It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

senator doug jones : the true depth of the impeachment farce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
hi - this is NOT an attack in mr jones - far from it but reactions to his perfectly rational statement show just what a face this impeachmen fiasco really is :

in summary - mr jones has gone " on record " to state that : [ my paraphrase ]

unless the evidence presented at an impeachment trail [ in the senate ] makes sense to him - he will vote to aquit

yeah - that sounds perfectly reasonable - but it has created a freaking crapstorm amongst his democrat associate - with vows to outst tim from his seat [ next election ]

my opinion - just WTF ??????????????

mr jones stance - SHOU;D be the stance of every seanator

dont get me started on the republican idiots threatening to vote aquit " what ever the evidence "

but hey - the democrats are going beserk - because one of thier own senators expects the evidence to show guilt - before he will convict

yup - thats the depths to which this has sunk

end /

appologies - this link - daily fail - is the only one i can access

source

quotes from mr jones [ for context ]

‘I'm trying to see if the dots get connected,’

‘If that is the case, then I think it's a serious matter. I think it's an impeachable matter.

‘But if these dots aren't connected and there are other explanations that I think are consistent with innocence, I will go that way too.

‘What I really want to see, though, is to fill in the gaps,’ .

‘There are gaps.’

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Says Jones is a moderate Democrat

Nuhh uhhh

Ain’t no moderate sane democrats if you’re in that party still you radicalised & extreme and turning a blank blind eye to massive treason & corruption
edit on 23-12-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Jones is a Senator who won his election by the skin of his teeth against a weirdo Republican opponent, Judge Roy Moore.

Jones is from Alabama a Republican stronghold.

He took the seat of Jeff Sessions and has only had 2 years in office, he has to run again because he finished Sessions term. He will fall short of the usual, get elected and by the end of term 2, from the upper middle class, a federally elected official becomes a mutli-millionaire. THE horrific result of no term limits for Congressmen and Senators, one of the USA's biggest mistakes and a shameful blight on the country.

It looks like Sessions may run for his old seat and he is loved in Alabama.

Jones will have to act like a Republican to win and even then with Sessions as his opponent may lose by the skin of his teeth this time. Worse yet for Jones is Mo Brooks (R) who is thinking of running for the office is well loved and respected in Alabama.

Jones will have to pretend he is conservative to win or he will lose by a huge margin.

And actually, yes, Jone's stance is THE ONLY rational and ethical one that every Senator should take.

edit on 12/23/19 by The2Billies because: addition format

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Representative Jeff Van Drew switched parties and became a Republican .

Maybe sanity is breaking out in the Democratic Party ?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well, I have to say I am proud of Senator Jones. I did not support him in the last election, but like I have done with every race where I backed the loser, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. The people of Alabama had spoken.

I still don't agree with every vote he makes, by a long shot. However, he does seem to be able to make his own mind up. Come November, I will be casting a vote for Alabama Senator. I will make my decision by then, but this is a gold star on the name of Doug Jones.

Had he come down on the side of impeachment at this time, he could have gone ahead and cleaned out his office. His response is statesman-esque and reasonable, though, exactly what we demand from our leaders.

Incidentally, my respect for Jeff Sessions has waned. That does not mean I will not be voting for him, but it does mean there's a black mark on him now for his impotent handling of the AG position. There are several other Republicans vying for the nomination, including, incidentally, Judge Roy Moore. I doubt I will vote for him this time around; he lost the last election to Jones by withdrawing into a shell right before the election. The commercials on election day were 20-1 in favor of Jones. Jones did not win as much as Moore lost, and I am not big on voting for proven losers.

If the race were today between Judge Roy Moore and Doug Jones, I would likely vote Jones.

If the race were today between Jeff Sessions and Doug Jones, I would consider it a toss-up.

Between Doug Jones and any other Republican running... well, we'll see.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

It is official; Sessions is running. He's got a couple of commercials he's airing about his history of support for Trump.

He's got a hard hill to climb this go-around. Where previously he was a guaranteed win, many look on him as a failure now and question how he could have undying support for Trump when Trump fired him.

My wife despises him now; I just want a reasonable explanation of what in the Holy Hell he thought he was doing.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Well, I have to say I am proud of Senator Jones.

Not sure why. This is obviously just pandering to increase his chances for re-election.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

a reply to: The2Billies

It is official; Sessions is running. He's got a couple of commercials he's airing about his history of support for Trump.

He's got a hard hill to climb this go-around. Where previously he was a guaranteed win, many look on him as a failure now and question how he could have undying support for Trump when Trump fired him.

My wife despises him now; I just want a reasonable explanation of what in the Holy Hell he thought he was doing.

TheRedneck

My guess is that Sessions was playing an important part in the plan to drain the swamp. It is not obvious at this point, but it should become clear after all the mess is over with.
Just a guess.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Optics. Looks now like staunch Trump supporter.
Capitalizing on remnants of the news he was fired, could sway left leaning swing voters.
Sessions will be a valuable ally in the Senate.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

This is obviously just pandering to increase his chances for re-election.

Then he's been pandering for two years.

His voting record is pretty much in line with what I would expect from someone who I don't see eye-to-eye with on every issue, and yet who is demonstrating reasoned consideration. I don't expect my Congressmen to see eye-to-eye with me on every issue, but I do expect them to use good judgement. So far Jones has done so. His voting record is only slightly left of many Republicans. His leadership ranking from other Democrats is pretty low, but that just makes me think he does not toe the party line.

You need to remember, I am not a Republican. I am an Independent. I vote for the man... screw the party.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

My guess is that Sessions was playing an important part in the plan to drain the swamp. It is not obvious at this point, but it should become clear after all the mess is over with.

I hope you are right, and that is why I am not dead-set against him at this point. Sessions was at one time a hero to Alabama, and his actions (inactions) as AG severely damaged that legacy.

I would love nothing better than to see the bulldog with gator teeth back. I just need to see those teeth at this point.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

This is obviously just pandering to increase his chances for re-election.

Then he's been pandering for two years.

Fair enough, but yeah, pandering for two years then...

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Thing is, I don't care if he's pandering or not. Congress Critters are supposed to pander to their constituency. As long as they stay within the law doing it, I'm good with that.

TheRedneck

top topics

join