It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love my Tag!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
About 3 years ago my wife bought me a "Tag" (i.e. a Tag Heure watch) for our 10th anniversary. (I bought her a giant diamond)...but I collect watches and I did not have a 'Tag'. I have a couple of Rolex's, but not a Tag. She bought me a 'Formula One'...which is a really nice watch.

I'm always Leary about watches and this watch went dead about 9 months after the fact. I took it to a Tag dealer and they said they could change he battery, OR, I could send the watch to TAG and have it certified. Well, of course, I wanted the watch certified and pressure tested. It took two months, BUT what I got back was a 200m watch, certified for 200m, with a guarantee for 200m. I dive, but not to 200m, not anymore anyway, and when I did I didn't wear a watch. So, I'm happy...and they even sent me the parts they replaced.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If a giant asteroid hits the Earth and HUGE giant 200m high ocean wave washes over the entire United States at least you will be able to tell time!

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Since 1995 I have been wearing a Rolex Submariner. I’m on my third one. The first was completely worn out, my son wrote a great story about all of the places I had been cave diving with that watch and I sold it on eBay for $200 more than I gave for it new. Today I am wearing a two tone, black face sub. This one is in new condition. I’ll keep it for a while.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have a timex watch....it is in a drawer somewhere. I gave up wearing a watch about ten years ago, don't need a watch anymore. All of our vehicles have clocks, we have about ten clocks in the house, and we never make appointments anymore, nor do we go to work at a job. I do not even have a cell phone anymore. All of our cordless phones, four of them total, have the time on them too.

I never got into expensive watches because I tend to work on stuff a lot and cracked lots of crystals on them in the past and they get pretty beat up. But I did get a Timex with the hands on sale when they were under forty bucks. The wife has some more expensive watches, because they are antiques. Every so often she gets them tuned up and puts them back in the drawer. By expensive I mean they are worth a couple of hundred bucks. I am into tools.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I knew this old retired gentleman once who had exactly two watches and a great plan. They were both identical Timex's, and the absolute cheapest most basic Timex model you could get, but they had a lifetime 100% money back guarantee. This was back in the 70's when Timex used to have those commercials with the tagline..."Timex; takes a licking and keeps on ticking".

He was an avid boater and fisherman (ex-Navy too). I don't think the watches were even waterproof. He'd wear one of the watches until it went kaput (and they always did eventually, usually about 3-4 months). Then he'd start wearing the 2nd watch, and he'd send the broken one in to Timex. Timex never fixed the watches he sent them, they'd just send him a new one. So, he'd wear the 2nd watch until it broke, and then put on the (new) 1st watch, and send in the 2nd one. And he'd just keep doing that, rotating watches. I knew the guy for about 20 years and he did this the whole time I knew him. He'd always chuckle about it too, and he loved to tell that story.

I always thought that was a clever idea.

For my part, I'm a watch guy. I love watches. I collect them even. I have a couple friends who, like you, always say they don't need a watch because there are clocks everywhere (i.e. cell phones, cars, etc.), but I can't function if I don't have a watch on. Just habit I guess...that, and I like watches. When I'm working with the cows I have an old pocket watch (and I collect those too).

edit on 12/22/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Yeah, they do hold their value. I rarely ever wear my sub's anymore. They're pretty heavy on the wrist.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

One thing I did notice, and researched extensively after I researched it, is that a watch keeps my heartbeat from swinging up and down. I have tachychardia, my normal heart rate is between 100 and 120 beats per minute. Since I quit wearing my watch it goes down to eighty and up to around one sixty quicker, the eighty and below causes me problems with low blood pressure.

From what I read, the ticking is like a pacemaker, it usually stabalizes my heart at about one twenty and no swings.

I may have to start wearing one again, but the watch needs to tick to work so it has to be one with hands on it that tick, I never liked the electronic ones. At least I know why I like the ones with the hands now. The tick has to be half way loud, so the batteries do not last as long on those.

top topics

join