It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troopers can't find gunman!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Reading the local paper I found on the front page;

All-points bulletin issued; relatives criticize police.
Police today issued an all-points bulletin for Scott Allen Woodring, who is now believed to have escaped his Fremont-area house before an attack by a state police armored vehicle likely set it on fire.

"On Tuesday, Woodring's family watched in horror as the home of the barricaded gunman exploded into flames and smoke,"

"A "percussion round", apparently fired by police from an armored vehicle intended to daze and disorient Woodring, flashed upon impact. The resulting fire was simular to federal agents' attack on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, texas, in 1993, when tear gas grenades apparently started a fire."

Heres the full story.

Not stated inthe paper, it is known locally that Woodring is a member of the militia here in Michigan. I wonder if thats why the troopers felt they needed an armored vehicle to catch him?

[Edited on 10-7-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
"To keep Woodring from sleeping during the standoff, authorities blared animal noises from an armored bus Monday night through the early morning hours Tuesday, Newaygo Police Officer Justin Visser said."
"They had frog noises and cow noises," said Visser, who was on duty 17 hours at the standoff. "There was just this loud ringing noise to keep him awake. 'Moo, ribbit, ribbit.' It was funny as heck."

Talk about the "Keystone Cops"!!! I can't believe that they would go as far as they did! Can you say, "Waco?"

join