It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robots humble US Army in wargames

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I think ATS has a number of these far left communist numptys

The true numpty is the one that allows their belief system to base itself upon a false divide.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
War is about creating debt these days, has been for the last century.

Pretty much. The US "won" the Cold War not because they invaded the Soviet Union and killed more of their soldiers but because the Soviets just couldn't afford to keep fighting. Especially after fighting that economy draining war in Afghanistan (which the US backed which ultimately came back and bit us, but that's another story).

It's just too expensive to these days to go in and ransack a country because a lot of the businesses are going to be owned by the same global corporations everywhere and you're just destroying your own stuff. The US could go to war with China but then it's so long to all your cheap consumer products.

Wars as they're fought now and in the near future will be more about displacing old regimes in third world countries with strategic mineral reserves so they can be brought up to speed and properly exploited. Brazil, Democratic Republic of the Congo, etc. It's always going to be about dominating a country economically, and not about killing potential employees.

With the exception of fighting religious extremists or people seeking revenge from some past conflict (usually religion-based). Throw some gods into the mix and all bets are off because people are superstitious apes.
edit on 22-12-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180
a reply to: dfnj2015

Nothing makes more money than war the same people fund, arm all sides. Then they own the companies who go to rebuild Countries after war.

I think that used to be the case, but with globalization it's now more economically efficient to simply "buy out" a country than go in destroy it, then rebuild it. Although I suppose it could be considered a "tear down" prior to an upgrade and factored in as a pre- development cost. That's why we don't use nukes. Makes the post-conflict cleanup more expensive.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Will make no difference providing the porper weapons are used.

Small weighted fishing nets dropped from drones or tossed over an enemy drone and it is done.

You can build a handheld emp gun to wipe out electronics but I will not go into how because it would get you in trouble with the FCC and other federal agencies.

Bow and arrow with 25 to 50 foot string on arrow. Aim just over propellers. No more drone.

Please see my signature below.

every one has an emp device, no one has the power to pulse them adequately. every coiled power unit (solenoid) is a potential emp device...
edit on 22-12-2019 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2019 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I think a member posted the following video in some thread or I got it in an email either way, even though the scenario is fake and most of the actions are not of an independent robot the whole video is worth a watch and endearing at the end. Well endearing to me anyway..hahah youtu.be...

No, all of it is fake.

It's all CGI, so the whole premise of this thread might be erroneous.

Read the YT comments.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: 727Sky

On August 6, 1945 the paradigm of 'war' changed forever. Sadly, most people today still don't realize this.

Prior to this date the objective of war was to vanquish your opponent. After that date the objective of war is merely a contest to see who can break more of the other guy's stuff. The problem is, people get in the way and are injured or killed as a result. And, this objective can never revert back to the original objective, not ever. It's not possible. Well, it IS possible, but the consequences are unimaginable and unthinkable.

Consequently, robotics and proxies are a natural evolution of this theme. It was only a matter of time. In the future all modern wars will be fought by proxy warriors because...it's not about killing the soldier, it's about breaking more of his stuff.

Too bad humanity can't see this.

I signed in to reply to this comment! becoz:

This is The Best explanation of "why war still happens" that I have Ever heard. A Truly Brillant synopsis

War is the redundant leftovers of the MIC who's ONLY way to make "profits" for You to Invest in, is to "Make stuff to Break, with tazpayers dollars, upon the excuse that "we have to be the best breakers"

I thought the army culled out those too stupid to do Anything safely?
edit on 22-12-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: hrrrrummphh

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

That is an example video not related to the linked article. The human like movement and tossing the table gave it away. Robots don't get mad. They just do what they are made to do.
edit on 12 22 2019 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

You can build a handheld emp gun to wipe out electronics but I will not go into how because it would get you in trouble with the FCC and other federal agencies.

No problem, I know a guy,.....

This website is awesome, I've been a frequent visitor for years - www.amazing1.com...

Perfectly legal,

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

To put it mildly every last one of your "solutions" is laughably bad and will outright get you killed if you actually try them even with the current state of advancement for militarized autonomous systems.

It genuinely baffles me how people can possibly believe such Looney tunes BS has even a hope of working.

Additionally, you're woefully ignorant about basically all things EMP.

No, it's not that easy that's not how EMP works and even worse for you the things you'd really want to whack with EMP because they're little, fast, and hard to get other ways are going to be by far the least susceptible to any EMP type attack.

That's setting aside the idea that a hypothetical drone builder would just entirely neglect to integrate EMP/emf/emi mitigation hardware etc into their designs for some inexplicable reason!

P.s. this article is specifically speaking of pairing humans and the damn UAV's / UGV's as an integrated team. Even if the bot is too dumb to protect itself from your laughable strategies it's human friends are going to shoot you in the face and marvel at your stupidity extremely damn quick in return for your attempts to kill their robot buddy!

The reality is the whole human and autonomous 9r semi autonomous systems teaming approach really is a pretty massive force multiplier even when done mostly wrong.

This is to say nothing of when we figure out how to do it mostly right

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join