It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Isn’t Impeached Until the House Tells the Senate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

We dont need to obstruct the pres... hes doing a good enough job at hanging himself!!

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Arnie123

a reply to: proximo

You think anyone really cares?

Many do.

Everybody knows it’s fake charges.

Saying it doesn't make it true.

Washington Times: Trump impeachment: Undisputed evidence that he abused his power
...and posting opinion pieces by Anti Trumper Napolitano doesn't make it any more true either, lol, are you even trying tonight???

Course I know, you did a quick Google search, picked the third article and hoped the context would jive lol

My bad. Only if the opinion pieces are what you want to hear are they valid. lol

Actually, I read that article earlier today and bookmarked it. [snipped]
Oh, triggered at the fact that your opinions pieces do you no justice and the fact that impeachment is literally meaningless in this event 😌

I look forward to your post the day Trump is acquitted 🤗
edit on Thu Dec 19 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Arnie123

We dont need to obstruct the pres... hes doing a good enough job at hanging himself!!
Okay, so you're one of those emotional low info users who constantly screech about Trump.

No, the Democrat party are hanging themselves, if this impeachment sham is any indication.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If Mitch set it up the way Pelosi wanted, Trump would have to prove his innocence.

Because he can't prove his innocent, because he isn't.

It would only dig his guilt deeper, and he and the Republicans know it.
edit on 19-12-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'd like to point out, again, that the article from the OP was written by Noah Feldman, one of the Democratic Impeachment Witnesses.....

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Many do.

Washington Times: Trump impeachment: Undisputed evidence that he abused his power
...and posting opinion pieces by Anti Trumper Napolitano doesn't make it any more true either, lol, are you even trying tonight???

Course I know, you did a quick Google search, picked the third article and hoped the context would jive lol

My bad. Only if the opinion pieces are what you want to hear are they valid. lol

Actually, I read that article earlier today and bookmarked it. Since he is a Fox contributor and Republican. But anyone not licking Trumps asshole is automatically suspect to you guys.
Oh, triggered at the fact that your opinions pieces do you no justice and the fact that impeachment is literally meaningless in this event 😌

Trump is impeached. Deal with it.

As stated more than once, I am sure he will be acquitted. But he will forever be IMPEACHED. But nice try.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This thread is like saying the asteroid wont kill us though until it hits the planet.
wait for it..
wait for it..
wait for it..

In a matter of hours, Trump will be impeached.
Happy now?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

If Mitch set it up the way Pelosi wanted, Trump would have to prove his innocence.

Of course he is innocent, of course the House had long planned to impeach Trumo regardless if he is guilty or not.

This was their endgame and why ignorant users like yourself willingly eat it up knowing full well of the outcome at the Senate.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Rumors in hollywood saying that trump is thinking about doing the Apprentice in 2021.
I think he'd do a good job with this

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Many do.

Actually, I read that article earlier today and bookmarked it. Since he is a Fox contributor and Republican. But anyone not licking Trumps asshole is automatically suspect to you guys.

Trump is impeached. Deal with it.

As stated more than once, I am sure he will be acquitted. But he will forever be IMPEACHED. But nice try.
Deal with the fact that it's meaningless and a Partisan Sham 😚

You're right about one thing, he will be acquitted.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
POTUS can effectively determine when the Articles go to the Senate for trial albeit indirectly.

He can invoke Article II Section 3 and keep either or BOTH Houses in session until they get the job done.
Or use the same article to adjourn both houses until after the election... or other events that may affect Congress.
Absolutely no denying these circumstances meet the requirement as "extraordinary Occasions".

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Ya, but in Clinton's case, they gave the senate the opportunity to have the trial...
The question that is being asked is weather it's the vote to impeach that confirms an impeachment or the act of handing it over to the senate that does.
It seems that most seem to be saying it's the vote. But, the only time I can think of where a person is indicted and isnt arraigned in court in a timely manner is when there is a sealed indictment which is held in secret. There is nothing secret here. We all know the house has voted to impeach.. it just seems like the house holding that impeachment from the senate indefinitely would be like letting the world know you've indicted a person but then never arraigning him and allowing the judicial branch to go forward. So, while I can agree that it's reasonable for nancy to want time to appoint managers and such, I disagree that they could just sit on it for any meaningful length of time while claiming hes indicted. If they have no plans to pass it off to the senate, there is no indictment, the whole bit was done under false pretenses.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Well it's like saying you locked someone up when you've only indicted them

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The articles, the indictments are as serious as a clown fart in a nunnery.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's like saying an indicted person hasn't been indicted because they haven't stood trial yet.

Until delivered to the senate it is not official.
Too bad
So sad

Proof? Law? Constitution?

Lol
The senate can't begin until the house is finished
They obviously are not
Lol
What a joke
It wont be official now until January

The house dems pencil screwed themselves
"Its a national security emergency"
No
Not really as you cant be bothered to finish your work

Its credibility lessens daily as the speaker could recall but she hasnt
Cause its NOT REALLY THAT IMPORTANT.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Trump is innocent until proven guilty, or did you just admit that you don't follow the Bill of Rights?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Trump is innocent until proven guilty, or did you just admit that you don't follow the Bill of Rights?

Has he actually been *charged* with a crime in a court of law, or did you just admit you don't understand the difference between a criminal procedure and impeachment?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

But the senate wasn't gonna pick it up till after the holidays anyways so he would just tick off the senate since once nancy ties up the lose ends, most of the house member are no longer involved while the senate will be stuck there sitting quietly through the trial without even their cell phones to give them any christmas cheer..
And, no, he wouldn't get away with closing down Congress till after the elections.. now you want to make the judicial branch miserable through the holidays also.
Quit trying to do our job for us! I thought we were the ones warring with christmas.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Has he actually been *charged* with a crime in a court of law, or did you just admit you don't understand the difference between a criminal procedure and impeachment?

Are you saying that Trump hasn't been accused of comitting a crime?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Now, the House did indeed vote to impeach President Trump on two Articles of Impeachment, but that process is not complete and impeachment is not complete until the Articles of Impeachment are delivered to the Senate. Now, I will admit some may disagree, but then that brings up another issue: If President Trump is impeached, then Nancy Pelosi has violated her oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States by refusing to allow the Senate to try the case.

So those who demand that Trump was impeached (and they will be here shortly), to you I pose the question: will you hold Nancy Pelosi accountable for her direct violation of the Constitution?

TheRedneck

So has the House of Representatives refused to hand over the case? Not really sure what you mean by a violation based on what you have quoted above. There is no time line and its a reasonable request to have an idea how the Senate is going to conduct this.

which leads to.........

I have to be honest here, I think you can lay this one squarely on Mitch and Lindsay who flat out said this will be at best a one sided show trial. Seems like they gave her an opening to let them play out and decided the Senate Rules in whats most likely to be an entertaining debate.

And if were going to throw out failure to follow the constitution by Pelosi then we should also look at Mitch and Lidsay who flat out have indicated IN ADVANCE without having the trial that they are prejudiced jurors which is a direct violation of their oaths to

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

and don't get me started on Comrade Mitch and foreign enemies...........

Mitch and Lindsey shouldn't have said those things, but do you blame them after the nonsense we saw occur in the House? House Democrats have a syndrome. They are mentally ill, and unable to perform according to US law. The Trump Derangement Syndrome is a very serious disease, which affects their ability to serve on behalf of the American public. This may be why Nancy is drinking so much recently, Many of these leaders should be institutionalized for their own safety, and that of the public they serve

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join