It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving to Vegas need tips

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hey man, let me know when you get here. Maybe we can meet up and drive around town. I'm not much into aircraft but I still like seeing them fly by.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

The first will have the RAF and RAAF there usually, the second may see some foreign players, but at least one is only US. Every few years the last one includes unusual countries like Israel or the UAE. You'll get some of the foreign countries that have bases in the US there too. Next week I'll let you know who all is coming to 20-1.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That would be great...any chance I get to see Raptors in person is a good day! Also seeing some of the troop insertion manuvers those C-130Js do are some gravity/physics defying stuff especially the ones sporting the boosters. Do they do any skyhook stuff or is that more of a Specops not for civilians to see sorta thing?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

They actually put a stop to that. Too many injuries. There's a great video from a JFEX a couple years ago of a C-17 rolling in low level with an A-4 chasing him. I believe there are two day exercises, one for each Weapons class. One is in June, one just happened.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm not really a go and gamble for the hell of it kinda guy tbh...its fun occasionally though as long as you have limits. I'm moving out here as a lighting tech for live events so it's all about making money not giving it away lol.

Say hello to all my IATSE 720 brothers.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I may be one soon if things go how I'd like. I met a board member in Nashville on a Freeman gig this year and told him of my plans to move out there. He was impressed with my work and said I'd fit right in. I know we may not agree politically on here but a brother is a brother with IATSE. I used to be local 285 out of Hampton area until I left for New Mexico. I thought about rejoining in Nashville after my stint with LMG but they mostly kick carpet and built booths there so I didn't go for it. Maybe I'll catch you in Cali if I pick up anything that brings me out that way seeing my new proximity.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

You just missed Aviation Nation. I'm damn glad I went this year, because it looks like there won't be another one until 2022 or 2023. Edwards starts again next year though, so that'll make up for it.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I live here in Vegas... List of must see

Red Rock Canyon...Valley of Fire... Rachel Nevada about two hyrs from strip.... Lake Meade... Youre close to Utah, great sites up there... Boulder city, big horn sheep out there... Dont forget AZ hr drive and you close to Grand Canyon.. I love it here, great outdoor state excepy late May to late Sept...damn its hot then.. a reply to: RickyD

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Where are you brother?a reply to: v3g4S

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Can't catch an all I guess...i intend to still be out there in 22 and 23 so unless things really go sideways I'll be at the next one! What goes on at Edwards when they start back up?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You have Creech airforce base... I believe top drone base in country..a reply to: RickyD

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

Oh yea we know all about the outdoor stuff! And me and the wife both snowboard so super excited about being back near the Rockies...i lived in Taos for 7 years and the wife is from there. Also already planning on a Grand Canyon trip as soon as we can! Neither of us have been.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

That's very exciting as I haven't really gotten to see any of them anywhere I've lived!

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Forgot... Mt. Charleston..highest point in Southern NV... Nice ski resort and site seeing..a reply to: RickyD

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: v3g4S

Will do man...always good to meet locals. Honestly it'll be the first time I've ever met anyone from ATS too!

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

They used to have lots of the NASA test aircraft, their ER-2, most of the stuff being tested at Edwards for the Air Force, plus all the flying acts. Next year they'll have the F-35 Demo Team, and Thunderbirds for certain. It's too early for much more on the schedule though.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Creech is pretty cool, but not easy to spot at. They only really have one area you can park at without them coming out.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Its at the Ft. of Mt Charleston.. Not sure if you have a site advantage from top of mountain...worth a shot though..a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

That's neat...one of the few threads I've made here was back when I was in Orlando. Woke up for work to the most insane looking "thing" in the sky. Turns out it was a launch from Kennedy at dusk which for us was dark out but for the vapor trail it was day time lol. If you've ever seen that before and not known what it was it surprised the absolute hell outta me! NASA stuff can make for some of the coolest sightings.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Park and walk maybe...either that or optics from the mountain I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join