It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cattle Decapitation - Death Atlas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I really don't know how this will be received here. I know we have quite a few metal fans on board, but this album has a strong theme about man made climate change. I personally agree with the message, but also I can appreciate music regardless of the lyrics/message and I feel this album is a musical masterpiece regardless of the concept/lyrics. Cattle Decapitation has always revolved around the concept of not harming animals and the planet (the vocalist and guitarist are vegetarians and animal rights activists), but they evolved musically from primitive grind to something magnificent, IMO. Hope some of you enjoy!

Official video for the title track:

Full album (which I feel needs to be listened from beginning to end to be fully appreciated):

edit on 21-12-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
As a huge horror movie fan guy people ask me all the time for the most gory or messed up movies I’ve seen.
My go to answer is, “it’s only 6 minutes long and called Forced Gender Reassignment by Cattle Decap”. I love watching people try to get through that video! Once you explain why they do those, it’s even more of a mind blower.

PS: The best full length movie for mind F is Baskin. Its from Turkey but after the boring 1st 20 minutes, it’s messed up.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth

Forced Gender Reassignment made a buddy of mine, a death metal vocalist, vomit lol. I'll check out Baskin! I'm always on the hunt for mind F movies.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Nothing is more death metal that climate change. Huh? It sounds like death metal and has the video for it. When did death metal get into SJW type sh!t? While bands like slayer or cannibal corpse or morbid angel are the standard I’m sorry the hardest song I have ever heard is pantera’s slaughtered. Prove me wrong. Pro tip you can and it’s not even death metal

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Veryolduser
Nothing is more death metal that climate change. Huh? It sounds like death metal and has the video for it. When did death metal get into SJW type sh!t? While bands like slayer or cannibal corpse or morbid angel are the standard I’m sorry the hardest song I have ever heard is pantera’s slaughtered. Prove me wrong. Pro tip you can and it’s not even death metal

Angry? I don't think you know what an SJW, or death metal is. Apocalyptic themes have always been there, this is just a little more modern. Pantera rules. I have a picture on my wall of me drinking beer with Dimebag. But... there's countless songs out there that are heavier than Slaughtered, though it is a ripper.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Love metal. There's lots of us here who do. My favorite Cattle song:

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Ah, some pleasant easy listening music. Take a Flag and star.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Do all these bands use the same voice from hell or is
the voice coming out the many possessed? it beats rap and hip hop
at least.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Do all these bands use the same voice from hell or is
the voice coming out the many possessed? it beats rap and hip hop
at least.

Lol it's not for everybody. I LOVE guttural vocals, and Travis Ryan of Cattle Decapitation is my favorite. To watch him make all of those sounds live is fascinating.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Alright I can muster some credit because it has balls hows that?

SnF
edit on 22-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

top topics

join