It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic same-sex kiss in 'The Rise of Skywalker' polarizes 'Star Wars' fans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: interupt42

a reply to: LSU2018

Homosexuality has been around since the beginning of mankind. The fact that some people are still not used to it is remarkable. .

That's not true and actually the opposite.

Most people don't give a rats arse about homesexuality. What they get annoyed about is taking their kids to watch a kids movie and irrelevant characters and irrelevant focus is placed on sexuality or sexuality, or color for no other reason than sjw bs.

They have overdone it and people are tired of being woke with everything they watch.

It's called zeitgeist. The film industry mirrors society, otherwise such films would not be successful. And in civilized open societies, the subject is only marginal. Of course you register as a hetero when two men or two women kiss, that's natural, but why should i be disgusted? And what exactly is so bad when children see something like that? .

The film industry is infested through and through with perverts like Weinstein who actually believe their behavior is the norm (spoiler alert: it is not) and are actually shocked when "woke" pictures like Dark Fate fail.

By your own logic, since their "woke" movies fail, the film industry DOES NOT mirror society (normal majority of society)
The problem is they do not stop at "equality" - that is NEVER the objective

The "slippery slope" is REAL. This "woke"/leftist film/communications industry is always pushing the boundaries into perversion: Cenk Uygur has already broached the bestiality limit- the next limit the Left will attack and try to normalize is Pedophilia. California already has its' NAMBLA group...

THAT is the disgusting part.

As a rule, cinema is neither left nor right, but always deals with the same topics: love, violence, jealousy, friendship, sex, hatred, war, space, monsters. In the most diverse ways. And that terrible things happen in this business is only logical. Where there is a lot of money there is a lot of power and where there is power there is abuse.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Chance321

They should have kept the original title: The Rise of SJW's. Wasn't planning on watching it, this just reinforces it.

Yeah I'm not watching it either... It's a shame Lucas didn't do the work and stick to the script. The first of this series was successful because it had Leia and Solo in it.

Why does a children's channel find it necessary to throw gay in there anyways? It's not a show about love, it's a show about science fiction. This pissed off gays because it was only 2 seconds. They pissed off progressives because they let two whities have the gay scene. And they pissed off everyone else for making it a point to throw it in there while it was unnecessary and off script. All they had to do is not include it at all.

Hopefully George or someone similar will remake the series and stick to the script, actually make it worth watching and have characters that don't look like something you find on Doc McStuffins or Vampirina.

If you think that's bad try YouTube kids. I set it up for my son the other day and the first thing we stumble upon is a boy thing putting on nail polish, which is fine.... but then all this weird gender neutral crap came on.

I mean really, keep the kids out of this crap. Where we going to be in twenty years when whackjobs act like biology is fake, or something, and all these kids are dumber than the last ten generations because of some apparent agenda?

I'm convinced a psyop is taking place with all these injections in all forms of mass consumed art.
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago4606699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: strongfp

Homosexuality is not everywhere. Maybe up in Canada things are different. Kids shouldn't be subjected to seeing this, it doesn't even fit into the script.

Name one single character in the Star Wars universe that's gay.

Kids subjected to seeing it?? What on earth...
You speak as if it damages them in some way. In what way is this kiss different from a heterosexual kiss? Why are you afraid of your children becoming aware of the existence of homosexuality?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

By definition, yes, what you state is technically a perversion of the natural sexual ideal order...i don't disagree. However it pale's in comparison to the more extreme form of it that is same-sex orientation.

Either way, going by your post, you seem to have grasped that it is in fact a perversion. Nuff said!

To be clear.. i have nothing against anyone who is LGBT, but i am against our societies glorification of this perversion, as well as others.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: interupt42

Homosexuality has been around since the beginning of mankind. The fact that some people are still not used to it is remarkable. .

That's not true and actually the opposite.

Most people don't give a rats arse about homesexuality. What they get annoyed about is taking their kids to watch a kids movie and irrelevant characters and irrelevant focus is placed on sexuality or sexuality, or color for no other reason than sjw bs.

They have overdone it and people are tired of being woke with everything they watch.

It's called zeitgeist. The film industry mirrors society, otherwise such films would not be successful. And in civilized open societies, the subject is only marginal. Of course you register as a hetero when two men or two women kiss, that's natural, but why should i be disgusted? And what exactly is so bad when children see something like that? .

The film industry is infested through and through with perverts like Weinstein who actually believe their behavior is the norm (spoiler alert: it is not) and are actually shocked when "woke" pictures like Dark Fate fail.

By your own logic, since their "woke" movies fail, the film industry DOES NOT mirror society (normal majority of society)
The problem is they do not stop at "equality" - that is NEVER the objective

The "slippery slope" is REAL. This "woke"/leftist film/communications industry is always pushing the boundaries into perversion: Cenk Uygur has already broached the bestiality limit- the next limit the Left will attack and try to normalize is Pedophilia. California already has its' NAMBLA group...

THAT is the disgusting part.

As a rule, cinema is neither left nor right, but always deals with the same topics: love, violence, jealousy, friendship, sex, hatred, war, space, monsters. In the most diverse ways. And that terrible things happen in this business is only logical. Where there is a lot of money there is a lot of power and where there is power there is abuse.

No, no and NO !!!

The majority Hollywood is far left/libtard central.
Who do you think you are fooling ?

Deny Ignorance

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

That brings up an interesting topic.
Why doesn't Hollywood have men making out in these movies?

How about fin and Poe laying some pipe in a supply closet?

When I heard about the same sex kiss I immediately thought it was going to be about Poe and Finn.
I could have understood the outrage then, because that would have been relatively out of nowhere and pandering, but this random kiss? It felt more like they were just saying “some people are gay here to”.

If your a huge fan and can’t accept that a few gays might exist just close your eyes for 3 seconds and move on.

The only ones acting outraged have been the LGBT community. They wanted the gay couple to be guys or of color. A white female and another white female of another species weren't enough for them.

Maybe you mean the outrage on this thread. Well, most of us are saying it should have been left out and maybe a few are outraged, but that will happen when people can give their full opinion.

To me, it was a mistake to add it into the film. It was simply pandering to a small faction and that faction is still complaining that it didn't go far enough. It would be better to simply leave it out and concentrate on writing a better story.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

It's not a perversion if it's the norm... That was my point. I'm saying these things are not perverse.

I'm against random inclusion of things to further a narrative, which I imagine this must be. I have admittedly never seen the movie. So there is that. I have no problem with a same-sex kiss. It's quite natural, in my opinion. I get the backlash, I suppose. I just don't see a huge problem with it.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Does Nancy Pelosi Imbibe in Vast Quantities of Alcohol on a Daily Basis ?.. Discuss ........

edit on 20-12-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

It’s really not everywhere. Evolution and a species survival means homosexuality has to be limited to a very small portion. The movie worked if you think it’s everywhere, but you probably wouldn’t be around if it was

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Does Nancy Pelosi Imbibe in Vast Quantities of Alcohol on a Daily Basis ?.. Discuss ........

Hard to say... She definitely fits the profile though.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Hard to say... She definitely fits the profile though.

Hey Man , I can Spot a " Rummy " a Mile Away . Know What I'm Sayin' ?.............)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yea.. cause two gay girls kissing is going to corrupt society. Should we go back to the good ol' days of imprisoning and oppressing gays? You know.. that great time when blacks still had their civil rights openly violated...

What's this social engineering at a deep subliminal level supposed to be achieving? Making us accept LGBTQ?

We should probably take the vote back from woman folk too..it just seems more wholesome that way!

edit on 20-12-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

"homosexuality" isn't bound to just humans, it's observed in other ape populations like bonobos for example. It's also observed in canine and some bird species.

It's a complex subject, but humans have been engaging in homosexuality for a very, very long time, it was quite celebrated in Greek culture. The term lesbian was a form of expressing a woman who shows true endearment towards another woman in where she becomes physically engaged with her. It was of course embraced since man on man closeness was frowned upon for the most part in human history.
Alexander the Great was known to have gay lovers, and be extremely physically engaged with his peers and military followers. Which is why he was probably so loved and adored.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The problem with using animal populations to justify your argument is that very often in nature its a matter of establishing group dominance and hierarchy and nothing at all to do with pair bonding or love like we are told it is in humans.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The same-sex kiss is edited out of the Chinese version.

There is nothing Disney won't do to make more money. Be it pandering to LGBT or China.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Bonobos do it for fun... so do dolphins.

Also, we are animals, just more complex. Put the fun / pleasure factor and mix in a strong dose of dominance, and hierarchy, you have humans. The similarities are rather perplexing... sorry didn't want to go full on Jordan Peterson, but we are simply just, as ai said, animals.
edit on 20-12-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
That's not really what Star Wars is all about.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   
It might end up as a spin-off - 'Star Whores'

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Bonobos use sex to cement their social hierarchy. It takes the place of fighting.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
"horny" is NOT a complex subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join