It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic same-sex kiss in 'The Rise of Skywalker' polarizes 'Star Wars' fans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
At least it doesn't have a trans-gender Wookie teaching the force to young jedi (or does it? Who the force care anymore) Also I always though Ewoks were bi-sexual so they made out at the end on RotJ, so why make a big deal out of this? Here if anyone want to see a much better movie with robots in it, go see "HeartBeeps". At least it doesn't try and shove "snowflake agenda" down your throat over story.

Disney is slated to make three more... I'm sure we'll see something similar... But now you're just giving them ideas, lol.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Can’t we just leave the kissing completely out of Star Wars? I don’t want to see that crap. Why is it that Disney and ABC always have to gay things up? They literally go out of their way to gross people out.

Star wars has had that all throughout the movies. Do homosexuals really change anything ?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You're comparing real life standards to science fiction.

Not to mention, those two human beings you're talking about, that aren't hurting anyone, were behind the forces that were doing the killing, or killing people themselves.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

My was sarcasm too.
I get tired of being told I'm a homophobe or sexist because I criticise a movie or show with gays or women.

Buffy had several strong women characters and my favorite was the gay witch.

There are too many movies today that add scenes for diversity and fail miserably because they feel forced.
Forced...ha
I haven't seen the scene from the op but I bet it will feel forced and not fit.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Do homosexuals really change anything ?

Men's fashion.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You're talking about a movie series in which Luke passionate kissed his own sister (albeit before they knew they were siblings) in Empire Strikes Back. While the prequel and sequel trilogies lost me as a fan, mainly due to my disgust over George Lucas' fickle cannon revisions and alterations to the original trilogy, concerns over two chicks kissing in the latest movie strikes me as a silly thing to expend energy complaining about.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What a weird thing to say. Sex may not be a bad thing, but then why is it that people become uncomfortable around it. Let's say the people next door are very loud while making love. It makes for awkwardness during the event, and afterwards.

Let's look at killing now. If your neighbors were being killed, you just call the cops to deal with it, then talk about it for the next few weeks like it was no big deal.

Even in sexually open societies, having people just out in the open doing the deed, causes most people to look away, while a death causing accident will cause people to look-e-loo the scene. I remember in Ethics class we talked about this, and one person had an idea that it was because we find life so contemptuous that we find creating a new life sickening, while when a person dies we are jealous that the person no longer has to deal with life. To be fair the person was arrested for wanting to kill a few people at their work, but that's besides the point.

If all things were equal "Saving Private Ryan" should be as acceptable to watch as "Saving Ryan's Privates". Though back on topic of Star Wars, again who the force cares. This is a movie franchise that had a brother wanting to get it on with his sister. Sure we can all say that they didn't know, but the force knew … that sick perverted energy that knows it all … it knew.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The gay community has all the same rights. The Civil Rights movement was about giving rights to people who didn't have any...

But I agree with you about humans being horny... Lord knows that's a fact.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Name one single character in the Star Wars universe that's gay.

C3PO is far too prissy to not be gay and you have to admit Jar Jar Binx comes off as light in the loafers.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You just don't wanna see it because you're a homophone.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Can’t we just leave the kissing completely out of Star Wars? I don’t want to see that crap. Why is it that Disney and ABC always have to gay things up? They literally go out of their way to gross people out.

Star wars has had that all throughout the movies. Do homosexuals really change anything ?

No they haven't. They've had it twice and it led to two of the main characters. Kinda of a necessary part to add to the script.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You're comparing real life standards to science fiction.

Not to mention, those two human beings you're talking about, that aren't hurting anyone, were behind the forces that were doing the killing, or killing people themselves.

My point was that you're worried about kissing in a movie about war and killing..

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

No they haven't. They've had it twice and it led to two of the main characters. Kinda of a necessary part to add to the script.

So they've had kissing twice.. and now one more.

And why is this news???

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

LOL! Yeah one of my favorite characters from Revenge of the Nerds was Lamar Latrelle. Those were the good ol days when it wasn't thrown in your face.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

i saw it last night and must have missed this , i thought it was gonna be about R2d2 plugging into c3po finally (he did it to restore his memory lol)

on poe and finn he literally hit on/flirted with every one in his orbit ,he hit on rose ,then that random new black chick sort of seemed to be flirting with rey and then ended up with no one but seemed to be more inclined to like the new former stormtrooper black lady that was stuck on endor

poe seemed to really wanan get into the pants of that new space bounty hunter/ resistance chick (i didnt catch a name)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You're right about him throwing the movies off, and Disney botched them even worse. But it was a part that doesn't even fit into the movie, that's why people are talking about it.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The kiss was thrown in there to mark off some check box to satisfy a small group.

It added nothing to the story.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Name one single character in the Star Wars universe that's gay.

C3PO is far too prissy to not be gay and you have to admit Jar Jar Binx comes off as light in the loafers.

Tee hee!

Yeah the first thought that came to my mind, and I almost mentioned it, was that Jar Jar comes close. 3PO definitely prisses around but he's an android and doesn't feel compassion.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You just don't wanna see it because you're a homophone.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

I know what it means. I was being sarcastic in my post. Homophone sounds funnier than homophobe. At least to me it does.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Because it doesn't lead to a character.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join