It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Original Way To Smoke Tobacco Was A Snot-Filled Nightmare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
In researching whether Indians inhaled tobacco, I found this site. It is written by an editor of “Cracked”. Is this satire? Don’t think I’d like to try it.

Source

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: davido

If you think that’s possible satire, what do you think of tobacco snuff? Clerk at the corner bodega dips and snorts it...in 2019.

Yeah, in all likelihood, those indigenous peeps used that nicotine delivery system.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens

If you think that’s possible satire, what do you think of tobacco snuff? Clerk at the corner bodega dips and snorts it...in 2019.

Yeah, in all likelihood, those indigenous peeps used that nicotine delivery system.
I

I wasn’t sure because of some pages were more politically correct and stated that the Indians did not inhale.
edit on 22-12-2019 by davido because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
That is a pretty wild was to get messed up. I am not a cigarette smoker but I am a heavy smoker of the other kind. 9% sounds like a good deal if you want to really feel the joys of addiction.

Link

“The people whom archaeologists call Basketmaker in what is now the American Southwest were using a tube-like pipe about 3,500 years ago. For their smoking mixture they used wild tobacco (Nicotiana rustica) which was probably mixed with other materials. In a similar fashion, the Indian people around the Great Lakes area about 3,000 years ago were using tubular-shaped pipes for smoking tobacco. The pipes are flared on the tobacco end and narrowed on the mouth end.”

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Interesting post, enjoyed a non political read.I wouldn't try that.I grew up on a tobacco farm and never have smoked a cigarette-tobacco that is.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
That is a pretty wild was to get messed up. I am not a cigarette smoker but I am a heavy smoker of the other kind. 9% sounds like a good deal if you want to really feel the joys of addiction.

Link

Nice find. The suggested article was good too. Got into the magic beliefs.

“ the Earthmaker created a weed with a pleasant odor and all of the spirits wanted it. The weed was called tobacco. Earthmaker then showed the people how to use it, how to crush it, and smoke it in a pipe. To all of the spirits Earthmaker said: “Now, whatever human beings ask from me and for which they offer tobacco I will not be able to refuse it. I myself will not be in control of this weed. If they give me a pipefull of this and make a request I will not be able to refuse it.”
link

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I see no obvious evidence of satire but I could be wrong.

As far as smoking that way, the smell nerves are really just an extension of the brain specialized in chemical sensitivity. It would have a faster and more potent affect than the common method of smoking. Like the difference between drinking a fizzy drink and having some go up your nose, the experience would be much more intense. The only way to get something to the brain through a shorter method would need drilling into the skull.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

“Their chiefs employ a tube shaped like a Y, filled with the lighted weed, inserting the forked extremities into their nostrils. . . . In this way they imbibe the smoke until they become unconscious and lie sprawling on the ground like men in a drunken slumber.”

www.wondersandmarvels.com...

Errm-That doesn't sound like tobacco TBH.
I get that it was supposedley from a stronger strain,But I have almost "ODed" on tobacco as a youngster-and all it did was gave me a horrific headache and made me puke for hours.

I am guessing there was something slightly more psychoactive in this early smoking mixture.
The natives maybe just told Gonzalo "Its just tobacco dude,honest."

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The correct way to use tobacco is a five gallon overdose enema.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
Raw tobacco is psychoactive. When tobacco is dried and fermented, it loses a lot of the psychoactive properties which also then makes it safer to imbibe.

edit on 23-12-2019 by kimish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join