It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Isn’t Impeached Until the House Tells the Senate

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I can't link it, but in one her of interviews, I heard Pelosi tell a reporter that the Senate had been properly notified of the passage of the articles of impeachment. Articles are officially presented to the Senate by the House appointed managers, which have not yet been appointed.

And why have they not been appointed? I thought the impeachment had to happen fast! That's why Pelosi said they couldn't wait on the courts, wasn't it? Why did they adjourn until next year if this impeachment was so time-sensitive and critical?

And as I said, if she looks at the rules and decides she wants different managers, she is free to make those changes. But it is her responsibility to appoint the managers and have the Articles of Impeachment presented to the Senate for trial. Notifying them the vote passed is not sufficient.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sekulow is live talking about this now.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Blinded by a party that doesn't give a # about them and thinks of them as nothing more than useful idiots.

Truth. Just look at their primary. They will have no say in who the candidate will be, just like in 2016. Democrats do not believe in Democracy anymore.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Looks like the plotters have cold feet all of the sudden.

Weak case? Nancy should resign immediately.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So, are you suggesting that if she had sent them over, the senate would have opted to skip Christmas break and hang out in washington to hash out the rules? Of course they wouldn't have and I am sure you are not suggesting that.
Nancy is trolling and yous are being triggered to put it in a language yous probably understand.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: chr0naut

Wow! You said something that is correct! Everyone forgive me while I have another heart attack...

The Constitution and law defines how the impeachment trial proceeds. The Chief Justice ensures the law is upheld (much as a judge does in a civil trial) and the Senate stands in place of the jury.

The articles of impeachment are the indictments.

So if a person is indicted, that means the indictments have been handed down to a court for consideration. If the indictment is sealed (as in undelivered), no one has been formally indicted.

President Donald John Trump has not been impeached. The indictment has not been formally presented to the Senate.

TheRedneck

The whole damn world knows what the articles of impeachment are.

No, they haven't officially been passed to the Senate but the articles exist and have been ratified by vote in the House.

And all they have to do is officially deliver the articles and Trump then must be tried. The Senate cannot refuse to accept the articles.

I'm not sure how any delay has anything to do with the inevitability of the articles being officially delivered?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I thought the impeachment had to happen fast! That's why Pelosi said they couldn't wait on the courts, wasn't it? Why did they adjourn until next year if this impeachment was so time-sensitive and critical?

Same crap they pulled with the Mueller report. They needed a special counsel because they didn't have the power to properly investigate everything. Then when Mueller flopped, all of a sudden Congress needed to do more investigations, even though they already said they wouldn't be able to sufficiently investigate it.

They just assume their followers are too stupid to notice the hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You really can't see it, can you? LOL

But that's okay.

In the end you and the others are just going to be sorely disappointed as always.

At this point I wont be surprised if the SC strikes the entire impeachment fiasco from the record entirely as the House and Pelosi have done an embarrassingly shoddy job of it and made a mockery of our system of justice.

READ AND COMPREHEND: Pelosi is scared #less of an actual trial in the senate. She wants the Leftist mob to believe that they are tough and impeached Trump (and apparently that part has succeeded) but she is trembling when it comes to actually making it official in fear of what might happen.

So, she is going to sit on it and pretend she accomplished something.

I already knew this going to happen, as one of the Dems schyster Leftie lawyers had suggested it days ago.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

The supreme court ain't gonna step in and decide the impeachment should be thrown out.
The house has the sole power to impeach. And there is very little in the constitution as to how that should be done.
I do think that if the house held onto that impeachment just to be able to run against an impeached president with no appearant intention of sending it to the senate, giving him an opportunity to clear his name, they would be inviting the supreme court to step in and slap them down to size. That would be as wrong as anything that I believe trump has done.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Oh well we shall see how this plays out. I'm pretty damn sure it's not going to play out any way the dems have you believing.
edit on 20-12-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is what is coming if this sham goes to trial in the Senate:

social.quodverum.com/@ThomasWic/103331891081184399

Copy and paste in browser, I can't get link to format correctly

edit on 20-12-2019 by PurpleFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

So that means a Bill passed by both House and Senate is a Law even though it still has to go to the POTUS and get signed?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Lin Wood, an attorney known for taking on major news publications in defamation cases, laid out on Wednesday night how President Donald Trump can outmaneuver Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s potential next move on impeachment.

Wood laid out his plan on Twitter in a nine tweets, which appear below in enumerated order: 1.If House fails to timely deliver impeachment articles to Senate, @realDonaldTrump must immediately seek writ of mandamus from U.S. Supreme Court, ordering articles to be delivered. Constitutional process of impeachment mandates due process to the impeached, the President. 2.Not only does Constitution mandate due process be afforded to the accused, @realDonaldTrump, the dispute between Executive & Legislative branches of our gov’t must be resolved with certainty by Judicial branch. 3.Supreme Court must act. Such action will not be for or against @realDonaldTrump , it will only be FOR the document that is sole basis for our existence as a country, US Constitution. The chaos created by this dispute between 2 branches of gov’t threatens foundation of country. 4.Dispute over impeachment of @realDonaldTrump between 2 branches is legally ripe for Judicial branch resolution as it threatens harm to US Constitution that is irreparable if allowed to occur. The voice of the Supreme Law of our country must be heard & obeyed. 5.It is Constitutional DUTY of US Supreme Court to immediately intervene in dispute between Legislative & Executive branches over impeachment process arising from articles passed today by House to impeach @realDonaldTrump . Articles issued must now be tried & resolved by Senate. 6.US Constitution requires Executive Branch (President) to execute law, Legislative Branch (Congress) to pass law, & Judicial Branch (US Supreme Court) to interpret law. If US Supreme Court refuses to act, NO Constitutional Branch of our Country can perform its required duties. 7.To be clear, I presently support re-election of @realDonaldTrump , but my statements in 1- 6 are not made out of bias or partisanship. They are based solely on the truth of the law of our land the US Constitution, not on party affiliation or political support. 8.The issue is NOT how US Supreme could or should rule on dispute. The issue is that US Supreme Court has a Constitutional duty to rule. Our Constitution demands a resolution by US Supreme Court. Our country is founded & based on rule of law. Our supreme law is US Constitution. 9.IF House does not deliver articles for trial in Senate & IF US Supreme Court does not act at this time, @USSenate must force issue over articles of impeachment of @realDonaldTrump by taking action on its own authority. The issue must be forced to a resolution without delay. Democrats impeached Trump in the first purely partisan impeachment in U.S. history, as no Republicans voted for it and multiple Democrats voted against it.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Boom, told ya so Dawnstar!

This is one scenario that may happen. And it is probably the least damaging to the Dems at this point.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: dawnstar

I am pretty sure I heard Nancy Pelosi say these articles are adopted.

He is impeached.

I'm pretty sure you can't read your own party's witness brought in to explain impeachment...

Noah Feldman was one of the Constitutional attorneys brought in by the House.

He JUST said today, which is true according to the Constitution and the way the Founders explicitly stated, that the Articles MUST be sent to the Senate, or he is NOT impeached until he is allowed a trial to hear the ACCUSATIONS against him...

Pelosi, D-Calif., is apparently using the delay as leverage to extract favorable terms for a Senate trial. But Noah Feldman wrote for Bloomberg that an “indefinite delay” would pose a “serious problem”—as impeachment only technically happens when the articles are transmitted to the Senate.

“Both parts are necessary to make an impeachment under the Constitution: The House must actually send the articles and send managers to the Senate to prosecute the impeachment. And the Senate must actually hold a trial,” Feldman wrote.

“If the House does not communicate its impeachment to the Senate, it hasn’t actually impeached the president,” he continued. “If the articles are not transmitted, Trump could legitimately say he wasn’t truly impeached at all.”

The Founders, in the same vein as natural law, believed that a sitting President has the right to face his ACCUSERS of impeachment. Trump has been ACCUSED, and just like a person walking in to a police station accusing someone of a crime, an investigation has to happen (which this farce in the House is being called), and then probable cause must be determined (impeachment debate and vote) before an arrest can be made (articles voted on and passed). Before an arrest is made, a JUDGE hears the evidence gathered in the investigation and determines if a warrant should be issued, which invites the accused to defend themselves in court against those charges in an arraignment (a Senate trial). It is not until the judge issues the warrant for arrest that prosecutors initiate charges (articles of impeachment) against them - in this case, not until the articles are put forward to the Senate.

So you hear obviously what you want to hear so that you can feel good about feeling so horrible for wanting someone to be brandished a criminal without having a fair trial. That is the most un-American thing you or anyone else can ask for, and may God have mercy on you if/when you are ever wrongly convicted of a crime.

The shoe won't feel so good when it's on the other foot my friend. You should educate yourself on what this country was founded on instead of trying to push its boundaries and rewrite the Founders intentions.

~Namaste
edit on 20-12-2019 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I would give you 10000000 stars if I could for this one post.

Beautifully and elegantly summarized, it captures exactly why the Founders separated the 3 branches and what the Supreme Court's responsibilities are.

Great post, thank you for sharing this.

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This article is what the whole impeachment thing is all about. A power struggle, some people trying to get their names in the history book, even though the whole impeachment is based on deceit.

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I wonder, how could the US president standard of action and motivation be set so low. The Republicans said, how could the impeachment standard be set so low. And how about the president's own standard? Even if Biden is worse, even if Obama didn't provide military aid and Trump did. even if Ukraine is corrupt, that still doesn't explain why the motivations of the world's most powerful man are so low and personal.

I think Trump is right to seek friendship with Putin and not confrontation. That doesn't change anything. Trump showed his motivations are rather personal.
What example that gives to the rest of the world where USA preaches democracy? it is laughable.

If tomorrow Trump decides to use nukes (let say in conflict with North Korea or Iran) based on the same low moral standard that was shown with Ukraine, then it will be too late. We will have the nuclear ghost out of the bottle, and only God can stop a full nuclear war as a chain reaction to the first nuke. Don't say that is impossible, don't say Trump will never do it, or that his aides will stop him. In fact his former security adviser Bolton advised nuking both Russia and China, and he was not fired for that, rather Trump trumped Bolton's views on MSM.

I do not defend the democrats, the witnesses, Bolton or whoever else. Zelinski or Putin. I question the motivations of the US president who has at his disposal several thousand nukes and should be much more stable for that high responsibility. Will he start WW3 on twitter?

Trump showed what he is capable of, namely putting his personal interests above those of his nation, above those of a nation ally. How could he tomorrow fulfill his NATO obligations if Europe is attacked? Will he risk America to be hit back for his NATO obligations? Or he already hates Europe because...it buys Russian gas and didn't sell out Greenland? it is just ridiculous!

Today's publication of a leading Christian magazine questions the moral motivation of the President
edition.cnn.com...

"A leading Christian magazine founded by late evangelist Billy Graham -- father of key presidential supporter Franklin Graham -- published an op-ed on Thursday calling for President Donald Trump to be removed from office and urging evangelicals not to support him.

"Whether Mr. Trump should be removed from office by the Senate or by popular vote next election—that is a matter of prudential judgment," Christianity Today's editor in chief, Mark Galli, wrote in the op-ed. "That he should be removed, we believe, is not a matter of partisan loyalties but loyalty to the Creator of the Ten Commandments."
Galli, who told CNN's John Berman on Friday he is leaving the publication, continued, "We believe the impeachment hearings have made it absolutely clear, in a way the Mueller investigation did not, that President Trump has abused his authority for personal gain and betrayed his constitutional oath. The impeachment hearings have illuminated the president's moral deficiencies for all to see."

I do not defend Democrats. If Trump is removed, Pence takes over. And he may even win the next elections. Trump is not the only republican. Wrong to bet everything on one man. We know where that leads to.
edit on 20-12-2019 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Constitutional process also demands an impartial jury. Mitch Mc Connell and Lindsey Graham both pledged they would their violate their constitutional oaths.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Time will tell but honestly I think it was all a ploy to give Trump black mark to the public. All we've heard is that DJT has been impeached. It seems like it was more of a publicity stunt than anything. So now we'll see if she officially submits the paperwork.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join