It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Your Tickets....This Could Become The 'Never-Ending-Impeachment-Circus Show'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well, The Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, wanted to “show the power of the gavel” and the power hungry windbag did just that.

“If I did nothing else, he saw the power of the gavel there,” Pelosi told the AP.

Now, Pelosi is using the Articles Of Impeachment as leverage; as a negotiating tactic. The House is trying to tell the Senate how to do it's business, by forcing the Senate to call witnesses and run a "fair" and "impartial" trial. Even though she's on Christmas break, she apparently has time to taunt the President.

The Senate isn't obligated to let Pelosi's "managers" know anything, because the Senate has sole power over the upcoming impeachment trial. Nancy is just grandstanding and Democrats could care less, even though one of their own impeachment witnesses, Harvard legal scholar Noah Feldman stated, “Trump could legitimately say that he wasn’t truly impeached at all.”

Pelosi isn't stupid and knows full well this impeachment will fizzle and die in the Senate. She knows her current position of withholding the articles of impeachment is untenable, and probably knew all along that there was no evidence of "high crimes and misdemeanors" to charge Trump with. But it never really mattered to the Dems. Why? Because this impeachment was nothing more than an orchestrated smear campaign, designed to hurt Trump's electability in 2020. Has it worked out for the Dems? I think not.

On the morning of President Trump’s likely impeachment in the House of Representatives, Gallup released a poll showing a six-point jump in the president’s approval rating.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

From CNN On Dec 22:

Analysis: Trump is gaining ground heading into 2020

Meanwhile, the impeachment of Trump doesn't seem to be making much of an impact on the polls.

www.cnn.com...

However, the Democrats will never accept defeat. Hell no. Even though they're withholding the articles of impeachment, they're licking their chops, hoping "to recommend new articles of impeachment.” They plan on running this 'Never-Ending-Impeachment-Circus Show' as long as possible, perhaps right up to the 2020 election and beyond if Trump gets re-elected.

The House Judiciary Committee told a federal appeals court Monday that it still wants former White House counsel Don McGahn to testify as it could potentially lead to the introduction of “additional articles of impeachment” against President Donald Trump over his contacts with Ukraine.

“If McGahn’s testimony produces new evidence supporting the conclusion that President Trump committed impeachable offenses that are not covered by the Articles approved by the House, the Committee will proceed accordingly—including, if necessary, by considering whether to recommend new articles of impeachment,” the brief reads.

www.breitbart.com... m_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29

You would think that clearer heads would prevail in the Democratic Party. Oops...me bad. There are some who think that Trump will bring Putin into The White House, if he's not removed from office.

Yep Maxine, that'll work...if the impeachment farce doesn't work, lets start talking again about Russia's influence over President Trump. Um, the American people didn't buy that before, so why will they buy that crock of BS now??

The Democrats will continue to focus on their hate and lies, and they will utilize their propaganda machine (MSM) to spread their message. They'll find ways to bring up more crap on Trump, right up to the 2020 election. That's all they have. Their candidates for President are weak and they're all laughing stocks. Will the Democrats ever become reasonable again? This journalist nails it:

Here’s what the Democrats should do. They should get this impeachment idiocy behind them and never speak of it again. They should start pretending to be reasonable, especially on popular things like infrastructure and non-crazy health care reform, even if Trump gets some credit for them. And they should stop calling normal Americans “racist.”

When you decide your opponent is evil, and that his supporters are likewise evil, you kind of limit your ability to pretend to be reasonable and compromise. You commit yourself to a fight to the death inside the Octagon. And that’s a fight that the data show they are not winning.

townhall.com...

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Exactly what negative did the President have to endure in this showing of "the power of the gavel?" His numbers are up, the economy continues to boom, he's still POTUS, and the Senate isn't going to entertain this ridiculous BS the House Dems patted themselves on the back over. LMAO, talk about a toothless power display!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I doubt she'll even remember this tweet...

I did what? What is a tweet?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Are there no balls left in the white house..
Someone need to stop this woman, does she have ultimate power and is untouchable ?
Does the president not have the power to clear her office and put her on the streets

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Are there no balls left in the white house..
Someone need to stop this woman, does she have ultimate power and is untouchable ?
Does the president not have the power to clear her office and put her on the streets

Why though? She's the best free compaigning help Donald Trump could ask for. I mean that, her little stunts combined with her overall unlikability are leading directly to Trump being reelected in a snoozer of a 2020 election.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Do these people want to be dragged out of the house by FORCE? Because this is how that happens.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How do Democrats not see that Nancy Pelosi costs them votes every time she opens her big mouth. She and Biden are ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
But..but..I had rather have a speeding ticket than a ticket to this.

Thanks a lot Nancy.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Republicans have to follow the rules, Democrats don't. What part of that don't conservatives understand, what part of that don't the citizens of this country understand, The Democratic politicians are actually saying they can do anything and the people cannot do anything. I see a lot of new regulations and rules being forced on the public in the near future if the Democratic politicians hold any power. They think they can do anything they want even if it takes away everyone's personal rights. People following these progressive Democratic leaders cannot comprehend that this is leading to a loss of our rights in this country, the only ones who will have rights to do anything, including protesting, will be the Democratic leadership.

I have read about this kind of thing in history and it never came out good. Resistance to their actions will lead to investigations by law enforcement and reconditioning like they have in China.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider My opinion is, it would only add oil to the fire and make the followers scream injustice/abuse of power.

With such a person/crowd in opposition, it is better you have them weening in security and keep them close.

This way you can keep tabs on them.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
History is a cruel record and portrait.......

edit on 23-12-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Pelosi called Trump an 'imposter'.

If people really want to talk about BIAS.

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Sorry Nancy.....but using the courts to fight undue process is not phony.

If it was, the courts would have tossed his cases.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yeah, but you guys frequently said she was delaying, and that it wouldn't happen.

Then, it did, and before Christmas.

Now, six days after the impeachment, once again you are saying she is delaying and it won't happen.

Wake up and smell the covfefe!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is nothing more than political manuevering, she knows what she is doing, these kinds of things are easy to BS your way with because they think the American people don't know any better.

Trump and the GOP will respond accordingly.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Soon, Pelosi will experience what REAL POWER can do!

Edit to add: Meanwhile, Adam Schiff is LOSING IT.
townhall.com... 2
edit on 12/23/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

We didn't think it would happen because it has literally handed the election to the man she supposedly despises and wants out of his office. Ask yourself why the president goaded, begged her even, to impeach him.
I don't think you realize the simple fact that we *want* a Senate trial. That trial will effectively throw the remaining fistfulls of dirt on the Democrats' 2020 effort casket. Without the trial, the Dems *might* actually hold onto the House... with the trial, likely not.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Scary. Maxine has a room temp I.Q., and Nancy should have been put out to pasture long ago.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I don’t know what it did either. My Tweets still go through to the President and about 25-30 people read it. Even when I just shoot him over a meme I made to share.

edit on 23-12-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I Predict Nancy Croaks Herself in Order to Save FACE here . Its the ONLY Unhonourable Thing to Do here for a Deranged Liberal Leftist Democrat IMO .......... Hmm....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join