It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would YOU have done???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I knew who they belonged to I would tell them:

That's all anybody could ask and you just saved yourself from a
possible shet storm that some maniac might unleash on your ass.
Even if the dog is attacking members of your place that's defense.
But for rooting in your trash? That's just cold.
edit on 23-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Would you shoot your neighbours dog for ripping into your trash, if yes then you're a lowlife, but I know a good Christian like you would never do such a thing so no need to go there.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Gonna have to have a pen if you wanna keep a wolf dog that's a
known fact.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Shoot someone's pet for going through the trash is the work of a low life peice of #. I don't have much more to say than that, lowlife POS.

Take responsibility for your animals. You are the low life POS for letting them roam on other people’s property. You don’t have the right to visit your lack of responsibility on others. It figures you think other people should be responsible for your crap.

I have no doubt you would shoot your neighbours kids if they got onto your property, go take some Prozac or something..

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Look, I got 7 foot high fence to keep my dogs in, my 15 year old used to be quite the jumper.
Neighbors with a family or 3 don't actively manage physical security so their 6 dogs get out sometimes & roam.
My trash cans sit outside the fence. They like my trash because we have a lot of smelly waste.
Neighbors know we gotta put up with their dogs.
They put up a parallel fence inside our shared fence line because one of their dogs got thru the fence & got attacked. Later that pup had a heart attack stuck in their side of the fence being confronted by my dogs, but couldn't get to her to leave any mark.
I make allowances for our dogs, wired the trash cans to fence, fill them only pickup day, put boxes on top to keep dogs out.
SO no I wouldn't shoot anybody's dogs for messing with the trash... I might shoot to make a noise since there's no ordinances out here. It works with skunks 'cause disposal is a stinky affair - I'd rather scare 'em off.
NOW If it were a matter of the dogs (OR livestock) being attacked that is an entirely different matter. Bang.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

I knew who they belonged to I would tell them:

That's all anybody could ask and you just saved yourself from a
possible shet storm that some maniac might unleash on your ass.
Even if the dog is attacking members of your place that's defense.
But for rooting in your trash? That's just cold.

If it has happened multiple times and continues to happen after informing the dog's owner, the solution to the problem is to eliminate the problem, which means the dog. I would not have sent to collar to the neighbor out of spite, however. The dog would just have disappeared.

Of course, I am speaking of living in the country. You have 10 acres? Keep your damned dogs on those 10 acres. They get in my trash. Your ass comes and cleans it up or the dog gets shot next time.
edit on 23-12-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If there are laws saying that your dog needs to be chained up and your dog goes onto the neighbors land and kills their chickens, the neighbor should have the right to shoot the dog. I would not feel hate or disgust for the neighbor if something like that happened and it was my dog. Now, ripping open their garbage, not a reason to kill the dog, the neighbor should have called and told them to clean up his garbage their dog just ripped up.

The neighbor should have called in the police and filed charges. A few fines later and maybe they would be good neighbors to their neighbor. I would not want the neighbors dog ripping up my garbage, but I would call them and complain when it did, I did that more than once, the neighbors did listen and learn. If they would have ignored me, I would have called the county Sheriff and had them visit them. A part wolf dog is intimidating and territorial, if you try chasing it away, it will often hold it's ground, I know a few people who have or had them. Nice dog, just don't mess with them unless you have a gun. Good dog to have around a farm to ward off theives and salesmen.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I live out in the country. Animals stray. Almost every day I have a cow, usually a bunch of cows, horses, a donkey, a mule, goats, even turkeys, have wandered onto my property. I take my neighbors dogs home on a regular basis. Unfortunately, mine rarely go to the neighbors, so it isn't that easy for me.

My property is laughingly call "The Sanctuary", because all the animals bypass 6 or seven other properties to come and hang out on mine.

I have never hurt any of those animals. I have never blamed them for leaving their property, and I understand that these things happen when you have animals. Fences don't always contain all animals, for a variety of reasons. It is not always because the owner is irresponsible or negligent. Animals can be a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

Killing an animal that strays onto your property that is not trying to do you harm is just wrong. If the dog was violent, I would be saying something different. Getting into the trash, is no excuse for shooting the dog. Shooting the dog was a message to the owner, and I hope and pray that I never have a neighbor that nasty, that vile, that cowardly. But then neighbor is not an accurate name for him, he is just the creature that lives next door.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

My whole family would be over your house picking
up that trash probably mow your lawn and pull weeds
too. So just in case it happened again you'd know we would
make it right and then some. Just don't shoot my dog
unless you feel threatened by a Dachshund?
edit on 23-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids
You sound so tough threatening to kill a whole family over the internet. You really impressed me, especially that anger management of yours.

Yes, please put up that sign, can I take your word for that one?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Would you shoot your neighbours dog for ripping into your trash, if yes then you're a lowlife, but I know a good Christian like you would never do such a thing so no need to go there.

If I lived in the country, my neighbor refused to control his dogs after my having asked him to multiple times, and I felt genuinely threatened by them so that I could not stop them myself ... I would eventually shoot his dogs.

Maybe you don't get it, but animal control doesn't generally get out into the country. Most rural folks have a gun and are expected to take care of nuisance animals themselves.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Gonna have to have a pen if you wanna keep a wolf dog that's a
known fact.

Was the dog in the OP a wolfdog???

Gee, yes it was! Was it in a pen?

Gee, no it wasn't. How about that?

Are you arguing with yourself????

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If I lived in the country, my neighbor refused to control his dogs after my having asked him to multiple times, and I felt genuinely threatened by them so that I could not stop them myself ... I would eventually shoot his dogs.

Maybe you don't get it, but animal control doesn't generally get out into the country. Most rural folks have a gun and are expected to take care of nuisance animals themselves.

That's a lot of " If's". The dog was was less than 12 months old, the owner never received a phone call, this could well have been the first time the dog got into the garbage, going by the owners testimony the dog was a sweetheart.

Maybe you don't get it shooting the dog was a lowlife act.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Oh, we have animal control in the country big time. There are so many agencies that will get into your business when it comes to animals, whether it is a dog, livestock, or wildlife. Farm animals are under close scrutiny, and animal control they just love getting calls from disgruntled neighbors.
edit on 23-12-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I've always tied cans to a pole and strapped the lids down where they can't be gotten in to when I kept a trash can.
I don't like a trash can because of maggots. Now all table scraps go to the dogs and cats. Cats will eat anything from green beans to left over Turkey carcass.

With very little food in the garbage it doesn't smell unless the kids sneak something in there. I have scooped a half a pan full of pinto beans out of the trash and give it to the cats so the garbage don't stink, yelling, "don't throw food in the trash when we have hungry animals".

Since the trash don't stink I keep it in the garage until trash day. I've never had an issue with dogs getting into my trash ever. Maybe once if the kids didn't fasten the lid down right.

I have had an issue with my dogs getting into other peoples trash to the point where I was ready to kill them myself. When they dig out I'm the joker who has to fix the hole for the umpeenth time only to see a new hole by morning.
I put up a 6 ft stretch of 110V over one hole under the fence once and soon as the lights were turned out we heard the yap yap yap yap yap yap yap.

The dog would actually wait until the lights went out to make his escape.
Next morning he had a new hole in the next section of fence over just like dozens and dozens of times before.

It can be darn near impossible to keep dogs in a fence 100% of the time. Sometimes you have to wonder if having dogs is even worth it. But they love you the same yesterday today and forever so you hang on to em a little longer.

The easiest thing for me is to simply not have trash that dogs can get into. If an unwanted dog comes in my yard the most he'll get is a light pop with a BB gun not fully pumped up. Why? Because some pet owner will be on my steps wanting to kill me if I dare harm their pet.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Wow...I suspected this thread might generate some spirited commentary, but I had no idea it would degenerate so quickly into murdering men, women and children, and relatives, and burning houses down!!!

Holy cow!!

Again, just keep your dogs under control and everything will be fine. Let them run out of control onto property other than your own and expect trouble. Some may want to start a "war" over their dog, but I would caution against that mentality. Pretty good chance the guy who shot your dog on his property...didn't use his last round doing it! Trust me when I say most folks last round won't be used on a dog, not by a long shot...and there's a whole lot of rounds between their last dog and the one they save for themselves.

Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

And, it's patently obvious YOU, like everyone else here (myself included), don't know the WHOLE story!

We only know what was presented, once again, by the MSM!

Feeling manipulated now?????

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I found it unbelievable too that people can get away with such comments.

Admitted, in this circumstance with the trash cans and no reported lifestock, no reported attack, there was a right that was exercised, was justified before law to be exercised, but could have been managed differently.

But I was not there so who am I to judge? In the end the one that made the decision also has to know for themselves if it was justified killing a being in that circumstance or not.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

And, it's patently obvious YOU, like everyone else here (myself included), don't know the WHOLE story!

We only know what was presented, once again, by the MSM!

Feeling manipulated now?????

Granted, we don't know both sides of the story, we can only speculate on what we do know, I don't feel manipulated because I'm well aware media rarely provides all the facts. So I'm simply having a conversation based on the facts we do have and I still think it's an act of a lowlife POS.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I asked what you thought, and you provided your opinion.

Thank you for that. (seriously, I mean that).

edit on 12/23/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join