It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 charts and maps that show the world is getting much, much better

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ok, folks do a lot of downer stuff. They say how the world is coming to and end, how things are bad, etc.

That is wrong. In the spirit of the holidays - here is a bunch of reasons why things are better. If you want to disagree: well, you are a crabby patty. If you don't like progress, stay behind and complain. I love that our earth, humans, and relations are getting better.

newswww.vox.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KrankBruder
That is nice and all, now tell that to the children that are still starving, their world is not better.

Those numbers look good though. If you take a closer look at how the statistics are drawn up, it gives the impression they had to use a few tricks to make the lines look more appealing.

0%-25% spread on a single visualized data point?
What about inflation of the dollar? 1.90$ bought you more back then than today.

All these things make the graphs look suspicious, without looking to much into it.

In the end I agree, it is good to hear things are getting better, overall. We could be much faster too, if not for our constant wars.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

I n the end I agree, it is good to hear things are getting better, overall. We could be much faster too, if not for our constant wars.

Agreed. Even though I was one, I think we should stop training soldiers and start training negotiators, people who love humanity, and love our environment.

Mean people are mean, they use the tactics of soldiers, will not negotiate, hate other humans, and wreak the earth. I was one, and I am ashamed of what I did. Get right with yourself, and things will go better for everyone.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrankBruder
If you want to disagree: well, you are a crabby patty. If you don't like progress, stay behind and complain.

If I disagree with you, I'm some pessimistic name. If I disagree, I don't like progress.

Sorry but that's not how the world works.

top topics

join