It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic same-sex kiss in 'The Rise of Skywalker' polarizes 'Star Wars' fans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Fools
Kudos to Disney for showing How the Universe really works.

No.
How less than 4% of the population "works".

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Of course they will. No progressive would ever take responsibility for their screw ups.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I watch lots of movies with women kissing and im right wing.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Yay!
Background characters that mean absolutely nothing to the story line kissed!

Represent!
I guess...
Whatever...

Still can't say I want to see the movie.

You just don't wanna see it because you're a homophone. Admit it. And sexist because a girl is the main character.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Uh, didn't they already have a kiss between brother and sister?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

2 white wimmin. That's why the gay community is in an uproar, they didn't use the black and Hispanic dudes even though they almost kissed (according to some who watched it).

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

People don't walk around with a big sign openly admitting they are gay you know. Maybe where you live people are perhaps afraid to admit it? Which is a whole other issue.

The books and games, which were made canon when JJ made the first new film of the batch from Lucas himself. Which opened up a whole whack of characters that were bisexual, in relationships with other species, gay, transpecies, you name it. Just no-one actually cared. It's tough to get a definitive list, but here's what I found.

www.thewrap.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Good thing no one showed you how Frozen 2 opened up millions of children around world about European colonialism... oops.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Yay!
Background characters that mean absolutely nothing to the story line kissed!

Represent!
I guess...
Whatever...

Still can't say I want to see the movie.

You just don't wanna see it because you're a homophone. Admit it. And sexist because a girl is the main character.

Yep.. I'm a "homophone" lol

And yeah..
I didn't watch the following multiple times.
Buffy
Underworld
Hunger games
Resident evil

It must be the ladies...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
A lot of TV shows in America have parts with gay people in their cast. People have this notion that about twenty plus percent or more of Americans are lgbtq but in actuality there is less than five percent. So, why so many gay people in Hollywood productions? In our area there are probably about three to four percent of the population that fit into the LGBTQ definition. Most of them do not advertise that they are gay, understanding the majority of people are not comfortable with it.

Evidently the greatest deception promotor in the country, Hollywood, wants us to believe there are way more of these people than there are since so many shows have gay people in their cast. Is there that many Gays in Hollywood? Is California that far off with the rest of the country percentage wise or is it just that Gays there have BSed the producers that there is a lot more gay people watching TV than straight people.

I have nothing against those with different sexual preferences, but I do not want them shoving their way down my throat, I do not have to bow down to them and they do not have to bow down to me. It is there life, I respect their ability to choose the way they want to be. But so many people think there are way more LGBTQ than there really is, and many of the Bi's do turn straight when they get older. Remember, some of the less than five percent figures come from prison inmates.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

To Luke's defense, she was the only female and they'd never met before. They lived on different planets.

I mean, what if you met a hot chick at the bar and she was from Proxima Centauri, and after y'all honked each other's horns later that night, you found out she was your sister?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Can’t we just leave the kissing completely out of Star Wars? I don’t want to see that crap. Why is it that Disney and ABC always have to gay things up? They literally go out of their way to gross people out.
edit on 2019/12/20 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
At least it doesn't have a trans-gender Wookie teaching the force to young jedi (or does it? Who the force care anymore) Also I always though Ewoks were bi-sexual so they made out at the end on RotJ, so why make a big deal out of this? Here if anyone want to see a much better movie with robots in it, go see "HeartBeeps". At least it doesn't try and shove "snowflake agenda" down your throat over story.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: blueman12

Why is sex in a kids movie worse than science fiction war in a kids movie? You serious?

Why is sex bad? It's natural to kiss and share love. It's not natural to kill other human beings..

Science fiction war? Last i remember.. people were cut in half with light sabers, burned with flamethrowers, and thousands dying over an empire trying to achieve its agenda of "peace".

And you're worried about two human beings (not hurting anyone) sharing their intimate feelings through physical interaction such as kissing..

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

That's exactly right. They don't hold up a big sign, so why the need for Star Wars to do so? I don't hold up a big sign expressing my heterosexualism either. And you linked video games. I was talking about the movies. There aren't any gay characters.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That was sarcasm, lol.

Underworld is one of my top 5 favorite franchises.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The SJW progressive bubble are mad about a lot of things with TROS.

They sidelined Rose Tico after she sabotaged the rebellion/resistance when Fin was about to save the day then sexually assaulted him. There are some funny theories online that she was a double agent.

I read that the Millenium Falcon kept crashing and catching on fire in this one because of the piece Rey took out of it.

Kathleen Kennedy is pissed because she wanted Rey to wind up being some godlike being at the end but Bob Igor said hell no.

I am not going to watch the movie but when some of the Youtube reviews from those like the Critical Drinker come out I will watch those.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
A lot of TV shows in America have parts with gay people in their cast. People have this notion that about twenty plus percent or more of Americans are lgbtq but in actuality there is less than five percent. So, why so many gay people in Hollywood productions? In our area there are probably about three to four percent of the population that fit into the LGBTQ definition. Most of them do not advertise that they are gay, understanding the majority of people are not comfortable with it.

Evidently the greatest deception promotor in the country, Hollywood, wants us to believe there are way more of these people than there are since so many shows have gay people in their cast. Is there that many Gays in Hollywood? Is California that far off with the rest of the country percentage wise or is it just that Gays there have BSed the producers that there is a lot more gay people watching TV than straight people.

I have nothing against those with different sexual preferences, but I do not want them shoving their way down my throat, I do not have to bow down to them and they do not have to bow down to me. It is there life, I respect their ability to choose the way they want to be. But so many people think there are way more LGBTQ than there really is, and many of the Bi's do turn straight when they get older. Remember, some of the less than five percent figures come from prison inmates.

That's all Hollywood... They're full of pedophiles and cater to the gay community and other progressive organizations.

Like you, I couldn't care less if two people of the same sex are in love or like each other, but there's no need to push it in almost every show. They even do it in IT Chapter 2.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The history of homosexuals in the US is why scenarios like pride parades exist, and it's seems like they are shoving it down your throat, but it has a deeper meaning.

For example, million man march for civil rights. It wasn't about getting civil rights, or being treated equal it was more about; LOOK WE ARE HERE AND THERE'S LOTS OF US! And we want to be given opportunities as well!

The history of the LGBTLMNOQ what ever it is now, isn't very pretty. Anyways...

I knew you would bring up the technicality as in 'movies', which is why I differentiated between the two, and Lucasarts gave the OK to allow more characters into the movies, which also gave way to all the gay, and transpecies, and what ever.

Either way, it's a kiss, and lesbians exist, they have for who knows how long. Humans are just horny.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Pretty much... I can understand the hook up between Leia and Solo because they had a kid later. I can understand the hook up between Padame and Anakin because they had a kid later.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join