It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic same-sex kiss in 'The Rise of Skywalker' polarizes 'Star Wars' fans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Fools
Kudos to Disney for showing How the Universe really works.

No.
How less than 4% of the population "works".

The Universe is a big place!

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I haven't like any of them since Hans Solo was murdered. I'll wait for this installment to be available FREE online.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think everyone is missing the point here...

The question is...

If two lesbians kiss in a movie and nobody is in the theatre to watch the movie, did they really kiss?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Huge Star Wars fan here and I could care less if there’s a couple gays kissing in the background.

In a galactic civilization I’d be more surprised they were of the same species to tell you the truth, and no one ever cared about Captain Kirk laying pipe all around the local systems.

I challenge any guy in here to name a film that wouldn’t be improved with a couple ladies making out.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The right: get the government out of our lives!
Also, the right: same-sex relationships should be banned!

And this is coming from someone on the right...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

but the LGBT crowd were mad because they didn't make Elsa gay in Frozen II.

I would agree that is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Awww thats cute. I stopped watching this crap after the garbage that was the 7th film. When the new generations have zero talent all they can do is go back and co-opt real stuff and then ruin it with moronic agendas.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

That brings up an interesting topic.
Why doesn't Hollywood have men making out in these movies?

How about fin and Poe laying some pipe in a supply closet?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Well it's in a Galaxy far far away so - it may not be the same race?.

But yup that's 21st century Disney for you, next Pocohontas will be turned into a burly native prince or something and God help poor old Sleeping Beauty (a long beard there and the retake on the idea would probably involve a space ship, cryostasis chamber and a macho robot for the new age PC oppress the ordinary thinking people crowd and push the twisted agenda onto them), as for Rapunzel they will probably turn that into a 1960's hippy man that is saved by a handsome prince, well it's get's lonely in that tower prison cell I guess.

I think they should change there name to Dismay because though they are probably still playing basket ball with there founders frozen head I believe he would very much disapprove, he wanted to create wholesome entertainment and this is not it.

What is the world coming too, too late it's already there and it's all the way downhill from here right into the fires of Mustafar, ah who knew the dark side was so strong.
Except in the real world it is not, this is a conscious choice to indoctrinate, expose and manipulate the largely younger audience with subliminal programming.

edit on 20-12-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
I challenge any guy in here to name a film that wouldn’t be improved with a couple ladies making out.

Schindler's List...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That brings up an interesting topic.
Why doesn't Hollywood have men making out in these movies?

How about fin and Poe laying some pipe in a supply closet?

When I heard about the same sex kiss I immediately thought it was going to be about Poe and Finn.
I could have understood the outrage then, because that would have been relatively out of nowhere and pandering, but this random kiss? It felt more like they were just saying “some people are gay here to”.

If your a huge fan and can’t accept that a few gays might exist just close your eyes for 3 seconds and move on.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Hey , if these SICK PEOPLE can Make Jesus Gay in their Minds , there is No Limit to their FICTIONS ...........

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Any movie with Kathy Bates in it?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Resistance, the greatest story ever told, king of king's, Moses (the second version DeMille never bettered), ET, STAR WARS, Journey to the center of the earth - lot's of scantily clad lady's no need for them to trade brain parasites with one another.

Meh, It's whatever is in the water, food and air - you know population control, crowd anesthetic to make them more pliant and make them think they are free when in fact they are sheep in the corporate abattoir, keep them divided so they never look at who has really done this to them and enact there righteous revenge in a remake of the french revolution.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It's not about who it's about the film being part of a corruption of western society, social engineering at a deep subliminal level like Gay book's for toddlers in day care and other corruption's pushed by a sick and very twisted minority that are oppressing the majority NOT FOR FREEDOM but for there own personal gratification, first they got the aimless idiot's that fight for any cause to think they were doing good then they stood back and laughed as it snowballed out of proportion.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Schindler's List...

Considering that Hitler sent the gays to the camps too. It would make perfect sense to have that scene there though.

Honestly, I care less about the idea that you had some lesbian characters there than that they shoe-horned the scene in just to show their prog cred.

I mean isn't the one the character who had the pseudo-romance going on with Finn, enough she attempted to sacrifice herself for him at the end of the last movie? ... nevermind, that piece had a very click-baity image on it, and it's some other person entirely.
edit on 20-12-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

a reply to: Fools
Kudos to Disney for showing How the Universe really works.

No.
How less than 4% of the population "works".

The Universe is a big place!

Yes, and still less than 4%

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

It's like the line from an NPC in a video game where you're out in a new galaxy and the character actually says they changed genders, so they decided to come to the new galaxy ... New me; new galaxy.

*facepalm*

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yea.. cause two gay girls kissing is going to corrupt society. Should we go back to the good ol' days of imprisoning and oppressing gays? You know.. that great time when blacks still had their civil rights openly violated...

What's this social engineering at a deep subliminal level supposed to be achieving? Making us accept LGBTQ?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I haven't watched the movie yet but I'll be honest... as a guy I have no issues watching 2 good looking females kiss. But 2 guys kissing... eww no thanks. Just how I'm built, sorry not sorry.

But as others have pointed out, it's not so much these little scenes themselves that are the problem, it's the fact that the people in charge are so obviously determined to check off/include their massive checklist of "progressive easter eggs" to appease the minorities, no matter how out-of-place and in-our-faces the scenes/characters are, story-be-damned.

And the fact that they did such a horrible job with the story just makes all the other rubbish stand out even more.

So far, the best thing to come out of the Disney era Star Wars is The Mandalorian series -- and that's primarily thanks to Jon Favreau and Deborah Chow -- who together should really be put in charge of the entire Star Wars universe (please just get rid of Kathleen Kennedy).
edit on 20/12/19 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join