" that seems to be his ongoing barrage of obviously idiotic crap.

I was not off topic in referring to those things.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

The OP contained a YouTube video of Trump denigrating wind power and suggesting that constructing windmills created "incredible fumes", among other things. It is part of his series of "windmill sounds cause cancer" and "beautiful, clean, coal" that seems to be his ongoing barrage of obviously idiotic crap.

I did, and take heart because you aren't off topic. Its just that people try and pull away from the topic in all different kinds of directions because they don't have considered arguments.

Bear in mind, however that you are conversing with people who clearly didn't watch the video, because anyone who did that has a modicum of intelligence would see that was what being said was a pile of horse crap.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

No windmills are bad because once they start turning they burn more fossil fuels than coal burning plants, the velocity they spin at creats immigration 10x the amount we've seen before, if we reduced wind farming, illegal immigration would also reduce exponentially.

It's a no sum game.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Bear in mind, however that you are conversing with people who clearly didn't watch the video, because anyone who did that has a modicum of intelligence would see that was what being said was a pile of horse crap.

LOL!!!! Oh that's pricelessly adorable. "Anyone who doesn't take the same message away from this video as I do is an unintelligent prat." masquerading as allegedly intelligent political commentary. Oh Nef, you always did know how to brighten my day with a gut laugh and here we are, the day after Christmas and still giving me gifts.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If the cap fits.....

How about, instead of pretending that you aren't having a good old cosmic bitch about the thread, you maybe address some of the issues in the video?

Show me a day without wind in the USA.
Show me how electricity cannot be transferred across country by a transmission grid
Show me how a wind turbine causes cancer.
Show me how a coal fired power plant doesn't pollute its immediate environment and have a massive effect on wildlife.

Lets have a proper discussion about it, based on actual fact and science, instead of the usual #ty rhetoric.

Discussion is what this site used to be about before it got dragged down by pseudo political bull#.

I'm all ears. Put your brain into gear. Show me how the Orange Messiah is right. It can't be that hard for you, can it?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

My first reply to you in this thread links to an article which scientifically explains why he's not wrong, Einstein. www.abovetopsecret.com... Jesus man, at least try to read people's posts before you accuse them of not posting what they posted. It's like trying to explain the latest electronic gadgetry to a senile elder anymore.

How about we try something new? Perhaps we can discuss things intelligently and without so much venom from you if we make an agreement moving forward. You try posting something absent insults like "orange messiah" or "all who don't see it as I do lack a modicum of intelligence" and perhaps quit waxing poetic over the "oldern days" of ATS (poetry which, frankly, is 100% nostaligia driven and seen through rose colored, sorry... you didn't understand that I meant coloured glasses and reflects a false memory of a site which has always been chock full of political BS) and I won't point out the fact that your breath reeks of sour grapes and your attitude is a knee slapper of a joke. Think you can do that, "All who don't see it my way are unintelligent," or have we allowed our hate to burrow deep enough into our brain that it's now impossible for rational thoughts to generate from the brain? Has your globalist political Alzheimers gotten too deep for you to practice such a high level of self control? Hmm?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

How could there be no quid pro quo? He suspended $400 million dollars in military aid in a time of war. Even a slight slowdown in payments exposes the Ukraine to defeat by Russia.

It was clearly premeditated as means of gaining leverage and shows that Trump is working to the advantage of the country....

We all know there was quid pro quo, there always is... Biden's threat to with hold not 400 mil but a BILLION was no different.

We also know the call was not perfect...OK

Finally we know that Trump needs to defend himself even taking a crap or eating two scoops of ice cream, hopefully not at the same time though.

When he says no quid pro quo it is 100% directed towards the claims he did it for personal gains and to say the call was perfect is just Trump in how he describes just about everything.

In the end he was within his Presidential rights to do it all with none of it illegal in any sense of the word. For you to say "oh poor Ukraine, Russia almost took them out due to Trump" is about as disingenuous as one can get. Was there one life lost, was there any changes at all in Russia's posturing in all this, did Ukraine leadership even blink an eye of concern...lol

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Heres a link to a website for you
www.energy.gov...

Now....

Show me a day without wind in the USA.
Show me how electricity cannot be transferred across country by a transmission grid
Show me how a wind turbine causes cancer.
Show me how a coal fired power plant doesn't pollute its immediate environment and have a massive effect on wildlife worse than a wind turbine.

Still waiting for these answers...not covered in your original reply at all, otherwise I wouldn't have raised them. All these have been claimed by Mr.Trump.

BTW, you do seem to take criticism of him rather personally.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Foreign policy is up to the President dumb dumb.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Cancer...
windwisefairhaven.wordpress.com...

In medical terms, genotoxins are separated into three main groups: carcinogens, mutagens, and teratogens, i.e. those that cause cancer, genetic mutations, or birth defects, respectively. Prolonged exposure to LFN, however, is known to cause all three. Castello Branco and Alves Pereira found increased incidence of auto-immune diseases such as Lupus, as well as malignant tumors, late-onset epilepsy, squamous cell carcinomas in the respiratory tract, heart disease and breathing disorders among their study group over the course of 10 years. They also found vitiligo (loss of skin pigmentation) and a host of neurological disorders such as vertigo (dizziness), nausea, disequilibrium (loss of balance), depression, diminished cognitive capability and archaic palmo-mental reflex. The latter, sometimes referred to as the Snout Reflex, is considered by neurologists to be a clear sign of underlying brain damage.

A day without wind...
Of course there's somewhere in the US which is going to have wind on any given day. Trump's point is that stability and reliability matter, as does consistancy. Show me a coal fire power plant and I will show you a system which is easily regulated to ensure the power desired is consistently produced based on how much coal is applied within the system. I can guarantee you 2,460 kWh of electricity per ton of coal burned. We can generate 680 kWh of electricity per day with a 2 MW wind turbine so long as the wind remains optimal for all 24 hours of the day (for a large generator, optimum is 50 MPH... and they shut down at 55 MPH to avoid overspin which will explode the turbine. show me somewhere in the US that maintains 50 MPH wind for 24 hours without gusts over 55 and not dropping below 45 MPH. It's a big place, take all the time you need to find that sweet spot, please.)

Transmission grids:
We already have them here, but newsflash to the scientifically uneducated; electricity suffers losses the more lines it has to travel through Energy is constantly lost regardless of the system, it's why there is no such beast as a perpetual motion machine. Transmission cables have material specific resistances, which means the further you have to transport that electricity, the more of it is lost to the resistance of the lines carrying it. This is why most generator plants are located in areas where the power need already exists.

Coal fire pollution:
Did I say a coal fire plant was pollution free? I don't think anyone did, I didn't, Trump didn't... Where TF did you get such an uneducated position from? This world is all about cost-benefit analysis because, like or don't like it, don't really care, money makes the world go around. We're not retarded enough as a society yet to waste all of our money on things that don't make dollars or sense. Related to this... science.unctv.org...

Ironically, many industrial-scale wind turbines require an electric 'kick-start' to begin turning. That’s what overcomes the inertia of getting the blades to start turning.

You might think that once the blades are turning, electricity is being generated.

But that’s not quite true, because the blades aren’t turning fast enough.

Most electric generation technologies that don't rely on on-demand fuel consumption *in other words ALL alternative electricity applications, including wind power) rely on batteries to store power generated. Those are usually lithium ion batteries. www.industryweek.com...

Just to build each car battery—weighing upwards of 500 kilograms (1,100 pounds) in size for sport-utility vehicles—would emit up to 74% more C02 than producing an efficient conventional car if it's made in a factory powered by fossil fuels in a place like Germany, according to Berylls' findings.

So, we can institute clean coal technology, which can reduce emissions by as much as 90%... or we can travel down the road of ridiculousness and use technologies that rely on batteries that produce a carbon footprint 70%+ greater than non-clean coal technologies are producing.

BTW, you do seem to take criticism of him rather personally.

I do not suffer fools easily. Take that as it was meant, please. On topics such as this, when I see someone trying to flex on a topic their knowledge clearly is muted on, and all they're able to do is parrot the narrative their plasticine globalist gods have demanded they parrot, I take it as an insult to the common sense and intelligence of humanity in general. I'm no fan of the clear dumbing down of society, rapidly accelerating towards an Orwellian dystopia filled with dense parrots who feel the perpetual need to conduct their daily 5 minutes of hate against the Emanuel Goldstein Trump has become to the radical Left and those dependent on the radical Left for their daily bread.

By the way, how was Christmas? Ours was wonderful!

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

We all know there was quid pro quo, there always is... Biden's threat to with hold not 400 mil but a BILLION was no different.

We also know the call was not perfect...OK

Finally we know that Trump needs to defend himself even taking a crap or eating two scoops of ice cream, hopefully not at the same time though.

When he says no quid pro quo it is 100% directed towards the claims he did it for personal gains and to say the call was perfect is just Trump in how he describes just about everything.

In the end he was within his Presidential rights to do it all with none of it illegal in any sense of the word. For you to say "oh poor Ukraine, Russia almost took them out due to Trump" is about as disingenuous as one can get. Was there one life lost, was there any changes at all in Russia's posturing in all this, did Ukraine leadership even blink an eye of concern...lol

Can you conceive that inability to purchase and supply militarily does not have an instantaneous effect but that the ongoing effect of deficit against a superior provisioned enemy will fairly inevitably result in a high probability of defeat?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
Foreign policy is up to the President dumb dumb.

The President's powers in regard to foreign policy are subject to both the advice and consent of the Senate.

Congress also sets budget in regard to foreign and military spend and are the only authority who can declare war (neither the President, the Senate, nor the Judiciary can declare war). Also, Congress regulate commerce with foreign nations.

The President is not an emperor with supreme powers.

edit on 26/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join