It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope Geriatric Jo'bama Biden wins the Democratic Nomination to face Trump in the election

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: chr0naut
Or the fact that Trump is 74 years old and is showing signs of dementia, too?

Dementia? Only in TDS land.

He is running circles around prior Presidents with his schedule, he is eating Obama's lunch.

He'd eat a three year old lunch?

But, nah, I think that's actually Nixon's.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Posted that on my phone.

OK. The first link is to show that Clinton indeed attempt to get across to the workers of the coal industry that it was struggling and jobs would be lost. But they were working on other means to get jobs back to the areas, in Kentucky.

solarmagazine.com...

The trends were being met from years before the election:

www.theguardian.com...

www.forbes.com...

The coal industry has been slowly transitioning, but the sad fact is, the coal jobs were always going to become a skeleton crew eventually.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
www.cnbc.com...
Coal miners have kept employment steady at about 51,000 to 53,000 positions during President Donald Trump’s first two years in office

The current workers have been able to keep their jobs, natural gas prices have affected the coal mine industry and eventually the market will dictate where the industry goes.

After reading those links and some others Hillary was inarticulate...
Clinton apologized for her word choice at a CNN Town Hall back in March. She insists she wants to help coal country through a difficult economic transition.
cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com...

It seems that as President, Trump's deregulation has helped the coal workers keep their jobs...www.cnn.com...
Trump has kept his word to the coal workers and the marketplace will ultimately dictate the future of the industry, the regulations Trump rolled back kept the coal miners from losing their jobs.

originally posted by: strongfp

Posted that on my phone.

OK. The first link is to show that Clinton indeed attempt to get across to the workers of the coal industry that it was struggling and jobs would be lost. But they were working on other means to get jobs back to the areas, in Kentucky.

solarmagazine.com...

The trends were being met from years before the election:

www.theguardian.com...

www.forbes.com...

The coal industry has been slowly transitioning, but the sad fact is, the coal jobs were always going to become a skeleton crew eventually.

edit on 23-12-2019 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Deregulation isn't always a good thing.

Most of those coal miners ARE the skeleton crew I was talking about. Also, where are these tax breaks for the coal industry going? No back into the coal miners pockets really. It's into renewable sources of energy.
Hell, even the coal mining museum in Kentucky just installed a whole whack of solar panels.

I think at the end of the day, Clinton and Trump would have ended up in the same boat, corporate hand outs are always a for sure in politics.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You may be right.

This is just another example of how out of touch Hillary was on the trail.

originally posted by: strongfp

Deregulation isn't always a good thing.

Most of those coal miners ARE the skeleton crew I was talking about. Also, where are these tax breaks for the coal industry going? No back into the coal miners pockets really. It's into renewable sources of energy.
Hell, even the coal mining museum in Kentucky just installed a whole whack of solar panels.

I think at the end of the day, Clinton and Trump would have ended up in the same boat, corporate hand outs are always a for sure in politics.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yup, a poor choice of words and decisions on her part really did cost her that vote. Again, the championing of 'fighting climate change' for the Dems didn't do them any good. It's all about getting the votes, and people care more about jobs of old then jobs of new when it comes to politics. Little did they know, and even in deregulated free markets, the company is always looking to save a buck here and there, solar is a way to alleviate stress on their dying market.

I even made a thread about this very subject a while back, using fossil fuels to build a greener future.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join