It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic same-sex kiss in 'The Rise of Skywalker' polarizes 'Star Wars' fans

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: combatmaster

Ever done oral? Anal? Touched yourself? Watched someone touch themselves? Used a toy? If yes, then I suppose you're a pervert. If no, I pity you.

Sounds like Jeff Foxworthy's lesser-known book...

And whats the saying anything can be considered a toy if you are motivated enough..

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: LSU2018

Most people don't want kids to see what? Gay couples and that homosexuality is real and everywhere?

There's plenty of characters in the star wars universe that are gay, even some transpecies. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I can imagine it's not even close to a 'big deal' at all. Oh no people kissed! EW ICKY!

Some don't want their kids to see a life style that chooses not to reproduce.

The saddest aspect of the gay community is so many last names that have been passed down for hundreds of years is no more if their only son is gay.

Generations of families completely stopped.

Doesn't seem natural

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

What bothers me more than a same sex kiss and has always bothered me frankly, is that people were willing to believe that a bunch of prehistoric teddy bears beat the GALACTIC EMPIRE in the last movie. There are SO many things in star wars that are beyond ridiculous that one could lose count.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one stooped to claiming that the new Stars Wars is actually racist, homophobic, to animal neglect to whatever else.

Rey should of been a black lesbian, on journey of self discovery to find out that she really a man. While Kylo Ren an Snoke should of been lovers who despise the Jedi Order like they were the confused Vatican, or Islamic caliphate and Chewbecca was completely neglected by his owners, the Solos.

Sounds like a box disaster already?
edit on 22-12-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
That was a throw in scene, more SJW avocation that was listened to by JJ.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Bluntone22

LOL! Yeah one of my favorite characters from Revenge of the Nerds was Lamar Latrelle. Those were the good ol days when it wasn't thrown in your face.

How was it thrown in your face? And why do you and many other conservatives feel the need to tell the writers of this, or any other movie how their script should be written?
The whole basis of this thread and all the other threads like it is" oh man theres a gay character in this they musta just put them in it to piss me off"

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Jg513

That scene was put in there to pander to a small group and nothing more. It isn't a stance Disney is taking it isn't something they feel strongly about. That scene is not in the Chinese version.

And why do you and many other conservatives feel the need to tell the writers of this, or any other movie how their script should be written?

Yet, you have nothing to say about how the LGBT community that are complaining about how it should have been Poe and Fin or that it didn't go far enough. Hypocrite much?

All Disney cares about is money and people especially those in free countries can complain if they want. They can complain if they are conservatives or liberals. They can complain if they aren't either.
edit on 22-12-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Jg513

That scene was put in there to pander to a small group and nothing more. It isn't a stance Disney is taking it isn't something they feel strongly about. That scene is not in the Chinese version.

And why do you and many other conservatives feel the need to tell the writers of this, or any other movie how their script should be written?

Yet, you have nothing to say about how the LGBT community that are complaining about how it should have been Poe and Fin or that it didn't go far enough. Hypocrite much?

All Disney cares about is money and people especially those in free countries can complain if they want. They can complain if they are conservatives or liberals. They can complain if they aren't either.

The fact that it was a throw-in scene meant to pander is the problem. Everyone knows that's the *only* reason it's there and for no other reason. There is no high-mindedness. They didn't do it because "gays are everywhere" and thus it just seemed natural to them. They felt compelled to find a way to put it there in some form.

It's virtue signalling to show how much they "care" when really they otherwise wouldn't give it a second thought because naturally gays are less than 5% of the population. So is it there? Yes. Would it necessarily be in every movie, in every scene? No, not necessarily.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
To tell the truth!

Its a movie, and if it has two girls or two guys kissing in it.

I really really really really really really dont care.

But saying all that, haven't watched the movie yet. And there are plenty of other things in it, and about the whole star wars franchise, which would make me not want to watch it and to say to scrap the whole franchise, then two freaking people kissing, kids watching or no kids watching, seems silly and pointless at this day and age.

I mean you have alien frog people on there piloting space spam to shoot other space spam in a can. Its a freaking movie about alien species and a over dramatized space opera thats way past its prime and nearing its expiration date.

And your worried about two same sex people kissing? Who gives a flying funk.

If that # turns your kids gay. Then guess what...Maybe they were gay to begin with.

Crom dammit...I think ATS is getting stupider every time I visit, overly political tards everywhere and now this? But then again, cant remember a time since joining this site when that was not the case.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I don't think people understand that music and movies or anything in the media space are all made by using a formula. That formula is meant to get a reaction out of everyone. Remember the Token black guy? Well, it has upgraded to the Token same sex scene now. It's just part of the formula. They have to cater to everyone.

I for one don't care if it has something to do with the story but if it's just in there to be in there then why?

And to those saying about the original movies, "well he didn't know it was his sister at the time" LMFAO you do know it's a movie right? You do know someone had to sit there and come up with an idea and write it into the script right? So to say the two fictional characters in the movie had noooooo idea means absolutely nothing. The write knew and they put it in for all to see.

Anyway, these LGBTQWOASKFJWL+-/* need to just stop. The world does not revolve around them and all they do is spread hate and drama any way so I wouldn't be surprised they weren't happy with a scene catered towards them. Like that 16 yr old brat who wanted the brand new Mercedes for their birthday but they wanted the grey one and got a silver one instead, threw a fit because their ungrateful self got what they wanted, just not the right.....color.
edit on 23-12-2019 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

And to those saying about the original movies, "well he didn't know it was his sister at the time" LMFAO you do know it's a movie right? You do know someone had to sit there and come up with an idea and write it into the script right? So to say the two fictional characters in the movie had noooooo idea means absolutely nothing. The write knew and they put it in for all to see.

No one knows if Lucus meant for them to be twins. Major things changed between ESB and ROTJ. They almost had it end where Luke takes over the Empire as the new Emperor.

There are tons of deleted scenes in the original trilogy that would have changed up a lot of things. So, for you to claim that they knew... there is no way you could know.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Nobody cares, it hardly carries any weight with Star Wars fans and critics. Again a push to label Star Wars fans as intolerant. Star Wars fans care about the lore, story righting and characters. If there’s a bad character they will rip them apart, be it POD racing/best pilot kid Annie or jar jar bonks or Rey. Badly written characters with plot armor don’t do well in Star Wars, doesn’t matter who they kiss we are all fine with that lol. a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Although a new hope is more controversial, it had siblings making out.

a reply to: Grimpachi

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Having seen the film last night I am totally and utterly amazed that people are bothered by the sequence in question..

It's a clip towards the end during a celebration. Literally 3-5 seconds and somehow this is a point of contention for some folks.
edit on 23-12-2019 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
EXCELLENT!!! Seriously just excited as I can be that they did it because now when they finally do resurrect it (which they will) we can have inter species pedophilia kissing scenes. Chickens marrying storm troopers. Gay rights rebels. Space ships that are not AND NEVER WILL BE gender exclusive! Robots with penises and vaginas and other various sexual organs all over them. Penis's and vagina's EVERYWHERE! MAN THIS IS SO EXCITING!!! All that stuff. The only limit is our sexual imagination!

This is a real door opener!

Thnks Disney!

That reply is worthy an ape. Fortunately this world is ruled by miniorities which aren't apes.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Humans are apes.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

We'll be right where progressives want us to be... Hopefully common sense prevails and this crap stays in the bedroom and out of the public.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

What do you mean how is it different from a hetero kiss, is that a joke?

No dude, like most of America, I don't want my kids subjected to it. I don't even want to be subjected to it.

If you're into same sex stuff then that's fine, I couldn't care less. I draw the line when it starts being pushed out to shows that kids watch.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

Yeah except you are far more likely to encounter an African-American than you are an Letter Salad person + even if you do encounter the Letter Salad person, you'd never know because unless they're taking great pains to let you know they're Letter Salad or otherwise out and about about in circumstances that would make it clear, they look like everyone else.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The Greeks were some sick effers. Obviously you've only been told stories that gay relationships were the norm forever... But those people were into boys. Gay adult intercourse wasn't how you're thinking it was. Just like the animal kingdom you like to use for an example, the Greeks were they same way.

The most widespread and socially significant form of same-sex sexual relations in ancient Greece was between adult men and pubescent or adolescent boys, known as pederasty. The ancient Greeks did not conceive of sexual orientation as a social identifier as modern Western societies have done. Greek society did not distinguish sexual desire or behavior by the gender of the participants, but rather by the role that each participant played in the sex act, that of active penetrator or passive penetrated. This active/passive polarization corresponded with dominant and submissive social roles: the active (penetrative) role was associated with masculinity, higher social status, and adulthood, while the passive role was associated with femininity, lower social status, and youth.

Sure you wanna keep using that as your comparison? That crap ain't normal, dude. Wake up.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join