It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Pheonix police the most dangerous in the nation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Phoenix police shot at more people than NYPD did in 2018. Will that change?

More dangerous it seems than police in New York or California it seems. I have to say I was not aware of these statistics. Stay safe Pheonix members. I am all for backing the blue but this has to be a real stain in Arizona.

I wonder since they are not a sanctuary city like the others what is behind this shoot first culture in their LE. Wild West?

www.azleg.gov...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I lived in Phoenix, back in the mid 1990s... it was a very safe city, back then.

Now... it is an illegal alien, narcotics dumping ground. Why? What changed?

...illegals, and Democrats willing to open the flood gates to even more.

The Phoenix PD are on the front lines, of an unspoken war. I pray for all of them...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Because they shot at more people?

How many people have been actually shot, versus shot at?
There's a difference between shooting at some thing, and hitting it.

Most reports I've read, or seen on news mention how dozens of rounds were fired, yet none or very few hit anyone.

The most dangerous is not always most efficiently lethal.

A dangerous police officer would be, a factor of risk liability.

As for dangerous police, our law enforcement agents in El Salvador are probably on par with Bope or close to it.

As for the 2018 numbers being a sole factor for considering the efficiency, previous years should be used for comparison

A single year can't reflect the accuracy of a Dept.

Go back a least ten years for a measurable average.

Personally, I believe it's an inaccuracy to judge law enforcement in how "dangerous" they may or may not be.

What you or joe shmoe and myself consider dangerous, is entirely a matter of differing opinion. I'm willing to bet the degree of what I consider dangerous, and what Joe shmoe would, are far apart.

Are US Marshals dangerous?

Yes, and probably more so than average street cops too.

Key word dangerous, any one can, could or would be dangerous if the situation and conditions required.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

They are 180 miles from one of the most heavily crossed border areas. They are dealing with illegals from Nogales, not Toronto.

92% of those shot at had a weapon.

There was no racial bias.

Sensationalism at it's finest here. Nothing to actually pay attention to unless you want to see cops doing their job.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Obviously you've never seen New York City cops in action to ever come to such a foolish conclusion!

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I like NYC cops. I think they're great.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: dfnj2015

I like NYC cops. I think they're great.

I was in NYC on New Years Eve many years ago and watch the NYC cops be the crap of innocent bystanders. We were lucky because the group of people I was with at the moment that matter crossed the street to get out of the way. About 20 or so cops came down beating the sticks without asking questions. I've never seen anything like it. If a cop thinks you are guilty you are cooked!

edit on 21-12-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Just wondering if you actually read the article and the PDF file of the no sanctuary city AZ law in the OP? Does it address all of the concerns related to your statements?

This screenshot points out very well why the article says they are most dangerous.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I would like to see an article like this one;

9 2 deaths, 2,623 bullets: Tracking every Chicago police shooting over 6 years

Every five days, on average, a Chicago police officer fired a gun at someone.

In 435 shootings over a recent six-year span, officers killed 92 people and wounded 170 others.

Personally, I think Phoenix is getting worse it's proximity to the border only increases the likely hood of cartel and other narco contact, which will be violent.

Between gangs and cartels, cops have their hands full.

I'd like to see these trends from all cities and how they compare year to year.

Would be an interesting project.
edit on 21-12-2019 by ADVISOR because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Police in a City with more crime and armed criminals will shoot more often than Police in a rural area or a safer city with less crime. How is that the police's fault?
I bet they get shot at more often by crims as well. Should they just let them?
I don't get the post here.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I find your title and op quite misleading.

it implies that the shootings were illegal and unwarranted.

Along with the clear implication the police are "out of control"

I took the time to read the article and while still in that same theme at least took the time to give some examples of the shootings.

what was stunning is if one cared to read the DETAILS/FACTS all the examples were JUSTIFIED.

one maybe questionable (shot a woman who tried with a knife to suicide by cop ) but still lethal force was justified and she got lucky one officer took the risk to use a tazer at a charging woman.

what I find most unreasonable is using blanket statistic (more shootings by police) and IGNORE the actual details

sadly when this topic comes up this tactic is typical
hell BLM tried this to say cops were racist and out to "kill african americans" but the FACTS showed they more than likely killed by one of their own race.
that WHITES were more likely to be shot and the ignored fact most shootings WERE JUSTIFIED.

but as they say why let FACTS get in way of your anti cop "truth"

scrounger

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
None of those places you compare to have the shared international border problems that Arizona does.
I can attest that drunk native Americans driving late at night off the reservation can also be a problem.
Considerig that Arizona is an open carry state, there are probably more guns displayed in general, including bad guys.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

They are 180 miles from one of the most heavily crossed border areas. They are dealing with illegals from Nogales, not Toronto.

That's correct. I used to live in Safford, which is in Southern Arizona, and friends still living there say the problem is out of hand with illegals. They keep coming, so there's more and more of them. They have to go somewhere when it gets too crowded, so they move north to Phoenix, and especially it's suburbs like Mesa. I used to live in Mesa, too, but only for a few months back in the mid-1960s. Illegal immigration is causing most of the problems in Arizona right now, which would be the perfect "sunshine state" otherwise.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The last time I was in Phoenix before my flight out of the Devils playground (Phoenix) was in 2008. And even back then that place was horrible. I call it Zombieland because of all the tweakers roaming around.

Honestly, Phoenix is what I picture Hell like.

The news reports were always about some weirdo just walking into a playground and beating 2 kids to death with a baseball bat, heads found in dumpsters, the drugs and crime in that state are out of control.

Detroit is even better than that place.

God Bless the Phoenix Police, and all AZ police, that state is rampant with lawlessness!

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yes, I read the article.

No, I did not read the PDF.

Yes, that screenshot points out very well why the article says they are most dangerous.

But no, that screenshot doesn't actually prove much of anything, especially that Phoenix police are "the most dangerous."

And yes, this is a stupid conversation to carry on.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Phoenix hath become one of Satans 7 Earthly throwns, possessed by manipulation, possessed by victimhood, possessed by unnaturals, possessed by poorly domesticated wolf-rats, possessed by pope worshipping Latins and Latin law against natural man.

Phoenix suffers the judgment of the Son of Man, accusation for which he refuses to accept guilt, his utter denial of reality sealing his fate in th deepest depths of hell, an entire peoples group damned to the next depth of hell, torture beyond the torture-embracing sadistic bitter-tongued psychopaths satisfaction, the coming to terms with their sin of their lust.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

How much would it cost to get you to take down that stupid and repulsive background gif? Asking for a friend.

new topics

top topics

join