It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Isn’t Impeached Until the House Tells the Senate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's like saying an indicted person hasn't been indicted because they haven't stood trial yet.

You didn't really just type that? Tell me you didn't!

It's like an indicted person not being indicted because the grand jury hasn't issued the indictment!

You're... just not very good at this, are you?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

He's been impeached.

Impeachment happens in the House, and it's now part of the Congressional and historical record.

Yes thats true BUT, If he is found not guilty then even if he was impeached it ceases to legally matter and he is free to run for office again.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

So has the House of Representatives refused to hand over the case? Not really sure what you mean by a violation based on what you have quoted above. There is no time line and its a reasonable request to have an idea how the Senate is going to conduct this.

Does a prosecutor in a trial get to approve the judge? Not in my experience.

I will agree there is no timeline, but that brings up another point: we all heard, ad nauseum yesterday, that the reason the House was unwilling to wait for the election and let the people decide, the reason they couldn't wait for the courts to rule on their subpoenas, was because Donald Trump was such an immediate and severe threat to national security. This impeachment HAD to happen NOW!

But it hasn't happened. The impeachment has not been released, although it has now been 24 hours or so. So every single Representative that uttered that excuse was outright lying, or Nancy Pelosi is endangering the country by her actions. Which is it?

I have to be honest here, I think you can lay this one squarely on Mitch and Lindsay who flat out said this will be at best a one sided show trial.

Considering there was no crime included in the Articles of Impeachment, the show hearing complete with all the violations of due process was publicly televised, the extreme partisanship shown throughout the entire impeachment process, and this inconsistency, I don't see where declaring that this probably isn't going to "go anywhere" is very far out of line.

Any judge in any court anywhere in the country would throw this case out before it even got started, and would likely recommend every prosecutor involved for disbarment.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Nothing you presented Constitutionally or legally supports the position impeachment is void if not transmitted to the House.

I never said it was "void." I said it was "incomplete." Those are two different words. They have different funny-looking symbols in them. That means they can mean different things.

President Donald John Trump has not been impeached until Nancy Pelosi completes the impeachment process.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

He's been impeached.

Impeachment happens in the House, and it's now part of the Congressional and historical record.

Only Until the Supreme Court invalidates them. Then they're erased, and Pelosi will have the word "FOOL" stamped (in RED) on her Congressional and Historical record.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Wow! You said something that is correct! Everyone forgive me while I have another heart attack...

The Constitution and law defines how the impeachment trial proceeds. The Chief Justice ensures the law is upheld (much as a judge does in a civil trial) and the Senate stands in place of the jury.

The articles of impeachment are the indictments.

So if a person is indicted, that means the indictments have been handed down to a court for consideration. If the indictment is sealed (as in undelivered), no one has been formally indicted.

President Donald John Trump has not been impeached. The indictment has not been formally presented to the Senate.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Nothing you presented Constitutionally or legally supports the position impeachment is void if not transmitted to the House.

I never said it was "void." I said it was "incomplete." Those are two different words. They have different funny-looking symbols in them. That means they can mean different things.

President Donald John Trump has not been impeached until Nancy Pelosi completes the impeachment process.

TheRedneck

you're right, he has not been impeached but he is....being impeached.

I love the progression...

Trump's gonna lock up Hillary, to Comey, to drain the swamp, to releasing ever imminent server bombshells, to phone call transcript release, to there was more to the call but no quid pro quo, to technically not quid pro quo, to Biden son getting to a position he wasn't qualified for like a lot of people, to Trump's technically not yet impeached. 😃

next, the trial hasn't technically started, to Trump's technically not guilty yet.

oh the bombshells. the bombshells over the past few months... 😂

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

In a matter of hours, Trump will be impeached.
Happy now?

Quite possibly!

I'll be happy when it actually happens. In the meantime, I am amusing myself watching the ignorance of those who want it soooo badly they simply can't wait on their beloved leader Speaker of the House Pelosi.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

i CBA looking up a cite - but doesnt the premise of " a right to a speedy trial " apply ?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Considering there was no crime included in the Articles of Impeachment, the show hearing complete with all the violations of due process was publicly televised, the extreme partisanship shown throughout the entire impeachment process, and this inconsistency, I don't see where declaring that this probably isn't going to "go anywhere" is very far out of line.

Exactly this. Every Senator has heard and seen the same evidence and testimony that the House members relied upon to vote "yea" or "nay" for impeachment (along party lines with one notable exception). I'm not happy about what McConnell has said publicly, but at this point, senators do already have as much information as the House when they voted.

I have plenty of doubts about McConnell and his integrity and ability to conduct a fair and honest trial, but not because I believe he's in the tank for Trump. He'll serve his own interests.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Every day Democrat HACKS hold sending articles to the senate.

Makes them lose independent votes.

It was a constitutional emergency until it wasn't.

Face it Trump haters.

You've been lied to from the beginning 3 years ago.

You were lied to about Russia.

You were lied to about not illegally spying on Trump.

And YOUR STILL BEING LIED to about Ukraine and Trump needed to be impeached for 2020

When it's blatantly obvious Team Whackamole Exit Stage left is meddling AGAIN in the 2020 election just like they did in the 2016 election.

For once in your miserable little lives admit you've been hoodwinked AGIAN.

edit on 20-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I am sorry. Absolutely NOT meaning to mess with everyone's Christmas.

I was pointing out Trump still has powers that could compel Congress to act.
Ruining Christmas for 535 'publick servants' is fine with me (sorry? not).

BESIDES...
US History confirms that Christmas is the Season for vanquishing our enemies. In the middle of the Night. Again.
Merry Christmas!

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The Democrats are making themselves look very bad.....the sore loser, temper tantrum attitude is very ugly.....this is beyond weird

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well, hell... just for a refresher course, let's see what all has transpired that led to this and see if it makes any more sense, shall we? I mean, it never hurts to take two steps back and look...
  • Donald Trump is elected President of the United States, despite his opponent, Hillary Cllinton, paying a UK spy, Christopher Steele, for political 'dirt' on Trump that comes directly from Russian government sources and is later discredited.
  • Reports emerge that the DNC computers were hacked and the FBI is called in to investigate. Instead of turning the computers over to the FBI for forensic analysis, the forensic analysis is performed by Crowdstrike based in Ukraine. The result is that Russian hackers were implicated in the hacking, but questions still remained.
  • Literally hours after Donald Trump's election to the Presidency, the media ran articles calling for his impeachment.
  • When Trump fired James Comey for insubordination, something the Democrats in Congress had been calling for and which any President has every right to do, Congress appointed a Special Counsel to investigate the Trump campaign for Russian collusion during the election and Obstruction of Justice in the firing of James Comey.
  • James Comey later admitted in open court that he purposely leaked FBI documents to a friend to be given to the press, a direct violation of FBI and DoJ policy, as well as potentially a crime.
  • A vote on impeachment was held in the House of Representatives and failed.
  • The Mueller Report was released and stated no Americans were involved with collusion, which included the President.
  • The Mueller Report did not make any decision on whether Trump had obstructed justice, leaving that decision to the DoJ. It was determined by the DoJ that no evidence was presented that would qualify.
  • Another impeachment vote was taken in the House and failed.
  • In January 2018, Joe Biden recants a story about how he leveraged $1 Billion in US-backed loan guarantees earmarked for Ukraine in order to force the firing of then Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin.
  • President Trump signs a spending bill allocating $141 million in Ukrainian aid, in addition to $250 million he also signed into law the previous fall.
  • President Volodymyr Zelensky is elected President of Ukraine on April 21, 2019 after running on a strong anti-corruption platform and promising to investigate any and all accusations of corruption in Ukraine.
  • That same day, President Trump made a congratulatory call to President-Elect Zelensky.
  • Four days later, on April 25, 2019, Joe Biden announced he would seek nomination for President in the 2020 Democratic Primary.
  • In June of 2019, Donald Trump publicly questions the status of Zelensky's anti-corruption claims and holds the $141 million in aid to investigate.
  • On July 25, 2019, Donald Trump makes another call to President Zelensky. In that call, he indicates that he is willing to sell Ukraine offensive missiles to protect them against Russian aggression over the separation and subsequent annexation of Crimea, and asks Zelensky to investigate corruption that could have led to further interference in the 2016 elections. He specifically mentions Crowdstrike and Burisma, a company that Hunter Biden, Joe Biden's son, sat on the board of and who had been under investigation, including the central focus of Joe Biden's threat.
  • On August 12, 2019, an unnamed individual files a "whisltelblower complaint" against Donald Trump, claiming he is trying to use Ukrainian aid money as leverage to gather political dirt on Joe Biden. The whistleblower admits freely that he is going on second- and third-hand knowledge and has no first hand knowledge of the happenings.
  • Amid the uproar over the report, President Trump unilaterally releases the official transcript of the phone call.
  • President Zelensky disputes that he ever felt any pressure to conduct any specific investigations for military aid.
  • On September 11th Donald Trump releases the hold on Ukrainian aid, 19 days before the September 30 deadline.
  • About this time, Nancy Pelosi suddenly changes her stance on impeachment and announces a formal investigation into the whistleblower's allegations for purposes of impeachment.
  • Adam Schiff begins holding closed door secret hearing with witnesses. Republican committee members complain that Schiff is conducting the meetings improperly and withholding all exculpatory testimony.
  • Nancy Pelosi holds a House vote on open hearings and the rules they will be governed by.
  • At the beginning of the very first open hearing, Adam Schiff reads into the record a statement he later describes as a 'parody' of the phone call, in which he openly claims that President Trump stated that Zelensky was to create political dirt on Joe Biden or else... none of which was in the phone conversation.
  • During the hearings, Republicans were prohibited from asking several questions of witnesses, held strictly to the time clock while Democrats were allowed to run over, denied having certain witness present to be questioned, and in some cases were not even permitted to speak.
  • During the same hearings Adam Schiff blatantly refused to entertain several points of order raised by Re[ublicans in defense of Trump.
  • President Trump had absolutely no input in the hearings.
  • Senators Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham held press conferences and interviews where they expressed dismay at how the hearings were proceeding without proper procedures.
  • The draft Articles of Impeachment were drawn up without providing the Republicans a promised hearing day to make their case against impeachment.
  • The whistleblower was not called to testify, and several Republicans were forbade even asking questions concerning the whistleblower report of other witnesses, despite an earlier promise by Schiff to call the whistleblower for testimony.
  • Similar conditions permeated the hearings conducted by the Judiciary committee under the command of Jerry Nadler.
  • Nadler proposed allowing Trump's legal team extremely limited access to the Judiciary committee hearings. Trump declined, stating obvious bias in the procedure as reason.
  • Similar conditions existed in the House Ways and Means committee.
  • A vote on impeachment was scheduled in the House on two Articles of Impeachment: Abuse of Power, alleging that Trump had conspired to use Ukrainian influence to influence the 2020 election by having investigations began into Joe Biden; and Obstruction of Congress, alleging that Trump did not turn over documents requested by the Intelligence Committee. Trump had filed a lawsuit with the Federal courts in response to the requests, but the Democrat leaders in the House stated that the charges were too serious and obvious to wait on the courts to make the decision.
  • Expecting the impeachment vote to go forward, Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer began debates over the rules for an upcoming trial.
  • The House voted to impeach Donald Trump along party lines. Not a single Republican voted for impeachment.
~continued~

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
    ~continued~
  • Nancy Pelosi then announced that she would hold the impeachment process up until Mitch McConnell determined the rules of the upcoming trial, potentially preventing the trial from commencing and ensuring that Donald Trump could not be removed from office. Her stated reasoning was that she wanted to see how the trial would be conducted, although without Articles of Impeachment no trial can exist.
Now, that's how we got here... every step of the way marked by imaginative assumptions and hearsay evidence and witness leading, just to name a few. Anyone who can look objectively at the matter can clearly see that President Trump has been railroaded thus far, and from what I see so far, some here are ambivalent about the railroading and are actually demanding that it continue!

Neither Article of Impeachment has any basis in fact, and neither implicates the President in a crime of any sort. Abuse of Poser is subjective and the specifics included in this Article of Impeachment are purely imaginative. Every single witness was at some point asked if Trump had committed any crime or taken any action that warranted impeachment. Every single one said no, he had not. Obstruction of Congress is literally a complaint that Trump took his case to the Judicial Branch instead of subverting the co-equal Executive Branch to the will of the Legislative Branch. Trump was required by law, passed by the Congress, to verify the efforts surrounding corruption in Ukraine. The moneys earmarked were released within the time frame specified by law, all actions that have been suggested Trump was withholding in order to get the aid, were provided before the aid was released, including Ukraine not issuing any public statement as claimed and Zelensky obtaining the White House visit he requested. Javelin missiles were provided, unlike Trump's predecessors. Both participants in the phone call have stated multiple times that there was no connection between military aid and any specific actions. The very words and references used to mention investigations were obviously concerning the 2016 elections, not the 2020 elections, and Joe Biden was not mentioned... Hunter Biden was, as he was CEO of Burisma at the time. Both the FBI under Obama and Hillary Clinton used foreign information, which later turned out to be false, against Donald Trump during his campaign, and Hillary Clinton herself was under investigation for much of the 2016 election. There can be no prohibition against investigating any Presidential campaign, especially when one considers that Joe Biden is not even yet an official candidate for President. He is a candidate for the Democratic nomination.

Every single talking point that accuses Donald Trump can be easily refuted in recent history and a quick rough perusal of standing legal precedent.

That's what's scary about all this. Donald Trump is going nowhere except in the history books as the greatest President of the modern era. But we also stand to lose the very concept of law and order and equal justice for all, over petty emotional arguments for chaos just to overturn an election.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: TheRedneck
That's like saying an indicted person hasn't been indicted because they haven't stood trial yet.

No, it is like saying someone who is being investigated has not been indicted until the grand jury actually votes on the indictment and submits the results of that vote to a judge. If the grand jury foreman decides to withhold the results of the vote from the judge, there is no indictment.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
And I just turned on the news. The House has adjourned for the year without handing down the Articles of Impeachment.

Mitch McConnell should at this point refuse to even discuss any rules of an impeachment trial until the Articles of Impeachment are presented formally. There is no sense in wasting time over something that may not even happen.

Donald Trump may be impeached in 2020, but he was not impeached in 2019.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yeah.

I don't think so.

The senate has been told.

They have cable tv don't they?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The denial just continues and continues.

Trump... "It doesn't feel like I've been impeached."

Well now, does he know what that feels like before this?

Donald... what you are feeling right now, that is what impeachment feels like.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Yeah.

I don't think so.

The senate has been told.

They have cable tv don't they?

Word of Mouth isn't a binding legal signature 😃 🍌

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join