It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Joseph Mifsud dead or working with Durham on his investigation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
A little bit of background and a refresher.

Joseph Mifsud is the man who allegedly made an offer to George Popadopalous to provide dirt on the Hillary Clinton campaign. During the height of the Russia investigation he was painted as a Russian agent who was the catalyst for the crossfire hurricane investigation.

We now know that US intelligence used human assets to infiltrate the Trump campaign - and that Mifsud may have been one of those assets.

thehill.com...

Conservative defenders of President Trump, including former House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), have raised recent concerns that Mueller’s portrayal of the Mifsud-Papadopoulos contacts doesn’t add up.

Roh told me the information he is preparing to share with Durham’s team from his client will accentuate those concerns.

Mifsud was a “longtime cooperator of western intel” who was asked specifically by his contacts at Link University in Rome and the London Center of International Law Practice (LCILP) — two academic groups with ties to Western diplomacy and intelligence — to meet with Papadopoulos at a dinner in Rome in mid-March 2016, Roh told me.

A May 2019 letter from Nunes to U.S. intelligence officials corroborates some of Roh’s account, revealing photos showing that the FBI conducted training at Link in fall 2016 and that Mifsud and other Link officials met regularly with world leaders, including Boris Johnson, elected today as Britain’s new prime minister.

A few days after the March dinner, Roh added, Mifsud received instructions from Link superiors to “put Papadopoulos in contact with Russians,” including a think tank figure named Ivan Timofeev and a woman he was instructed to identify to Papadopoulos as Vladimir Putin’s niece.

Back in 2018 there were reports that Mifsud was dead and at the time the fingers were pointing at Putin, with stories in the media painting the speculation with a 'Russian agent linked to Trump campaign could be dead' narrative. In fact, it was the DNC pushing this narrative:
www.newsweek.com...

More recently - this week - the claim that he is dead has surfaced again:
saraacarter.com...

We also know that Durham is looking into Mifsud's role in the Russiagate scandal and what the US Intelligence services were up to.

What we do know is that Attorney General William Barr and Connecticut prosecutor John Durham have opened a criminal investigation into the matter. Mifsud, the Maltese professor, who befriended former Trump campaign advisor George Papadopolous and informed him that the Russians had obtained Hillary Clinton’s missing emails is at the center of the controversy.

If anyone has answers into what really happened with the FBI’s investigation it would be him. It was allegedly Mifsud’s tipoff about the Russians having Clinton’s emails that was the beginning of the investigation. The former FBI officials stated that it was when Papadopolous discussed what he had been told by Mifsud with Australian Ambassador Alexander Downer that the counterintelligence investigation began. They bureau agents claimed it was the pretext to opening the Crossfire Hurricane investigation into the campaign on July, 2016.

But now we know different and there is enough information surfacing to suspect that Mifsud did not have ties to Russia but was a western intelligence asset, as suggested by his attorney Stephan Roh, in an article written by John Solomon.

So is he dead?... and if so, was he killed and who killed him?
Or is he now working directly with Durham and team and in protective custody?

Popadopalous has weighed in yesterday with a simple tweet...

The main stream media seem to have fallen silent on Mifsud since the Mueller report was published.

My gut feel is that Mifsud is alive and cooperating - that he was indeed a US INtelligence asset and he was directed to plant the idea of getting Hillary's emails into the head of Popadopolous, who was then spied on to see if he would mention it to anyone... and when he did... bingo, the pretext for the Russia investigation was provided.

edit on 21/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't believe Mifsud is cooperating with the U.S. because he's not willing to damage the other countries he represents either. I believe he went underground never to be heard from again so not to damage relationships between countries any further.

edit on 21-12-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Mifsud is a key piece to this corrupt puzzle.

He is either is hiding or dead, it's either or.

I mean, national news outlets don't have a clue and Italians are speculating he is "80% sure he is dead". Wierd stat?

Secondly, the story updated with papa tweeting,

“Lil Joey Mifsud is not sleeping with the fishes,” Tweeted Papadopolous. “More to come.”

This was Dec 20, 2019.

Pappa seems to have a bit of extra info we don't have.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

My gut feel is that Mifsud is alive and cooperating -

Apparently cooperating by disappearing ... whats that say.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: provocateur

My gut feel is that Mifsud is alive and cooperating -

Apparently cooperating by disappearing ... whats that say.
But that'a the crux of the issue, hmmm?

Why is he in hiding? Or speculated dead?

Mifsud is a mystery that beckons to be solved and I have a feeling once his fate has been ascertained, we can move forward with what we already know.

Who knows, Mifsud may be another Seth.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Why is he in hiding? Or speculated dead?

Because something nefarious took place that they don't ever want revealed, either way. Claiming that Mifsud is dead is the only way to keep him from ever being hunted down and questioned.

I hope we at least get to see what was on his cell phone that was recovered.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

edit on 21-12-2019 by provocateur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
He may have cut a deal with John Durham.

originally posted by: Arnie123
Mifsud is a key piece to this corrupt puzzle.

He is either is hiding or dead, it's either or.

I mean, national news outlets don't have a clue and Italians are speculating he is "80% sure he is dead". Wierd stat?

Secondly, the story updated with papa tweeting,

“Lil Joey Mifsud is not sleeping with the fishes,” Tweeted Papadopolous. “More to come.”

This was Dec 20, 2019.

Pappa seems to have a bit of extra info we don't have.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I don't believe Mifsud is cooperating with the U.S. because he's not willing to damage the other countries he represents either. I believe he went underground never to be heard from again so not to damage relationships between countries any further.

Maybe.
But, if he WAS an agent of multiple countries then he may have cut a deal with the US instead. He may even fear for his life. He probably knows a fair bit about the origins of the investigation - if he WAS told to plant the information to Popadopalous, he obviously knows who directed him to do it. That trail can lead to who gave the orders higher up the chain.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
In 2017 Mifsud didn’t like the way the FBI portrayed events.

If Mifsud is dead then someone was impersonating him in an audio obtained by Italian media last month, a person claiming to be Mifsud denied having any links to "intelligence" or "secret" services.

Mifsud might be in Italy or someone is portraying that he is there. William Barr and Durham recently flew to Rome to meet with Italian intelligence to obtain government information on Mifsud and listen to the recording.

Mifsud’s former girlfriend told BuzzFeed News that she was certain the person in the recording was him.

if it is Mifsud.... he's sticking to his story, that the FBI is lying...

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Maybe this is what Popadopalous was referring to, not sleeping with fishes etc...

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Mifsud is working with Durham, he is an italian spy and the new president is a nationalist like Trump and they are good friends. He told Trump they will work with him 100%. Real investigations there are no leaks that is why you haven't heard from him. He will play a larger role in the indictments to come.
edit on 21-12-2019 by ambassado12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I have been conditioned to believe they are implying the individual is engaged in pedophilia when people use "lil" referencing an adult on twitter. Not sure if this is the case in this tweet but a strange choice in words.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Joseph Mifsud met with Durham's team this past Summer (2019).

www.washingtontimes.com...

Unlike the Washington Post, the Washington Times has a good reputation.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ambassado12

From the link provided above your post...

Attorney General William Barr and Durham recently flew to Rome to meet with Italian intelligence to obtain government information on Mifsud and listen to a secret recording of the elusive academic. Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said afterward he made clear to Barr and Durham that his country's intelligence services had no ties to Mifsud.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Joseph Mifsud met with Durham's team this past Summer (2019).

www.washingtontimes.com...

Unlike the Washington Post, the Washington Times has a good reputation.

Based on your link, it looks like Durham's team met with Mifsud's attorney who only played a recording for them of Mifsud that was recorded in May 2018.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This one is from November 11, 2019

www.corriere.it/video-articoli/2019/11/13/mifsud-l-uomo-chiave-russiagate-scomparso-due-anni-riappare-audio/0e920ede-0621-11ea-a1df-d75c93ec44da.shtml

"It's November 11, 2019, I'm Joseph Mifsud": this is how the registration arrived by mail to Corriere della Sera on Tuesday night. Two audio - one of 6 minutes and one of 50 seconds - in which a man who speaks in English says he is the teacher of the Link Campus in Rome involved in Russiagate and denies having ever had relations with the secret services. «I am a networker - he says - I make people meet. But I never had a relationship with the secret services and if any of the apparatuses approached me I was not aware that it was about this ». He explains that he "brought people together", but that he "never had access to confidential information" and that he "never conveyed confidential information".

edit on 21-12-2019 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

It looks like the link isn't coming up properly. Is there a way to copy and paste the link again?

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

You could put https:// in front of the above link.... or

If you go to the link below and click the Corriere della Sera, it should work.... for some reason it doesn't let me link to Corriere della Sera

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
He may have cut a deal with John Durham.

At the end of the day if you had to pick a country to work with do you want to live in Russia or America the rest of your life...lol

If he is not dead, he has two choices...Work with the US Goverment and be set for life, or have Russia kill him at some time to their liking. Russia does not need him as part of an investigation they need him to be quite and death works quite well for them to accomplish that.

edit on 21-12-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

The name on the link is showing up differently now, which allowed me to copy and paste the entire thing into my browser. Thanks!

I'm not sure why Mifsud is saying that he hopes that someone else will decide to let him breathe again. If he doesn't hold ANY intelligence ties, the only one holding him back from human contact is himself. The whole thing just doesn't make any sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join