It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article Suggests Vanishing Stars May Be Alien Interstellar Communication Lasers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

I thought about that, but then I also thought that weeks is relatively common frequency for celestial events, and any civilisation advanced enough to try to communicate with other possible civilisations would be, most likely, aware of that and would use a higher frequency.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Rather than communication, it could just be a good ol' Kardashev Type 2 civilization finally finishing a star enclosure. Intermittent appearances could be them venting off excess unused energy.

For a moment there, I read it as "Kardashian"!!

They got the money to build it.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Interesting! Now who can decode them and find out what’s in the data? a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Huh, interesting to note the complexity of the writings on many levels, but that fails to prove any simulation aspect or not, just that the Bible has been written in this way. Nor does it prove or disprove any scope of the universe, and the inclusion or non inclusion of intelligent life.

Unless you want to point to where it states otherwise?

a reply to: GBP/JPY

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

That's the problem, there's nothing to decode, they just disappear.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

they would have to be captured by a computer to decode, as all forms of light waves can be captured and decoded, however the computer would need to know what to look for.

electrons and photon energy can carry all kinds of unseen information.

edit on 24-12-2019 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

What would have to be captured by a computer, the disappearance?

And no, not all forms of light waves can be captured and decoded, they can all be captured but only the ones that were encoded can be decoded. Normal light waves have nothing to decode.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

A computer would have to capture lightwaves before they disappear.

It sounds like all they'll be doing is looking through images, counting how many disappearing events.

Normal... visible light is naturally encoded with information, one can see that with spectroscopy.... and yes all light can be decoded... and even encoded etc. There just happens to be billions of ways to do it with cryptography. Anything that carries energy can be encoded, such as electrons and photons.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

A computer would have to capture lightwaves before they disappear.

It sounds like all they'll be doing is looking through images, counting how many disappearing events.

That's the only way of doing it, getting the same coverage they have with those star catalogues in video (that would have to be special video, so they could catch several wavelengths) would take a long time and would need a huge data storage.

Normal... visible light is naturally encoded with information, one can see that with spectroscopy.... and yes all light can be decoded... and even encoded etc.

I don't see that as light being encoded, I see that as normal light. Normal light has that kind of information in it that was not added but is a property of that specific light. I see encoding as information that is artificially added to something.

There just happens to be billions of ways to do it with cryptography.

Obviously.

Anything that carries energy can be encoded, such as electrons and photons.

Any information can be encoded in some way. That doesn't mean that we should waste our time trying to decode everything we have around us.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If the senders and recipients live 100,000 years, maybe all we're seeing is a "dot" or a"dash" of a thousand year old.alien Morse Code transmission.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The article says:

However, the most likely cause is from some unexplained natural source, perhaps a vanishing star.

This in of itself could be evidence of the existence of "The Dark Forest"

“Some say (alien contact) is the greatest thing we should do. Some think we should be very quiet and this should be the last thing we should do — and it might indeed be the last thing we will do.” – Dominik

www.learning-mind.com...

If you like good SciFi books read the Three Body Problem trilogy by Cixin Liu, if you like this thread you'll love it

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny I guess we could send a message to Neptune in 4 hours, a la Ad Astra. Heh

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Interesting, my first thought was what does a Starship look like from a distance if it exploded.
Second thought was star or planet-moon mining and these are mining explosions.
The USG Ishimura (石村) 🤔

a reply to: shawmanfromny
Are any of these disappearing stars in local general proximity?
Are any planets or moons detected near these locations?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
Interesting, but I don't think a communication "pulse" would last for weeks.
I find it more likely to be some natural event we don't know yet or an yet unknown variation of a known natural event than an artificial event.

I ditto your reply...

the 'Natural Event' might very well be the Galactic Wave that some theorists support

I read yesterday that from our position in the Galaxy & looking inward towards the Galactic Core... a number of Stars in that imaginary line-of-sight have 'blinked' or went thru some strange anomalies over time...
our closest neighbor Star called Bernard's Star some ~2 Light Years away & 2LY closer to the Galaxy Center has Itself acted strangely all-of-a-sudden -->>
Now IF Bernards Star got whacked by the Galactic Wave...… Traveling slower than the speed-of-light... Then our Sun & Solar System may indeed get hit by that same Wave as soon as 2026 or perhaps 2034 (a 6 to 14 year time frame for the sub light-speed Galactic Wave to hit us !!

the govt & university astronomy departments are not getting intense interest about NEOs or rogue asteroids...It's the Galactic Wave they are concerned avout & the Wave causing our white dwarf Sun to micro-Nova after 3 days of darkness as the Sun builds up a 'shell' of debris around itself... then the Shell explodes

YT topics such as Galactic Wave for yourselves

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Last person out please turn the light out!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have an email exchange with Seth Shostak from almost 15 years ago...

The distilled version is me asking him what is the most commonM unavoidable currency our universe has? LIGHT

So I posited if I were a few million or billion Years more advanced and wanted to communicate with beings across interstellar space then I would use the aforementioned currency…
LIGHT:
Quasars, pulsars, gamma Light, or other phenomenon which could only be recognized by other like-minded, highly advanced civilizations...

As I suggested, I’m not an astrophysicist but as a lamen, light is the obvious and ONLY way to communicate on an interstellar scale...
Time may not be an issue(at least in terms of short term like a Millenia or 2 if your species can live for a million years the technology...

He disagreed with me but was entirely nice....in fact, he was kind simply for the first response...let alone our 5 email exchange...

For a nerd like me, I remain proud he took the time...

PS: my 6 year old daughter Has dropped my iPad Pro so many times the keyboard barely works and it can’t understand my hick accent so please forgive the grammatical errors and Harmon and problems…
I can’t use most of the keys on the software keyboard

-Chris
edit on 27-12-2019 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Aside from light, I can see a civilization using gravity waves for communication. Don't know how, exactly, but it could be an option.

Other than that... Psychic communication and perception has been tested and shown to be independent of time, so using gifted individuals as transmitters and receivers could allow essentially instantaneous communication anywhere in the universe. Provided that it's purely a biological effect and we or others never figure out a way to duplicate or amplify it with technology.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Rather than communication, it could just be a good ol' Kardashev Type 2 civilization finally finishing a star enclosure. Intermittent appearances could be them venting off excess unused energy.

For a moment there, I read it as "Kardashian"!!

Same here!
So, guess that would be a civilization that had developed cosmetic implant technology?
Imagine what we could learn from such an advanced culture!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join