It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look out Willy Wonka, I made home made marshmallows

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Be sure and use Organic corn starch, Organic corn syrup, and Organic sugar. That is, unless you want toxic roundup mallows.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I would love to but I am so very bad at technology.
This site does not make it easy either.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Crunchy. I do not care much for soft cookies. To me a cookie should be crunchy.
You?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Apricot preserves that have been reduced. Just the right amount of sweet. You find that combo of dark chocolate with apricot in italian cookies.
You're gonna have to clarify that creme brulee marshmallow because once you add that blow torch its just another toasted marshmallow, though high tech compared to a camp fire. LOL.
And cheese in a s'mores? No, some things should just never be done.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

And save me a piece of cheesecake please. This New Yorker grew up on it.
I am sad because my springform pan got dented and now the sides and the bottom don't match up and it leaks.
edit on 12202019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Crunchy. I do not care much for soft cookies. To me a cookie should be crunchy.
You?

Depends on the cookie, I guess. I prefer soft cookies, or at least soft in the middle.

Chips ahoy, crunchy.
Peanut butter or oatmeal raisin, soft.
White chocolate macadamia, soft.
Raspberry cheesecake cookie, soft.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Cooking thread w no pics?

I am disappoint.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I love meringue, I love key lime pie. I have never made it. I have made lemon meringue pies though. I buy Edwards Key Lime Pie frozen and everybody loves it.

While I was making the marshmallows there was a point where the mixture was not quite set up and was more liquidy or flowing and it reminded me of my aunts seven minute frosting which was made with egg whites instead of gelatin but tasted marshmallowy just the same. She used to frost her devils food cake with it for every holiday. It was so good.
I miss Aunt Anna.

I am thinking of trying chocolate marshmallows next.

I made macaroons last week. They were pretty good too but it takes forever to chew coconut lol. Each cookie was a workout for the jaw. I dipped the bottoms in melted chocolate.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I highly recommend if you like marshmallow these are so much better.
Soft and fresh and they leave white powdered sugar on your lips.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Ok I dont have a campfire handy by I have a stove. I am going to melt one and I will let you know.

Going out to the yard to find a stick.

update
they toast great. I made mind light golden and the outside hardened up while the center melted. Just what you want in a toasted marshmallow.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
They look good, Silly.
Dip 'em in chocolate!

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Ok I dont have a campfire handy by I have a stove. I am going to melt one and I will let you know.

Going out to the yard to find a stick.

We have a kitchen woodstove and I can open the front of the firebox and cook hotdogs and marshmallows.

I gave away the little sterno stoves I had to my granddaughter, she has used it to cook marshmallows over the last three years.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Sorry. There are only a few left so it wont be a good photo now anyway.

The recipe called for three packets of unflavored gelatin and the box came with four so I have to buy more next time I am out so I can make them again. I will see if I can get one of my kids to upload a picture then.
But really they did look just like that photo.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I have a fireplace. But my luck they would melt all over the hearth.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

mmmmm. I was thinking of those cookies shaped like flowers.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

When I was 3 or 4 I had befriended an elderly woman who was the parents of my grandparents friends at the time. They had know each other from showing dogs together, anyways I had become really fond of this old lady in a short amount of time, always wanted to visit with her if they were going over. She loved marshmallows, she'd always offer them to me when I was over, wasn't the biggest fan of them but I still partook.

Long story short, she passed away, it was the first time I had known someone to die, I still didn't fully understand it.

They told me she choked and died on a marshmallow, I don't hate them or anything now, but I do stop and think about her pretty much any time I encounter them.

edit on 20-12-2019 by Lysergic because: mallows?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I have a fireplace. But my luck they would melt all over the hearth.

As long as you do not wind up tossing the flaming marshmallow onto the sofa as you are trying to blow it out and have to try to explain what happened to the fire department.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I've made that seven minute frosting and it is good, but the marshmallow recipe is also more dense than that.

You should seriously try your own Key Lime pie. The ones that are sold are often way way too sweet for my taste. I lived in Florida and got to sample every version of key lime. The best ones highlighted the sour, with just a little sweet. Too much sugar ruins it for me.

Sounds funny, but to this day the Key Lime Mango pie Public grocery store sells is one of my favorites.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

mmmmm. I was thinking of those cookies shaped like flowers.

How about putting them on a graham cracker, then dipping them in chocolate!

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

And save me a piece of cheesecake please. This New Yorker grew up on it.
I am sad because my springform pan got dented and now the sides and the bottom don't match up and it leaks.

I'll try! It's for a family gathering tomorrow and was specifically requested, plus I have to try to save a piece for someone special.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join