It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don Quixote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

We have a windmill visible from our town (on a hill overlooking the sea) it turns slowly so that it doesn't affect any birds, is totally silent, even in the strongest winds, and it makes its owners money pretty much for just the initial investment.

Just saying, Trump wouldn't know the truth if it impeached him.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I only clicked in this thread because I once lived on a Don Quixote street.

Should have stayed away.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

He's not wrong.
economics21.org...
Wind power is a fool's errand on anything beyond individual unit scale.

You can make a windmill out of wood and cloth sails. Once it is turning, it is just as efficient as anything else that can turn a generator.

If your design is reasonably good, it just generates power, which we all pay a lot for, from wind, which we don't pay for at all.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
I don't normally do mud pit threads but.....

Yep. Everyones favourite tangerine spewing bull about wind power. You have to wonder how much the coal lobby is paying him.

There is an old Chinese curse that says "may you live in interesting times" - and yep, we certainly do.

Sadly this video misses the bit where he goes on to say that when the wind dies down you lose power and can't watch him on TV, but yep. he said that too.

This idiot has 4,018 nuclear weapons (approx) at his disposal....

You Have To Admit Though that He IS More Entertaining than say ANY LOSER DEM Who would Even DARE to Run Against Him in 2020 ,but What you Unfortunately See , Is What You Just Unfortunately GET ..............Just Gonna HAVE TO DEAL With It SONNY . WE THE PEOPLE See it Differently..............

edit on 23-12-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenZero
I find his mistakes and gaffes refreshing because that's all the past presidents could do—talk. They were experts at speaking. But they've never built or led anything more than their political careers.

Obama could talk for two hours and not say a thing.

Trump tweets something in under 144 characters and people scream for a week.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

He's not wrong.
economics21.org...

You can make a windmill out of wood and cloth sails. Once it is turning, it is just as efficient as anything else that can turn a generator.

If your design is reasonably good, it just generates power, which we all pay a lot for, from wind, which we don't pay for at all.

May I inject because I work in the energy sector, looking at data and figuring out the best ways so the grid is staying stable.

That is all nice and good on a individual scale, like the poster you answer to wrote. But if you do not want the grid to collapse every time the wind settles, you need stable base loads.

We are buffering this by running a stable base load on coal and nuclear power plants. Then we have gas plants that can jump in relative fast. Solar power input is a leading factor.

Wind turbines: we shut them off in the first order. They are unreliable. Then solar power is regulated down but most often and this has to do with the price of the single energy sources, it is not and a gas plant is powered down. Or we know the upcoming load.

Pump storage water power plants are on call 24/7 to feather huge grid loads, when we know they will happen beforehand. The water that is pumped up and stored is pumped up during the night or during phases where energy prices go negative.

That means we get money for pumping water around that we later use to discard it down the hill to generate power that we in turn sell to you (the customer).

"we" as in, the energy distribution sector / business
edit on 23-12-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I find his mistakes and gaffes refreshing because that's all the past presidents could do—talk. They were experts at speaking. But they've never built or led anything more than their political careers.

Trump invests in established real estate. That is different from an architect or builder.

The fact that he can't seem to design a simple and effective low cost wall might give you pause to think.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Trump invests in established real estate. That is different from an architect or builder.

The fact that he can't seem to design a simple and effective low cost wall might give you pause to think.

Why would the president personally design the wall? Like you said, he's not an architect. And it's already being built. The Dems are stonewalling him on funding so they can get more voters in from south of the border.

ETA: Wall Progress
edit on 23-12-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88

He's not wrong.
economics21.org...

May I inject because I work in the energy sector, looking at data and figuring out the best ways so the grid is staying stable.

That is all nice and good on a individual scale, like the poster you answer to wrote. But if you do not want the grid to collapse every time the wind settles, you need stable base loads.

We are buffering this by running a stable base load on coal and nuclear power plants. Then we have gas plants that can jump in relative fast. Solar power input is a leading factor.

Wind turbines: we shut them off in the first order. They are unreliable. Then solar power is regulated down but most often and this has to do with the price of the single energy sources, it is not and a gas plant is powered down. Or we know the upcoming load.

Pump storage water power plants are on call 24/7 to feather huge grid loads, when we know they will happen beforehand. The water that is pumped up and stored is pumped up during the night or during phases where energy prices go negative.

That means we get money for pumping water around that we later use to discard it down the hill to generate power that we in turn sell to you (the customer).

"we" as in, the energy distribution sector / business

Storage has always been a problem. But tidal forces such as wind and water, alongside hydro and geothermal are all relatively perpetual.

If the intent was there we could have all sorts of energy storage that would be effective. The thing is it take a little investment and power companies would rather upfront profit. So they stay with 80 year old and relatively dirty technology because who care what the future holds.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Why would the president personally design the wall? Like you said, he's not an architect. And it's already being built. The Dems are stonewalling him on funding so they can get more voters in from south of the border.

No, he got the money enough for several years work, last year after the government shutdown. Still has hardly anything to show for it.

Amount built 93 miles. $11.8 billion dollars set aside for it. Trump has said his target is for 450-500 miles built by the end of next year. What do you think?
edit on 23/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Wind is not reliable. There is a reason my country just cut every wind related subsidies and will start to tear down around 26 000 wind turbines starting 2020.

Because they have turned out to be uneconomic and worthless in the bigger scale.

Energy storage is coming and is already implemented. Just not the things you may think they are used. I know of a few battery systems in the hundred kilowatt range that are only used to feather loads.

Things that take up tremendous amounts of energy in a short time like lasers, electric x-rays and steel melting.

Currently Lithium-Iron-Phosphat has turned out to be the ones that end-consumers can use the best. RedoxFlowBatteries are for the bigger ones. We are getting there in Europe slowly.

It would be excellent if we all could use alternative energy sources like solar and wind, tidal forces and running water to fill up the accumulators and never have to worry again.

This dream is not going to be cheap but can be achieved.

Here a small example about the solar photovoltaic system I inherited:
The system is 29 kWp. This year I put around tenfold the energy into the public grid than I needed myself. The battery system that can take the whole premise off the grid and into island mode so fast that even the computers do not turn off it it happens.

Over the whole year, 89% of the time I was supplied by the sun/the battery system. The 11% in difference come from a little mishap last winter that sucked the battery empty over night, regularly, so I needed power from the grid in the early morning hours. The modules itself, resources and energy consumption during production was nullified long ago.

Photovoltaik in combination with a good battery system is one of the best ways to get off the grid and green energy for families and individuals if you do not happen to have a fast flowing river nearby.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

No, he got the money enough for several years work, last year after the government shutdown. Still has hardly anything to show for it.

Amount built 93 miles. $11.8 billion dollars set aside for it. Trump has said his target is for 450-500 miles built by the end of next year. What do you think?

Meh, I hope he gets there. At least he's making some progress. At least he's actually trying to fulfill his campaign promises in whatever ways he can. It's hard to say the same for most past presidents regardless of political party

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Somebody should come up with a Windturbine that Vapes and watch Forest crap a big orange brick.

Plus it will give him something to tilt his lance at.

edit on 23-12-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

He's not wrong.
economics21.org...

You also have to consider the fabrication of the generator and the batteries to store that generated power. Also, no... a wood and cloth windmill will not generate the same power as an engineered high tower windmill. Physics is a thing, you realize. You can't aerodynamically design wood and cloth, you can aerodynamically design plastics, maleable metals, and fabricated materials.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Obama could talk for two hours and not say a thing.

Trump tweets something in under 144 characters and people scream for a week.

Obama read aloud the words decided upon and typed out by others and his simplistic supplicants swooned. The simplistic supplicants read aloud the words Donald J Trump himself decided upon and typed out and they lose their cranial bowels.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Meh, I hope he gets there. At least he's making some progress. At least he's actually trying to fulfill his campaign promises in whatever ways he can. It's hard to say the same for most past presidents regardless of political party

He's burning your cash.

Imagine that country A wanted to screw with country B. And country B is trying to be fair and even handed and so it allows all sorts of opinions to thrive.

So, country A sows just enough disruption into country B to cause it to fail in so many little things, but not big enough to cause a response.

Perhaps they flood the media with contradictory information and wild allegations?

Wouldn't the traitorous leader be surrounded by known agents of the other country?

Perhaps he'd be romantically involved with someone from the other country?

Perhaps he'd have big business contributors and sponsors that he'd strenuously deny?

Perhaps he'd not regard the laws and rules of his country too highly and would treat himself as if he were above their laws?

Nah, that could never happen.

edit on 23/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I agree. I learned the efficiency in a moving system is greatly determined by bearing losses and drag forces. This is why it is so important to get the correct oil for transmissions.

A wooden windmill with wooden bearings would have a very low efficiency factor. Even lower because the generator has to be on the ground and has to be turned through a drive shaft with a 90° angle in between. With additional gearing.

Because chr0naut forgets that the turn rate and momentum is important too, not just that it turns somehow.

Sorry@ chr0naut to handle it like that, can not find that message to quote.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

We have a windmill visible from our town (on a hill overlooking the sea) it turns slowly so that it doesn't affect any birds, is totally silent, even in the strongest winds, and it makes its owners money pretty much for just the initial investment.

Just saying, Trump wouldn't know the truth if it impeached him.

Ok. One windmill . Count em .....one
What does the company do ?
What does the windmill do ?
How much energy (if that is what it does) does it manufacture .
I know of only one place that is totally green and off a power grid.
A datacenter out west (US) , yet it is solar.
But , there are a hades of a lot of solar panels just to do it.

So just because you say that the one windmill at one location , in a large world , is efficient does not make it so.
You have to put some facts in there.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

He's burning your cash.

Imagine that country A wanted to screw with country B. And country B is trying to be fair and even handed and so it allows all sorts of opinions to thrive.

So, country A sows just enough disruption into country B to cause it to fail in so many little things, but not big enough to cause a response.

Perhaps they flood the media with contradictory information and wild allegations?

Wouldn't the traitorous leader be surrounded by known agents of the other country?

Perhaps he'd be romantically involved with someone from the other country?

Perhaps he'd have big business contributors and sponsors that he'd strenuously deny?

Perhaps he'd not regard the laws and rules of his country too highly and would treat himself as if he were above their laws?

Nah, that could never happen.

Perhaps actual evidence of wrong doing would be in order.

And of all the ways the government burns our cash, I'd hardly consider border security one of them. Hell Hillary Clinton just "lost" $6 billion. Poof.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So...global warming is caused by a delusional old Spaniard with a moronic side kick.
Let me get Thunberg on the phone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join