It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plants make ultrasonic squeals when stressed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
a reply to: muzzleflash

Here a link:
www.bbc.com...

Originally I wanted to find that series of tests they did on plants and human intentions. I am unsure about the validity of it. But that link above, from 2017, kills all arguments of scorpiongurl about plants not have sensor input, a ridiculous claim to start begin with for the even most casual knowledge about what a plant is and does.

Very interesting exchange in this thread. I think we often approach topics with preconceived notions and it's hard to let go of them when new information doesn't confirm the bias we've developed. You seem more open to the possibilities than some.
edit on 12/23/2019 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Thank you

Have you ever heard of high voltage growing? My uncle did some experiments on that. I can only describe it rough. A funny looking device rotates a (hollow?) brass ball in a circle but I am not sure how it works exactly. Okay this device is connected to a rod in the ground and to copper wires running 5m above ground back and forth.

Imagine invisible lines running from the ground to the sky, electric field lines. Normally it would be around xV/m potential change from ground to 5m. The device pushes this up to x*10V/m.

Now you seed the field with plants that have saw like leaf edges. These leaf edges have many little triangles / pointy tips. These pointy tips attract to field lines and the density of the field is much more higher in these tips.

If you tune in the motor correct, you can see how the plants stretch their leaves in a 45° angle up from the stem. I saw this with my own eyes. The plants under the lines were around 25% (roughly 1/4 thumb measure) higher, had more nodes. Air humidity, pressure and temperature messes with the perfect setting so it has to be adjusted.

Take this all with salt. Until I find little book it is all written down somewhere and can give you some real numbers. I stopped being around it after I burned my hair on a light bulb. The shocks I got did hurt but was told it is as harmful as a firelighter igniter.

Oh I forgot one theory I still have on my mind. He said he thinks that the higher field strength leads to faster grow rates. I have this sketch on my mind where the lines go into the plants leafes tips and run down the stem inside the fibres that make up the stem, down to the root system where is spreads out similar like it entered the leaf tips.

A nother thing I remember is that when helped cleaning out, the root systems of the ones in the room with the field lines were monstrous. The little hair roots that go off from the thick main roots looked like a comb, so fine and long.

edit on 24-12-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Our ignorance to their response makes it much easier to manage.
Is the “scream” because of a pain signal or something else, I don’t want to know my veggies are in agony as I eat dinner. At least my steak is already done suffering.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
My dog yelps in pain to!
Now they need to listen to all the low level
sounds to see if they talk to each other.
you all may be suprised.

but I hope they know it will be s l o w.
like a whale but slower.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

All the vegans are going to starve to death.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Our ignorance to their response makes it much easier to manage.
Is the “scream” because of a pain signal or something else, I don’t want to know my veggies are in agony as I eat dinner. At least my steak is already done suffering.

They're already dead if they're on your plate.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

i had a friend tell me often, when he read of a pro-vegetarian diet, "can that person stand the screaming of the lettuce as she bites into her salad"?!

in nature as in life, when something wins, something has to lose. a man wrote that he considered nature to be a vast cafeteria! the eater eats, it wins, the eaten loses!

freestone

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: freestonew

in nature as in life, when something wins, something has to lose. a man wrote that he considered nature to be a vast cafeteria! the eater eats, it wins, the eaten loses!

We call it the food chain for good reason.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Here a link:
www.bbc.com...

Originally I wanted to find that series of tests they did on plants and human intentions. I am unsure about the validity of it. But that link above, from 2017, kills all arguments of scorpiongurl about plants not have sensor input, a ridiculous claim to start begin with for the even most casual knowledge about what a plant is and does.

Very interesting exchange in this thread. I think we often approach topics with preconceived notions and it's hard to let go of them when new information doesn't confirm the bias we've developed. You seem more open to the possibilities than some.

You could have at least said this directly to me vs. just typing out my screen name - not even spelled right - in some random post. Grow up!

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Hm.
Not pain maybe but experiencing -or in this case- not experiencing signals.

It just becomes pain when the receptors interpret that signal. That is why I wrote earlier that stress can be viewed as pain. Pain is just many nerves firing at once, overloading your senses.

Imagine ripping a plant out of the ground. Plants do not have a nervous system but that is a weak argument made by others. There is communication going on inside the plant or else it would grow like cancer, irregular with no purpose. I do not care about the medium the information flows. It counts that it does, for this argument and for simplicity sake.

Don't ever mow a lawn, or walk anywhere that isn't paved, don't pick fresh flowers and for the love of god don't rake leaves! Oh my god can you imagine how that poor grass must suffer being underneath all that snow? it's freezing to death, oh the humanity!

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
With further reflection, I realize how flawed this rationalization actually is. For one thing, most of the plant-based foods we eat do not require harming the plants. Eating apples and other fruits, for example, actually benefit apple trees, creating orchards and of course we spread the seeds by eating the fruits of the tree. The same is true of most vegetables as well, which are actually fruits, such as tomatoes, squashes, eggplants, peppers, beans, corn, and so forth.

What really clicked for me as I thought about it, is how shameful and absurd this rationalization is. Can you imagine ever using such a rationalization for violence against a human being? That it’s OK to stab another human being because tomatoes don’t want to be stabbed either? Or if it was used to rationalize stabbing a dog? Yet we use it to rationalize stabbing equally vulnerable sensitive beings with fully developed nervous systems who are the subjects of their lives, as we are. For example, if someone were to be charged with animal cruelty for stabbing his neighbor’s dog, and was testifying in court as to why he did this, if he were to say that to him, stabbing a dog and stabbing a tomato are really the same, I think it’s likely such a person would not just be sent to jail, but probably sent to an institution for the criminally insane.

As I have continued on this journey of vegan living, I’ve learned a lot about how our culture programs all of us to discount the suffering we cause others. I’ve come to realize that nonhuman animals are clearly recognized by researchers today to be profoundly capable of suffering, both physically and psychologically, and that they have complex intelligence and emotions that are devastatingly abused by the confinement, mutilation, and cruelty inherent in animal agriculture.

We, being mobile, are, unlike plants, equipped with bodies with pain receptors for our survival, but even if plants are in some way able to feel distress, as vegans, we harm a tiny fraction of the plants that eating the flesh and secretions of animals requires. Eighty to ninety percent of all the corn, soy, alfalfa, wheat, oats, and other grains we grow are fed to animals. So, even though we are growing enough food to feed 12-15 billion people every year, and we only have 7.2 billion people on the planet, at least one billion of our brothers and sisters are chronically hungry and starving because we feed most of our grains and legumes to imprisoned animals to feed those living in countries with higher-powered economies diets rich animal-based foods. Animal agriculture, which is exceedingly wasteful, traumatizes animals, wildlife, ecosystems, hungry people, and slaughterhouse and factory farm workers, who are forced to do work that brings out the worst in them.

I’ve grown to realize that I was programmed by my culture to disconnect from the violence I was inflicting on others in a variety of ways. For example, we are taught to use language, such as “harvesting” animals, which numbs and disconnects us from the realities of killing or murdering them.

I was desensitized to our culture’s relentless abuse of animals, and I can see how this numbness is a devastating affliction, because it leads, when widespread as it is today, to a society-wide lack of caring about the things that really matter in our world. I have found that vegan foods are not only delicious, but that vegans have a much lower rate of obesity, heart disease, cancer, autoimmune disease, kidney disease, and the other afflictions that plague people today, as well.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

Here a link:
www.bbc.com...

You could have at least said this directly to me vs. just typing out my screen name - not even spelled right - in some random post. Grow up!

Can you please show me where I referred to you in a post, or typed your name at all, let alone incorrectly?

And if you are directly referring to the above post, I neither typed your name, nor was I talking about you personally. My reference was to the thread overall. Some are more open to facets of the topic than others, which is neither right nor wrong, it is just an observation.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Here a link:
www.bbc.com...

Can you please show me where I referred to you in a post, or typed your name at all, let alone incorrectly?

And if you are directly referring to the above post, I neither typed your name, nor was I talking about you personally. My reference was to the thread overall. Some are more open to facets of the topic than others, which is neither right nor wrong, it is just an observation.

This wasn't meant for you. I quoted the wrong one

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Here a link:
www.bbc.com...

This wasn't meant for you. I quoted the wrong one

I think a lot of us have done that. Lol. No problem.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Thus is your big bang, this is the god of all Satanists, the squeals of a dying tree, the very one who ejected us out of Eden in attempt to keep itself alive.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join