It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shower Epiphany

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Electricity?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlasphymy

That's a start.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yeah, I know.
I need to take a shower.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

Hold my joint.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have had similar moments on the toilet.

Just got to learn to just let it go...water under a bridge...it did not hit fan or blow a blood vessel while trying to seize the moment.
edit on 23-12-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlasphymy

Instead what if we took the responsibility of being available mentally or physically for the other who is in need?

I agree with this but sometimes the responsibility of being available either mentally or physically for those experiencing broken times involves the responsibility of helping others wisely and not enabling their self destructive behaviour on a continual basis.

Now before you say I shouldn’t judge self destructive behaviour.. if I am to be responsible in helping I must try and discern the best way of helping before it is too late to help.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
I completely agree. Common sense and judgement must be made... My feeling is that of people more willing to write someone off more quickly than putting forth effort and time to help.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlasphymy
I completely agree. Common sense and judgement must be made... My feeling is that of people more willing to write someone off more quickly than putting forth effort and time to help.

Sometimes people don’t want help, and it can be an exercise in patience as you continue to care for them with hope that they will perhaps turn a new corner. But I guess in the long run letting people know you care despite whatever choices they make is by far the more loving approach.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

My actions coming from a loving, potentially beneficially state of being are just that and that only. They aren't a cure all or hopeful cure all but simply a path or choice the other may choose to follow. If one lives in mindfulness, the best action for that individual can be taken, wherever their intentions may lie... But the actions of my own will still be just that, a potential choice. Lessons will still be learned either in patience, continued diligence or affirmation. I can continue to suffer and feel unwanted and rejected because no one wants to take advantage of opportunities I have tried to give or I can continue with my choices because they align with myself and the life I want to live and share with others.

To let others reactions dictate my own I think is the problem. People can get discouraged very easily, especially if ones heart and entire being are placed in actions which are disregarded.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

In this very moment, there exist the possibility for you, me and everyone to put a stop to and end our suffering. You must with your entire being remain mindful in this moment and make the choice to be, act and think with your heart and entire being. That simple choice will end suffering.

Thoughts?

Beautiful thought and an idealism that would be wonderful to see come to fruition. But alas, we are human, and even the kindest of humans, at times without realizing, hurt others. The best we can ask for is the grace to forgive others and continue trying our best to be mindful and kind in the moment.

Also, as humans, we have different perspectives on people’s problems, and what is the best way to help them... so it could get confusing reaching your Utopia.

The op is about ending your suffering..... not others.
If you are suffering because you feel that others are suffering then it is still you suffering.

Find the one that is suffering.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

In this very moment, there exist the possibility for you, me and everyone to put a stop to and end our suffering. You must with your entire being remain mindful in this moment and make the choice to be, act and think with your heart and entire being. That simple choice will end suffering.

Thoughts?

Yes we could all die at any time.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: Sheye

Thoughts?

Beautiful thought and an idealism that would be wonderful to see come to fruition. But alas, we are human, and even the kindest of humans, at times without realizing, hurt others. The best we can ask for is the grace to forgive others and continue trying our best to be mindful and kind in the moment.

Also, as humans, we have different perspectives on people’s problems, and what is the best way to help them... so it could get confusing reaching your Utopia.

The op is about ending your suffering..... not others.
If you are suffering because you feel that others are suffering then it is still you suffering.

Find the one that is suffering.

Actually, I think you miss read the OP.. here it is again..and it refers to “our”..

Merry Christmas.
edit on 25-12-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yes, the Buddha said that the source of all suffering is desire. Eliminate desire, take yourself out of the equation, become enlightened, and your suffering will vanish. But human nature is to fluctuate between the boredom of security and the thrilling risk of excitement. If a person doesn't immerse themselves in both, then they're not living life to the fullest, and they might as well just die.

Enlightenment / Nirvana might free you from the tormenting cycle of reincarnation, but where's the fun in that?

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Yes, the Buddha said that the source of all suffering is desire. Eliminate desire, take yourself out of the equation, become enlightened, and your suffering will vanish.

Suffering does not end..... but 'your' suffering does..... when 'you' are taken out of the equation!

Oh and no one becomes enlightened.... there is only the ever present, ever changing, light show.
edit on 30-12-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join