It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boo!!! They Got Rid Of My Favorite character In American Gods Mr Nancy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Actor Orlando Jones, who played the African trickster god Mr. Nancy on the STARZ series American Gods, posted a blistering video message to Twitter early Saturday morning alleging that he was fired from the show in September because the season three showrunner, Charles Eglee, “thinks that Mr. Nancy’s angry get-#-done is the wrong message for black America.” Here’s Jones’ message:

slate.com...

I'm not at all pleased with this development, certainly not the reason given by the higher ups, his performance was solid and strong, not sure if I'm gonna continue viewing.

edit on 22-12-2019 by Spider879 because: Rusty

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Actor Orlando Jones, who played the African trickster god Mr. Nancy on the STARZ series American Gods, posted a blistering video message to Twitter early Saturday morning alleging that he was fired from the show in September because the season three showrunner, Charles Eglee, “thinks that Mr. Nancy’s angry get-#-done is the wrong message for black America.” Here’s Jones’ message:

slate.com...

I'm not at all pleased with this development, certainly not the reason given by the higher ups, his performance was solid and strong, not sure if I'm gonna continue viewing.

Mr Jones needs to remember that if you work in the American entertainment industry as a black man, you need to stay on the plantation.

His owners need him to have the right message to America's black folk, after all...

Tires of political correctness and identity politics yet?

Vote for Trump 2020.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

He was great on that show. I mean what the hell would he know about black messages right? How could he eeever relate?

Like a.w.e.s.o.m - o says

LAME!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

slate.com...

Mr Jones needs to remember that if you work in the American entertainment industry as a black man, you need to stay on the plantation.

His owners need him to have the right message to America's black folk, after all...

Tires of political correctness and identity politics yet?

Vote for Trump 2020.

Trump have little to do for against this attiude, after all the Sinclair media organization great backers of Trump made the exact same move, regarding the popular series UnderGround...
Sigh!!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I think he had one of the best characters along with Mr. Ibis.

Plus the costume department dressed the character perfectly.

ETA: Glad to see you on, I was wondering what happened to you as I hadn't seen you post in awhile.

edit on 23-12-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Yeah brother just took that social media break across the board.
Nuff lov fer ya'llz tho...

edit on 23-12-2019 by Spider879 because: Rusty

new topics

top topics

join