It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don Quixote

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

That would be like the keys to the patent office.

Got to wonder what they have tucked away in all those black budget projects?

Tell you this "they" are not designing $10,000 toilet seats. LoL
edit on 24-12-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

a reply to: neo96

a reply to: Oleandra88

Its almost as if this didn't exist....

en.wikipedia.org...

Its almost as if this didn't exist....

hint.fm...

It seems to be a certainty that this doesn't exist in the case of several people posting in this thread who think wind power isn't viable.

en.wikipedia.org...

Still, I guess you are concerned about wind turbine noise cancer, and the fumes from them there blades eh? They're so bad. I mean, imagine the fumes from...I dunno....a coal or oil or gas fired power plant,

en.wikipedia.org...
www.ucsusa.org...

Or the huge damage that can be caused by a nuclear reactor accident.

en.wikipedia.org...

Bit of an effect on property values with that last one as well eh? Of course, we all want to live next to a coal burning power station...no land value issues there either...right?

I mean...think of how many bald eagles they won't kill at all....

Have you ever heard of the expression "cutting off your nose to spite your face" ?

I get it, I really do. The Orange-u-Tan speaks, and spoon feeds you his warm diarrhea, and you lap it all up from the trough grateful for sustenance.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: neformore

I applaud your efforts, but it's a lot like showing card tricks to a dog isn't i?

Aye.

And then it goes and has a dump in its own back yard.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I did not say wood and cloth would do nothing, don't be dense. We're not exactly talking about trying to light a single bulb, we're talking about replacing as much electric generation with wind or solar as possible... to do that you can't use wood and cloth windmills.

Regardless, to date the world has managed to replace 2% of fossil fuel generated power with "renewable" sourced power generation... at a cost of $2 Trillion. That 2% was the lowest hanging fruit, meaning the costs will get higher and higher to replace subsequent percentages of global power generation with renewables. That's a steep price tag for something based on hopes and dreams and little more than mass hysteria guilt.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Those hopes and dreams may be all you have should your nation fail to get her act together and the oil and other fossil fuels run out.

So about 50 years for the US to stop being dense. x

My own nation is not that much better and we have all the wind and wave resources one could ever wish for.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Get over yourself. You act like I was some huge proponent of alternate energies prior to Donald Trump rising to the presidency. If anyone is having their strings pulled and acting like a puppet here, it's those who knee jerk to the point where every goddamned post they make, including their first post in months, is little more than triggered horsecrap about the singular target of their blind hatred. Your perspective is showing, but it takes a magnifying glass to see it.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

www.cnsnews.com...

Low side estimates have us fully powered for another 90 years, high side estimates push that out to a couple hundred years. money.cnn.com...
There was a brilliance in tapping foreign oil sources for most of our needs over the past century... it has left the US with an ocean of oil sitting just underneath our country.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The point being it's going to run out, 50 years, 100 years, it matters not.

A viable means of generating power will have to be devised and sooner rather than later.

Given the increase in future demand.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

A viable means of generating power will have to be devised and sooner rather than later.

I've been hearing this for the entire 4 decades I've been on this planet and, to be blunt, it seems to be BS. Adjusting for inflation, gas prices have been among the least changing prices in the US for decades outside of spikes related to war, embargoes, or disasters... if oil was that rare and running out, then the prices would be climbing constantly. Price increases outside the US are almost entirely comprised of government added taxes and fees whereas the base price of crude has always trended towards equilibrium over the long run.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

A whole 4 decades, case closed then.

It's not just the oil its the demand for energy.

Oil and gas, even nuclear fission, canny cut the mustard about 2 decades down the line, short of building a power plant in every town and city on the planet.

Progress has its price, and it not just in cash monies.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It Already Exists . Cold Fusion , but the Public is Not ready for it yet . More Profits Need to be Made First .....

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

First of all, the price of gas has remained close to static when considering inflation for much longer than I've been alive. That said, 40 years of doomsaying with a total absence of resulting doom is a fairly decent sample size.

It takes 2,000 large size wind turbines to equal the energy output of a single mid sized nuclear generation plant. You know not of what you speak. Most nuclear power plants have more than one reactor on site. Presently, 20% of the nation's electricity comes from 58 plants operating 96 reactors. France is the largest user of nuclear power and receives about 75% of their electricity from nuclear... for the US to do the same, and assuming 2 reactors per plant, we would need 122 additional plants. The USA has 3,000+ cities over 10,000 residents. 122/3000 = 4%. As in 4% of US cities would need to allocate locations to construct nuclear plants.

Math and science are your friends in educational discussions such as this, hyperbole and emotional drivel is not.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Get over yourself. You act like I was some huge proponent of alternate energies prior to Donald Trump rising to the presidency. If anyone is having their strings pulled and acting like a puppet here, it's those who knee jerk to the point where every goddamned post they make, including their first post in months, is little more than triggered horsecrap about the singular target of their blind hatred. Your perspective is showing, but it takes a magnifying glass to see it.

....and breathe.

I know you're simple in your views.

Its why an idiot like Trump appeals to you. Its why, when someone challenges your paradigm you decide to go on the attack as per the above.

You not being a proponent of alternate energies for whatever length of time isn't the issue here.

What matters is what the President of the United States says, how he acts and how he conducts himself generally, because sadly idiots hang on his every word.

So when he speaks like a five year old (whats with that slurred, erratic speech structure anyway? Has he had a stroke?), acts like a five year old (those faces he pulls...just adds to his stupidity) and is paid off by the coal lobby to spout complete and utter bull...... well, that's a concern for future generations.

PS - Yes, I hate the guy with a passion. Gold star for you in noticing that. That isn't really news here is it? You can, I know, trace back my extensive posting history on the issue. He's a moron. So thanks for checking in on the number of posts I've done, but I don't need to "get over myself"

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Serious question, which view is actually the "simple" one? Is it the view which stems from a mind so open the brain has long ago dropped from the brain pan and skittered across the floor to make room for whatever progressive slogan-du-jour is currently all the rage? The mind which views things so simplistically and with such a lack of nuance and a dearth of profundity that criticism of the policies of an African American President are deflected and met with base accusations of racism due to the fact the brain is incapable of venturing beyond the left-leaning media's narratives? Or is the simple view the one that leans on generations of tradition, knowledge, and common sense to actually see through the narrative's BS while recognizing there's no value in change purely for the sake of change but instead requires some measure of cost/benefit analysis results prior to accepting and supporting those changes?

Trump appeals to me because he entered the race saying the same things I was saying. I'm not a shallow bigot, so I'm able to focus on the message rather than getting hung up on the speech patterns of the messenger or (even more bigot-like) the messenger's appearance or facial expressions.

You're right, idiots do hang on Trump's every word... and they're quick to get triggered and go to websites to share their idiotic outrage over those words, often perverting them into whatever their establishment-approved narrative calls on them to be perverted into.

You've seen me when I am "on the attack" enough to know that I'm sitting here half bemused, entirely relaxed. I have zero reason to be anything but relaxed and amusing myself because I'm looking at a crystal ball that indicates an impeachment that will go nowhere fast, a second term, and very possibly another flipping of the House. The foreign opinion of my country's president means about as much to me as a smear of dog crap on my boot... wipe it off in the grass, go about my day, who gives a rat's hairy ass?

I seem to recall a time when you railed against any form of hate... Look at you now, self admittedly consumed by the very emotion you once dedicated yourself to criticizing in others. The worm, it seems, has turned.

Regardless, have a blessed and merry Christmas, Nef. Try to derail the hate train for at least a day or two and see how liberating it is to live a life absent of hatred.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

How he acts is wholly irrelevant. What he does and achieves is what matters. Rubber meeting the road. Ive happily worked for many effective assholes in my life. And quite a few ineffective nice people. The former keeps me eating. The latter does not.

So he makes faces. I quit caring about that nonsense in 7th grade.

edit on 12/24/2019 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I think the only reason you posted this is so you could call
Trump an idiot. Either way the thread puts you in a glass house
with a bucket of rocks.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Serious question, which view is actually the "simple" one?

I'd say it was the one that flies in the face of the opinion of the rest of the world when it comes to alternate energies and climate science. The anti intellectual. The dumb as a box of rocks view that says 'I don't give a rats ass about....'

Thats the simple one.

Is it the view which stems from a mind so open the brain has long ago dropped from the brain pan and skittered across the floor to make room for whatever progressive slogan-du-jour is currently all the rage? The mind which views things so simplistically and with such a lack of nuance and a dearth of profundity that criticism of the policies of an African American President are deflected and met with base accusations of racism due to the fact the brain is incapable of venturing beyond the left-leaning media's narratives?

Of course no one hated him because of the colour of his skin. No. No one. It was all about his policies. For sure. Regardless, he is irrelevant now. Gone into history - except in the minds of those who are so fixated that after three years of him not being in the Whitehouse, they still feel the irresistible need to bring him up in a discussion that has nothing to do with him or hi spolicies.

Or is the simple view the one that leans on generations of tradition, knowledge, and common sense to actually see through the narrative's BS while recognizing there's no value in change purely for the sake of change but instead requires some measure of cost/benefit analysis results prior to accepting and supporting those changes?

There is no financial sense in sitting fiddling while the planet burns.

Trump appeals to me because he entered the race saying the same things I was saying. I'm not a shallow bigot, so I'm able to focus on the message rather than getting hung up on the speech patterns of the messenger or (even more bigot-like) the messenger's appearance or facial expressions.

Yeah, right. Of course. As much as it pains me to drag up the past, Hilary was ill, right? And Pelosi...shes a drunk, right? And oh wait..... Tan suit.

You're right, idiots do hang on Trump's every word... and they're quick to get triggered and go to websites to share their idiotic outrage over those words, often perverting them into whatever their establishment-approved narrative calls on them to be perverted into.

Except...wait... did you watch the video? Did you actually even see the crap he was saying? You didn't, did you? You really did not. No rational person can watch that and think "yeah, this guy makes sense". And oh.... you used 'triggered'. Well, that puts me in my place doesn't it?

You've seen me when I am "on the attack" enough to know that I'm sitting here half bemused, entirely relaxed. I have zero reason to be anything but relaxed and amusing myself because I'm looking at a crystal ball that indicates an impeachment that will go nowhere fast, a second term, and very possibly another flipping of the House. The foreign opinion of my country's president means about as much to me as a smear of dog crap on my boot... wipe it off in the grass, go about my day, who gives a rat's hairy ass?

Except that's not true. You cannot stand the fact that someone is calling out the bull# of your tangerine messiah. Your eyes are twitching and you are having a private bitch about the thread.

I seem to recall a time when you railed against any form of hate... Look at you now, self admittedly consumed by the very emotion you once dedicated yourself to criticizing in others. The worm, it seems, has turned.

I hate stupid. I've always hated stupid. I'm tired of it. The current rise of anti-intellectual America is an insult to all the great accomplishments of the past. What is being promoted in that video is the epitome of stupid, and it needs to be called out.

Regardless, have a blessed and merry Christmas, Nef. Try to derail the hate train for at least a day or two and see how liberating it is to live a life absent of hatred.

ROFLMAO.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You don't care about the conduct of your President?

Really?

I remember when the office of the President of the USA used to mean something.

I used to love that. The gravitas of it all.

I wonder....do you care about science maybe? About facts? Maybe about the future?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

I think the only reason you posted this is so you could call
Trump an idiot. Either way the thread puts you in a glass house
with a bucket of rocks.

I don't need to call him an idiot (although he is one). The video speaks for itself.

You are right about the house though. Not sure all the windows are put through yet.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ah, I love 2019... elitist asshole continues to be mislabeled as "intellectual." Also loving the fool's position of "this doesn't gel with the opinion of the world's majority." That and a buck fifty may buy you a cup of tea... the world's majority has often been wrong, a position I've noticed you should be quite familiar with.

Look Nef, have a merry Christmas. Seriously, enjoy celebrating the birth of the Lord and Savior. I hope you find the peace that's clearly eluding you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join