It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic same-sex kiss in 'The Rise of Skywalker' polarizes 'Star Wars' fans

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well, controversial kiss aside, at least they all seem to agree that the film itself sucks.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Many people pretend to get killed in film...
No issue
2 lady kiss....omg the end of the world....

Mkay

If they want to put a random gay kiss in there, they could at least give people a heads up. That way those who want to avoid something like that can avoid it. IMO, it's less about the kiss and more about finding a way to fit two gay people in the scene, plot be damned. I also wouldn't want my 3 year old watching a Disney movie and seeing a tit pop out. If they can't keep things kid friendly then they need to find a different movie to remake.

How would they do that?

its literally 3 seconds in the last few minutes of the movie.
Should they have paused the movie prior to the scene and flashed up a warning?
Should they have plastered it all over prior to the movie ? "Warning this film has a gay 3 seconds in it"

The kid friendly thing is hysterical to me...
Yup, we can blow up a planet killing everyone on it..that's kid friendly.
Sure, we can show people being shot, maimed, stabbed with light sabers, electrocuted , roughed up..100% kid friendly.
OMGBLURGETBHN ~ 2 women kissed for 3 seconds..THIS IS NOT KID FRIENDLY.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
so - just to clarify :

anakin kills 30 kids = ok

same sex kiss = not ok

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
I dunno, seems like most people missed the scene altogether, I think people are making a nothing, into a something..your kids don't care, nor are they going to catch the gay over it.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The only reason I saw the kiss is because I heard about it before I went to the movie. It's literally a "blink and you'll miss it" thing.

And for those of you spouting the 5% stat, the scene probably reflects that perfectly, more than likely even less. There are about 100 people in that scene, and only 2 are showing same-sex attraction.

I'm just more alarmed no one is bitching about the giant slug.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: angrypsycho1977

Fun fact the Rose Tico was replaced by the penis slug in this poster.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

I'm wondering where your preconceived ideas about sexual intercourse were derived from

From nature, from biological reproduction.

In the Biblical sense, perversion is defined as any sexual activity outside of matrimony

As i stated, natural biological reproduction, i wasnt talking about the bible.

Sex in any form is only a perversion when it's done outside of marriage

Yes, according to the bible, again, i was talking according to biology... biology is fact and we both know what facts dont care about!

Furthermore, you contradict yourself...

In the Biblical sense, perversion is defined as any sexual activity outside of matrimony. Fornication, Adultery, Homosexuality
but

Millions of married couples performing sexual activity is not a perversion
according to the bible, homosexuality is a perversion, married or not. you seem to be confusing perversion with some ethical or moral standard. It has nothing to do with it, this a misconception... look at the actual definition of the word. Not the modern day misuse of it! Perversion - "distortion or corruption of the original course, meaning, or state of something".

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
so - just to clarify :

same sex kiss = not ok

What if instead Anakin kissed all those kids?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Did he?

If not, don't understand your point.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Did he?

If not, don't understand your point.

I gather that.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Definition of Perversion
noun
"distortion or corruption of the original course, meaning, or state of something"

you're a hypocrite for suggesting other people are wrong in their own homes

Doesnt change the fact it still a perverted behaviour of the intended biological nature of said act.

Like you've never masturbated. Please. Looks like we're all hellbound, I suppose.
If you wanna bring religion into it then yes, according to Judaism all souls will spend time in hell to clean their sins before entering heaven, its normal. Very few souls have lived an entire life completely free of all sin (you can count them on one hand). But why bring religion into it in the first place?

Can we speak honestly?

Please

Humans have sex for years and years before making the choice of having a child. That's normal. Not perverse.

Because something is normal, doesnt mean its not perverse. Sorry to crash your delicate sensibilities.

Would you ever EVER marry someone you've never had sex with?

There are millions of who people would say the opposite, Would you ever EVER have sex with someone you've never married? Who's to say whats 'normal'?

PS. Ive noticed many on ATS are confused.... seem to think that if something is normal that it is taboo and cannot possibly be wrong or perverted or unethical etc... well, whats considered 'normal' is a temporary social construct that changes with time. Child sacrifice used to be normal in many parts of the world thousands of years ago, loving Hitler was considered normal if you were a german in the 1930's etc etc.... normal has nothing to do with biological fact! Hnce the saying, facts dont care about your feelings! ;-)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So fill me in..I'm dumb.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Many people pretend to get killed in film...
No issue
2 lady kiss....omg the end of the world....

Mkay

If they want to put a random gay kiss in there, they could at least give people a heads up. That way those who want to avoid something like that can avoid it. IMO, it's less about the kiss and more about finding a way to fit two gay people in the scene, plot be damned. I also wouldn't want my 3 year old watching a Disney movie and seeing a tit pop out. If they can't keep things kid friendly then they need to find a different movie to remake.

Have you seen the film?
I have
It is not " featured" in any way
It is clearly in the background with large groups of people celebrating

Interesting you failed to address the violence
Ps
If they hadnt told you
You would not know
What sex are all those aliens that were celebrating?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Well, controversial kiss aside, at least they all seem to agree that the film itself sucks.

Lol
It is awesome
I thought it was great and made the 2 previous ones better

So no there is no agreement that you speak of

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

one would expect an even bigger crapstorm from the wingnuts -- about peadophilia and other things

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The main problem is that the original trilogy is timeless, it was an escape of all the things wrong with the world not a reminder of them, it didn't need to have a commentary or nod to social issues of the time, if it had it would have aged horribly

Sometimes it's like things such as the kiss, which doesn't bother me, is jammed in there to simply make a corporation appear to be upto date with the world and how its changing. If a company is selling a product or "thing" doesn't appear to be like that, it can hurt profits...they could t give two hoots about the actual issues. Same goes for all the new aliens that are on screen for literal seconds=more merch for Disney to sell.

Star Wars is Star Wars....the latest trilogies dally with such currently issues, will probably make it age horribly and it didn't do anything for the narrative or story, then again narrative, story arcs and character development seem to have been forgotten anyway.

It was more than likely a descion made by execs to appear hip and cool with current generations rather than a genuine interest in causes such as those.

edit on p09650192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
Do not listen to them. There is no proof that Anie killed any kids, as we never saw him kill any.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect
Innocent till proven guilty!

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
so - just to clarify :

same sex kiss = not ok

What if instead Anakin kissed all those kids?

The Box Office take in DC would be record breaking...

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Saw the film, really enjoyed it!
Missed the kiss all these people are so supposedly freaked about.
Guess you had to go in looking for the lesbian scenes?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join