It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Joker Really Hit Close To home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The joker really hit close to home. His struggle with mental illness really paralleled my own in a way. The part where he couldn't get his medication anymore. I have that same worry. I've seen services cut like that. Being fired from his job. I had the same thing happen to me. When he visited the mental hospital it looked just like the one I was in. I even have the same resentments about society.

My mom has lung cancer and my grandmother has Alzheimer's. I take care of my grandmother full time and I do what I can to help my mom. Even his crummy apartment reminded me of where I'm probably going to end up.

The only thing I can say is at least I have a grip on my illness. In the hospital I've seen people like him that laugh and cry at the same time.

Joaquin Phoenix played the role perfectly.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
there was some concern that this would inspire oddball loners to go on shooting sprees

apparently not

haven't watched yet

sorry to hear your life struggles. hopefully gets better.

if you're still here God has a purpose for you. please keep on keeping on. you're here for a reason

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
there was some concern that this would inspire oddball loners to go on shooting sprees

apparently not

haven't watched yet

sorry to hear your life struggles. hopefully gets better.

if you're still here God has a purpose for you. please keep on keeping on. you're here for a reason
Inspire them? They've already been doing it the past 20 years. I remember when the movie natural born killers came out in the 90's people freak over that one for the same reasons. There were a couple copy cats.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

apparently not

Maybe Joker would actually make oddball loners feel less alone and less likely to kill people?

The movie could possibly be therapeutic that way.

I can't wait to see the movie.
edit on 12212019 by RepoMan because: corrected italics

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I'm also taking care of an elderly person, Mom, who has Alzheimer's. She smoked for 60+ years and can't breathe very well so there's that. I don't have a mental illness but I have a gimp foot from blood clots that I'm not sure is ever going to get better making me unable to do much of anything.

So were in the same boat with a different driver. I can also see that crummy apartment in my future.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join