It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AID Money for Ukraine was Ordered to be Frozen 90 mins After Call

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Oblique9043
I thought the Aid was the carrot Trump was holding over their head? Are you suggesting that the Aid was frozen regardless of compliance? Wheres the gotcha moment?

The idea is that Trump leveraged Ukraine support with US Aid moneys, but now you are saying a Compliant Ukraine had Aid withheld. You've done it, I am completely stumped

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Oblique9043

First of all, in order for it to have become "quid pro quo" the Ukrainians would have to be told so... But they didn't know...

Ukraine Didn’t Realize U.S. Withheld Aid Until One Month After Trump Call: Report

If the Ukrainians weren't even told about the withholding of these funds, it proves it wasn't "quid pro quo."

END OF STORY...

We even have the transcript of the call as the transcribers remember what they heard... So to prove your false claim you should post evidence from the transcript call... NOT ONE of you whom keep making these false accusations have posted actual evidence from the transcript that "quid pro quo occurred..."

Your own witnesses all had to admit THERE IS NO EVIDENCE of quid pro quo, bribery, corruption, etc. So why is it that members like you keep on going with this lie?

Instead people like yourself want to ignore the REAL corruption, and the REAL "quid pro quo" made by Joe Biden. Joe Biden did demand the former Ukrainian administration that if they didn't fire the prosecutor that was going to investigate Hunter Biden and his involvement into the corruption of Burisma holdings,, he wasn't going to release over a billion U.S.D. to Ukraine... That is a real corruption/quid pro quo which to this day people/members like you want to ignore and instead you want to claim President Trump did it,when there is no evidence corroborating your claim...

Here is the actual problem which many of you want to ignore. Ukraine has been a corrupt country for a long time, and it has been policy to deny funds to nations that are corrupt. That was the reason why "the Office of Management and Budget" froze those funds... it wasn't "because of quid pro quo..."

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

The aid for several countries was withheld while U.S. officials ascertained if they used the money for intended purposes, and wasn't "laundered" to non-intended destinations. Some $$$ is still frozen for different countries. It's all a part of what candidate Trump campaigned on...not handing out U.S. taxpayer dollars to corrupt leaders.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think he waited 89 minutes too long. These things take time though.
I still do not understand how Our president asking any leader of any government to investigate anyone can be considered illegal. When Billions or our $$$ are at stake, I support that whole heartedly. Quid Pro Joe is NOT the Democratic Presidential Nominee, He is just an average Joe like you or me with lofty goals. This all smells like something rotten

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oblique9043
Theres no denying that Trump did this to hold out for the quid pro quo. He only released the money after he found out he was busted. How can any of you deny this? What other reason is there? The mental gymnastics ought to be gold medal worthy in here.

Trump's budget officials ordered the Pentagon to deny Ukraine aid 90 minutes after Ukraine call, new documents found

Officials in the Office of Management and Budget reportedly began ordering the Pentagon to freeze aid agreements to Ukraine around 90 minutes after President Donald Trump's July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

The order to freeze aid was revealed in a new trove of documents that were released by a court in response to a FOIA lawsuit after the impeachment vote, detailing an email sent shortly after the call in which OMB official Mike Duffey ordered Pentagon officials to not install new defense aid obligations.

A couple of flaws in your argument...

It takes a party of at least 2 for a quid pro quo to exist...The folks in Ukraine knew nothing of a quid pro quo so it couldn't have existed...

Secondly, so what if there was a quid pro quo...It's not only not illegal, it's perfectly normal...It's one party saying, 'if you do this for mei, I'll do that for you'...OR, 'if you don't do this, I won't do that'...

All Presidents, Congress people and car salesmen do it all the time...

Where you're flopping around like a fish out of water is that you want to believe the (non) quid pro quo took place to damage one of Trump's political opponents...But you dishonest Democrats know just as well as we do that the 2020 election had nothing to do with withholding the money or the investigation...

It had to do with billions of dollars given to Ukraine thru the corrupt State Dept. that can't be accounted for...It has to do with Americans involved in the financial corruption taking place in Ukraine...

The fact that Joe Biden and his son Hunter seem to be tied directly to this corruption is not a reason to halt the investigation...It sounds like the DOJ and the Ukraine counter part are closing in on that corruption and it's not looking good for Joe and Hunter...And other politicians in the U.S....

So if Joe and Hunter get indicted for corruption in Ukraine, does that vindicate Trump...Does that throw his impeachment out the window???

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

And thats literally the difference here 1 asked for an investigation into corruption the other got rid of an investigator looking into his son's company...

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

You mean one asked for an announcement about an investigation on corruption and withheld financial and military aid to get it.
The other with the backing of our government not a secret, with the backing of the EU still not a secret said remove the corruption that is not investigating corruption.

Yeah everyone sees the difference.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

First of all, in order for it to have become "quid pro quo" the Ukrainians would have to be told so... But they didn't know.

Utter bull crap.
They knew, they asked about it.
Zelinskis staff was calling Laura Cooper at the defense department asking about it within minutes of hanging up the phone from the questionable call from trump.
No pressure??? The hell there wasnt. They felt immediate pressure. The calls are on record. No one can say it didn't happen.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Why do you guys keep spreading this lie?
More bullschitte. They had already looked into it. They had already approved the money.
This is a lie. The issue of corruption had been settled. There was none. Stop with the damn lies already.
Just one more lie in the tens of thousands he has told to the american people.

Transparent my ass.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrankBruder
a reply to: network dude

Does it matter?

Do you really think the Ukraine didn't know they were being "shaken down?"

My son is 17. He has to bring the car home by 11:00 pm each night. One night he brought it back at 12:30, so I grounded him from the car for a week.

That was a few months ago. Last weekend he brought the car home at about 11:05. I let it slide.

See, he technically broke the rules both times, but 5 minutes late was not enough for a grounding.

I see this as the same thing with Trump. The Senate has to decide if what he did was bad enough to remove from office.

What do you think? It is pretty obvious he was running a quid pro quo, or New York "Do us a favor" shakedown.

Either way, it is not in our wheelhouse anymore. The system will run it's course.

If course it matters!
Unless it doesn't fit your narrative...
We ALL see the games being played with The American People's lives and monies. Do you not think we don't see conservative after conservative being prosecuted while liberals are found to not have ill "intent".
We are tired of the double standards. Trump did NOTHING wrong as found in the transcript and in Songlands on words,in what he was told DIRECTLY from the President. Now, would you like to discuss Biden and what he has admitted to doing?
edit on 12/24/2019 by Martin75 because: Trump 2020

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Ha ha, what has Biden admitted to doing? What crime did he confess to? Please do inform us all.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
More bullschitte. They had already looked into it. They had already approved the money.
This is a lie. The issue of corruption had been settled. There was none. Stop with the damn lies already.

Transparent my ass.

The money was approved based on the previous administration not the new incoming President Zelensky who was planning on replacing many in the previous administration.

Quite obviously, the April 21 call of congratulations made, also gave our President pause on whether this new government in Ukraine will follow through on rooting out corruption in Ukraine.

Trump was smart in holding lethal aid until the new government was also approved and sincere to do what they promised in their campaigning. That is what one expects from the President.

If Zelensky turned out to have been an ogliarch puppet of corruption and Trump just willy nilly handed over the aid without consideration, Dems would be decrying that it was due to Russian collusion on Trump's part. They would be demanding to know why too?

Transparency? What is transparent is that the Dems are solely focused on anything to Impeach Trump and tarnish the 2020 elections.

edit on 12 24 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123
There is a reason I dont respond to most of your posts to me. This is why.

Yeah, if I was constantly posting my personally opinions as fact and getting called out on it, I'd probably avoid responding to those calling me out too.

Merry Christmas Silly! Enjoy your temporary hope-filled delay before the Senate acquits, Trump is re-elected, the Rs retake the House in a landslide making the R landslide of 1994 look paltry, and gain Senate seats.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Really? Are you sure? Can you link to where/how it was approved, and by who?

Settled... by who?

Ok, a serious question... I googled as much as I could and cannot find a definitive answer...

Much has been made about how this aid was already approved by Congress.

My question is, when? When was the act of Congress enacted that provides this aid and where is the text of the bill?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
The money was approved based on the previous administration not the new incoming President Zelensky who was planning on replacing many in the previous administration.

I'm very interested in the actual evidence of this... do you have any links?

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I'm very interested in the actual evidence of this... do you have any links?

On March 29, 2019, OMB posted its implementation report, which includes an assessment of 22 agencies that have some role in implementing foreign assistance.  The report is useful in that it reminded agencies of their FATAA obligations and, for those whom have fallen short, there are renewed commitments to publish the required data quarterly

Much more specific details here as well why OMB fails to provide Congress with timely and accurate reporting

Check out the link above...a lot of eye opening details that proves Trump has always been looking out for our nation's best interests.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You mean to tell me President Trump may have withheld aid money to another nation (which we don’t even have to give anyone) In order to leverage (politics) U.S interestss in order to find out wherher or not an American Vice President used his position and Aid money as leverage to protect his criminal sons (private) interests?

Biden literally admitted to using U.S aid for leverage in a personal family interest and that’s “ok”.

But when Trump “may” have used U.S aid for leverage in uncovering CRIMINAL activity by U.S officials abroad it’s bad?

I’m sorry but U.S interest are the only reason we should be giving aid regardless. It should Always be used to leverage our interests, if not then we shouldn’t be giving anyone aid if it doesn’t benefit us in some way. It should not be used to leverage private criminal interests which Biden admitted to.

What does it matter if Biden is his future potential political opposition? he didn’t launch a blanket probe into everything Biden is doing like the Obama administration literally did against Trump. He looked I to a specific issue which BIden himself admitted to.

I guess because he’s his potential opposition we should just let the criminal activity slide?

Lunacy.
edit on 24-12-2019 by C0le because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: C0le

Why doesn't trump have his own DOJ investigate this?

I know why. Just checking to see if you do also.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KrankBruder

No it wasn't!!

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

a reply to: C0le

Why doesn't trump have his own DOJ investigate this?

I know why. Just checking to see if you do also.

I see what you’re getting at.

But for one the DOJ has no real jurisdiction in Ukraine so they could only investigate on our end anyway. The rest would be at Ukraines leisure. Additionally looking at the recent history of federal investigation resources of late they may be tainted by Obama administration leftovers. Additionally theres not much to investigate anyway. Biden laid it out himself. The rest would be on Ukraine’s end to find out what his strong arming them may have a influenced them to do for his personal interests.

Look people can spin this situation to their hearts content. Ill be the first to say I’m no fan of Trump, he’s not the president I wanted. However taking a step back and looking at this whole situation Trump “may” have used this for personal interest, or he as he says he did it for the countries interests because a former Vice President admitted on video he bribed Ukraine to fire the prosecutor going after his son. We can’t ignor this fact just because it may also benefit Trump and he’s the bad orange man.

At the end of the day we don’t owe Ukraine a dime. It’s Aid and it is in fact in our countries interest to find out where our former Vice President used our money to get his son out of trouble. There are too many politicians using there positions for personal gain instead of the countries interests which is why their $175,000 a year salary some how turns into hundreds of millions in net worth.

People can speculate and assume Trumps motives in this issue all they want. You don’t have to speculate Biden’s because he admitted it.

How about we go after the real bad guys here and not just the guy we dislike politically?
edit on 24-12-2019 by C0le because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join