It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Jet Has Twin Square Exhaust?....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Doubtful. There would have been some word making the rounds that it was out there. There was talk that something MIGHT be declassified, but that was only a couple months ago. It can take years to get it done.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Black Watcher

do you have a date and time yet so we can check the trafiic logs ? also we need to take into account that aircraft are over the top on route to fairford

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I have a feeling he meant JP-7. From what I see online Lakenheath is pretty much watched all the time. I'd say Lossiemouth would be the best bet to hide something in the event of an emergency. At nighttime I doubt the caravan park or town would notice that much coming in darkness. Nice sized hangars there as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Yes I did mean JP-7 sorry. I can't recall the exact date only late summer. So are there no tankers in service that still use the special thanks that the Q tankers used, were they converted back? Or could JP-8 be used in the JP-7 tanks but not visa versa?

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I'm really looking forward to when what I saw is bought out in the open white world and I can then dig out this thread and say, there you go, that's what I saw in late 2019 :-) here's hoping. I feel that maybe if we follow the food, we'll find out or see what eats it......

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

U.S. took back their property from China when Chinese hackers stole and replicated U.S. mil. aircraft.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Zaph, when the SR-71 was stationed at Mildenhall was a well know fact that is was there from day 1 or was it kept secret that is was stationed there until it was slowly made public so to speak

Just thinking if a blackbird at Mildenhall could be kept quite just wondering if there is a slight possibility something else could of snuck in there for a while despite the area being built up and the numbers of spotters roaming about

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

There was something around still using JP-7 as they were ordering it after Blackbird retired. Zaph just said the Q's became T's so they'll still be around. Who knows with advancement in tech and fuel technology they might be able to use any tanker now. You can try following the tankers but it would be hard. A fast mover now might be able to take off fully loaded now and not need refuelling straight after take off. It could be out way over the Atlantic now before it's needs a tanker unlike Blackbird which took off quite empty.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

That would be first choice, with Fairford second. Lakenheath or Mildenhall would be last resort choices.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The T model is the Q model, with the new engines. That's all they changed.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

The Blackbird was known to fly out of all their locations once each Det was formed. From 1976-1982 Det 4 was allowed to fly out of Mildenhall for 20 days at a time. In 1982 it became a permanent Det. She was pretty hard to hide, so they generally didn't try to.
edit on 12/23/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Pretty sure Lossiemouth had some nice visitors around 3-4 years ago as well

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Had an interesting adventure involving white shorts suddenly and rapidly turning brown too.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Wonder how bad it actually was though considering the eventual outcome. Maybe the competition played it up more than it was.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Such a cool concept, I remember that from around the early 00s.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I actually heard it through other sources and it sounded pretty bad. Cost was the ultimate decider. They're able to keep their production costs down, partly because of previous experience.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black Watcher
I think you just found her...........SR-72?

No and much older, allegedly.
Sorta doubt it's still around if it ever was. But I heard crazier stories.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
When 3-D printing became a reputable production method, it changed a lot in the way how parts were manufactured. You better believe the US was constantly chasing the edge of what was possible..

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight
If "older" is like something Black Watcher saw, I can't imagine what successor capacity will do

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Im still in awe they have an Sr72 already..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join