It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Isn’t Impeached Until the House Tells the Senate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes, Article 1, Section 3

US Constitution

Clause 6. The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Arnie123

He's been impeached.

Impeachment happens in the House, and it's now part of the Congressional and historical record.
Which mean very little in the grand scheme of things, tho it was hilarious watching you spam the boards with very little attention and effect 😌

It means he will be IS the third president in history to have been impeached.

ETA: strike

Not yet.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm guessing you didn't read the actual linked article from a Harvard Law Professor? His name is Noah Feldman, and I would take his word over yours on Constitutional Law, or law in general, any day.

I did. And I heard this "opinion" earlier.

But of course you would take the opinion of someone who tells you what you want to hear over anything else.

The Constitution doesn’t say how fast the articles must go to the Senate.

The provisions say nothing about timing.

The above from your article.

Article I gives the House “the sole power of impeachment.” And it gives the Senate “the sole power to try all impeachments.”

Therefore, impeachment is valid if the House approves. Not also if the Senate tries it.

Where does the Constitution say if must be given or tried to be valid?

link   

He's been impeached.

Impeachment happens in the House, and it's now part of the Congressional and historical record.
Which mean very little in the grand scheme of things, tho it was hilarious watching you spam the boards with very little attention and effect 😌

...along party lines*** in essence, MEANINGLESS 🤗

If you're this happy over literally NOTHING, I can't imagine how you'll feel when he is acquitted??? Probably vanish from the boards 😙

Tell me, when has there ever been the US Constitution without party politics?

Suggesting that things are partisan along party lines does not invalidate the Constitution. Trump has been impeached according to Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 5 of the Constitution. It has happened. Calling it fake doesn't make it any less real.

the decision now remains whether the Senate will remove him, or not.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

He's been impeached.

Not yet.

He is. He was. Fact.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I have no problem with the term Impeachment.

The House has indicted the president. He has been impeached.

The Senate will hold the trial.

The president will be either proven guilty or innocent.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

He's been impeached.

If you're this happy over literally NOTHING, I can't imagine how you'll feel when he is acquitted??? Probably vanish from the boards 😙

I've already said I think he will be acquitted. Pay attention.

BUT the fact remains he is the third president in history to be impeached, which will be forever attached to his name. lol

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yes, Trump will always be accused, forever, of being involved with Russia, Obstruction of Justice and Abuse of Power.

He will always be known for being accused.

He will also be known of being acquitted of all bogus charges by a partisan coup attempt.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

He's been impeached.

Tell me, when has there ever been the US Constitution without party politics?

Suggesting that things are partisan along party lines does not invalidate the Constitution. Trump has been impeached according to Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 5 of the Constitution. It has happened. Calling it fake doesn't make it any less real.

the decision now remains whether the Senate will remove him, or not.
False.

Impeach: To accuse or charge with.

The House voted on party lines, hence, a Partisan impeachment sham, it's literally meaningless.

Impeachment, in Pelosis own words, is a Bipartisan issue.

According to your ridiculous and laughable logic, we can impeach any President if one party doesn't like him, ironically enough that's exactly what happened.

So yes, the President has been Impeached by the House of Representatives along party lines, indicating this is purely a partisan issue and abuse of office.

However, the Senate will respond accordingly as it has the sole power to determine the final state of said impeachment.

While you, leftist and others of your ilk argue procedures, ultimately, the Senate decides and it will decide in Trumps favor, therefore reducing impeachment MEANINGLESS.

History will annotate that he was Impeached.

It will also annotate that he was acquitted by the Senate.

It will also show that impeachment was used as a partisan weapon to obstruction the President of the United States and history will not lool kindly on Democrats.

They have set a new Precedent.
edit on 19-12-2019 by Arnie123 because: Truth.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Mark my words,

one day the Democrats will be ordered by a court to amend the history books.

something like

'' Due to the ruling and the plea bargain in we attach this amendment to the impeachment of 2019. This impeachment was pursued on partisan politics with 0 evidence of the claims. The democrats conducting themselves in a fashion unbecoming and against the norms and laws of Congress and the United States. This impeachment was nullified and the official record has been adjusted. President Trump was never impeached and several Democrats are currently facing prosecution for false representation to congress, lying to congress, withholding from congress and attempting treason of the President of the United States ''

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

And, I dont think theres any limitation in the rules as they are now as to just how many managers polosi can send over with the articles... 5, 10, 50, 100... with a smiling polosi leading the pack saying "well, I didnt know what to expect or how many we would need so we all decided to come. So unpack your bags senators, no holiday vacay for you till we hash this crap out! "

Seriously, the senate wasn't gonna do anything till after the holidays anyways but let's all have a fit because nancy isnt quick enough for you. And shes right, it would be nice to know just how the senate is gonna handle things before she decides on how many managers she should send, or who they should be. But, I guess trump isnt the only one that can troll.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Huh.

...and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor...

So if Obama were to be retroactively impeached, would that make Trump number 44? Imagine the histrionics of numerologists If Trump were half of 88 and about to be reelected.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, he will always be an impeached president. Forever.

But when you use words like "coup," that is why I do not take you seriously, if you truly believe it.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

one day the Democrats will be ordered by a court to amend the history books.

Huh?

Democrats are the authors of all the history books?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Or, we can fail to impeach a corrupt president if the majority is so partisan and politically bias that they are willing to overlook anything or everything.
Your logic could go both ways.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

But when you use words like "coup," that is why I do not take you seriously, if you truly believe it.

But it was a coup, a failed one at that.

Lets be honest, nobody actually takes you seriously, we're just watching you giggle among yourself at the term "impeachment" yet ignore the final outcome, derp.
edit on 19-12-2019 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Arnie123

Or, we can fail to impeach a corrupt president if the majority is so partisan and politically bias that they are willing to overlook anything or everything.
Your logic could go both ways.
You mean a corrupt House of Representatives and Congressional Democrats trying to obstruct the POTUS?

The logic only exist as it was the Dems who initially went Partisan, of course we will respond in kind.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

But it was a coup, a failed on at that.

Lets be honest, nobody actually takes you seriously, we're just watching you giggle among yourself at the term "impeachment" yet ignore the final outcome, derp.

Do you know what a coup actually is?

derp

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It is a coup, they're just using impeachment as an excuse.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

He's been impeached.

I've already said I think he will be acquitted. Pay attention.

BUT the fact remains he is the third president in history to be impeached, which will be forever attached to his name. lol

So?

You think anyone really cares? Everybody knows it’s fake charges. That’s why most of the country doesn’t care, and the stock market went up after the impeachment. History will view it as a joke just as they do the Andrew Johnson impeachment.

Laugh up your political “victory” it is going to be the last one you are going to have for several years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join