It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AID Money for Ukraine was Ordered to be Frozen 90 mins After Call

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Oblique9043
Hope this helps clear things up for you!

townhall.com...

From the article: Ukraine wasn't the only country that had aid withheld why a review was ongoing. According to Hale, Lebanon, Pakistan and the Northern Triangle countries were facing similar scrutiny.

When will the Articles fly for Lebanon, Pakistan, and the others?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: KrankBruder
a reply to: Fools

Do you have any evidence that the President witheld aid in order to recruit the President of Ukraine into a shceme to help Trump win the 2020 election?

Of course I have no evidence. I am a regular guy. But I did listen to most of the testimony in the House, and it seems to me most folks agree what Trump was trying to do: Get Ukraine to have an announcement that they were starting an investigation into Biden, who is Trump's rival. As a fair-minded guy, it looks to me like Trump did that. I am bringing up the point that the Senate must decide if that is enough to remove from office.

The witnesses were speculating. When asked if they had any first hand knowledge or any evidence they said 'No.'.
You were convinced by hand picked witnesses in a partisan House Democrat process. You have the right to hold your opinion, but that is not evidence of anywrong doing and not grounds for removal of a President.

Your OP adds nothing to the determination of Trump's motives, which are the very thing that he has been impeached for - motive - with no evidence of that motive. These are points that the Senate Republcians will make - rightly so - and the House Republicans DID make.

NPCs are never aware of these little facts since CNN didn't tell them....

link   

No news here. Senate will Acquit and continue Making America Even Greater.

link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
Hope this helps clear things up for you!

townhall.com...

From the article: Ukraine wasn't the only country that had aid withheld why a review was ongoing. According to Hale, Lebanon, Pakistan and the Northern Triangle countries were facing similar scrutiny.

When will the Articles fly for Lebanon, Pakistan, and the others?

Good find.

So now it is even more clear - the Democrats are using their media to try and mislead the American people again.
Not that surprising.

The opening paragraph in the OP looks even more pathetic than it did when it was posted! - although it's looking like the thread was a simple hit and run. I guess a few people will be fooled by it and that is usually the intent of propaganda.

edit on 23/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So, what should be done to Biden and Obama? Or was that not a crime Biden bragged that he committed with Obamas approval and blessing?

If Biden ever got into office, should he be impeached and removed the moment he set foot in office? Should he be imprisoned? Should Barack be put under house arrest now, or moved to Guantanamo?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
When 30% of the left thought Trump would be removed from office when impeached, don’t be surprised when they constantly have gotcha moments when they’re only serving nothingburgers.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Fools

Do you have any evidence that the President witheld aid in order to recruit the President of Ukraine into a shceme to help Trump win the 2020 election?

Of course I have no evidence. I am a regular guy. But I did listen to most of the testimony in the House, and it seems to me most folks agree what Trump was trying to do: Get Ukraine to have an announcement that they were starting an investigation into Biden, who is Trump's rival. As a fair-minded guy, it looks to me like Trump did that. I am bringing up the point that the Senate must decide if that is enough to remove from office.

(response to bolded text)
Really? Biden was his rival at that time? I guess the DNC has already chosen the only Democratic candidate for president then? If so, why are they still having primary debates?

The truth is, Biden is "a rival", not THE rival in the 2020 presidential elections. And, the investigation the Ukrainians were asked to reopen was for corruption in that country. A country well known for decades to be one of the top corrupt countries in the world. So, giving MY tax money to that country BETTER come with assurances it will not be used for corrupt purposes, or funneled back into the coffers of american politicians via questionable means (such as hiring a completely unqualified person to the BOD of the largest energy company in that country to appear only due to his last name).

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You should also read this, giving full power to POTUS to ask about corruption in Ukraine.

www.congress.gov...

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

edit on 23-12-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: Wrong info

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Exactly.... For this to be for Trump's benefit, he would need to know that Biden would be the Democrat primary winner.

Secondly, the alleged crime was already publicly known as even left wing media / Obama administration said it didn't look good long before Trump was even in office as one of the Democrat's own witnesses, Yovanovitch was prepped on how to answer for her confirmation hearing if the topic came up.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

He wasn’t a rival of anyone at the time. The call took place before he even announced he was running.

Not true - he announced he was running on 25th April 2019.
Not that it matters.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes, folks who are being bullied by the US and have to rely on them for further support are going to call out the person who can withhold the support?

Get real. We all know what was going down, how the Ukraine felt about it, and how they have to bow down to the US president to keep their country together.

It is sad, but bigger powers can make smaller counties tow the line, and drink the kool aid.

Look at what the Soviets did to Finland. Pretty much kept them on their knees for decades, jut Finland survived. I think the Ukraine has to do the same. Russia as a neighbor, and relying on the US and NATO to survive. Yeah, they are going to do any thing to keep their people whole.

You should try to look at the folks in the Ukraine as humans who can figure out what is going on, as rational people. They knew this was a "shake-down".

Back to my original premise - is it enough to remove Trump?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

He wasn’t a rival of anyone at the time. The call took place before he even announced he was running.

Not that it matters.

edit on 23-12-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: Bad info

link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Exactly.... For this to be for Trump's benefit, he would need to know that Biden would be the Democrat primary winner.

Secondly, the alleged crime was already publicly known as even left wing media / Obama administration said it didn't look good long before Trump was even in office as one of the Democrat's own witnesses, Yovanovitch was prepped on how to answer for her confirmation hearing if the topic came up.

I guess the main point is - there is no crime anyway.
To ensure objectivity, I can see one mistake Trump made. He did inform Congress that he was witholding the aid, but he never told them why. If he'd have just said at the time that he wants to be sure the new Ukranian Govt is not still corrupt, he'd be A OK.
That said, given he was also witholding from 3 other countries that have had issues with corruption he can point to that.

link   
a reply to: KrankBruder
No. Think of it as an HR problem; The current employees do not like the new boss' (foreign) policy.

Sucks to suck, maybe win an election then you get to make the decisions!

edit on 23-12-2019 by PurpleFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Not that it matters.

The Ukraine call was April 21st.

I thought it was July 25th?
The earlier call was on April 21st.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
UKTruth is correct.
edit on 23-12-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Source

The call was made on April 21, three months before their July 25 conversation, which sparked the House impeachment inquiry.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Yes, folks who are being bullied by the US and have to rely on them for further support are going to call out the person who can withhold the support?

Get real.We all know what was going down, how the Ukraine felt about it, and how they have to bow down to the US president to keep their country together.

It is sad, but bigger powers can make smaller counties tow the line, and drink the kool aid.

Look at what the Soviets did to Finland. Pretty much kept them on their knees for decades, jut Finland survived. I think the Ukraine has to do the same. Russia as a neighbor, and relying on the US and NATO to survive. Yeah, they are going to do any thing to keep their people whole.

You should try to look at the folks in the Ukraine as humans who can figure out what is going on, as rational people. They knew this was a "shake-down".

Back to my original premise - is it enough to remove Trump?

(response to bolded text)

No we do Not know. You suspect, you presume, and that is not fact. Reign in your "feelz" and think in proven facts not what you think" something means. Impeachment of a president should have a higher bar of proof than "feelz", presumptions, and suspicions.

Or the next Democratic president might suffer the same fate or being impeached because Zhe seemed mean and meant to do XYZ. With no proof that XYZ was even done.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Everyone knows what Trump was trying to do:Get Ukraine to announce a investigation for corruption of Joe Biden.

That is what this is all about.

Simple.

I am not going to insult all of the folks who are insulting me - childish.

But I can put our a question: Is what he did worthy of removal?

We can discuss that, but all of this other noise is silly - the Senate will resolve this in a few weeks, and it is up to them, their ideas about the constitution, power, and elections that will inform their choice.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join