It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Isn’t Impeached Until the House Tells the Senate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

There's nothing in the Constitution that says that they have to.

McConnell can ask the presiding Justice to demand the articles, and if Pelosi doesn't, then she can enjoy being in contempt of congress.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's like saying an indicted person hasn't been indicted because they haven't stood trial yet.

I seriously doubt any real Grand Jury would have returned an indictment based on all the innuendo, conjecture, speculation, general assumptions and obvious hearsay displayed in the House Inquiries 😃😃

So having served on a grand jury twice, the standards are a bit different than what we saw, but based on the evidence presented (aka testimony) we would have put it forward in that process. Indictment is meaningless without a conviction. All a grand jury does in indict

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: Vasa Croe

The Speaker doesn't have to send the articles of impeachment until the Senate sets the trial rules. Once the rules are set, both sides pick "managers" to represent their prospective cases. The House sends the articles of impeachment with the House managers.
l

False.

There is nothing in the Constitution that states that the Senate has to set the trial rules in order to send the articles of impeachment.

You are making crap up.

Article 1 Section 3 of the Constitution.

Look it up.

And there is nothing in the Constitution about all the procecces and steps in impeachment having to be done instantaneously.

The Congress have moved things through at a reasonable pace so far.

Time after time the FauxNews mouthpieces have implied that Congress is unduly delaying things, but it hasn't actually happened once yet. Time after time they have said that proper procedure is not being followed. Yet it always has been.

Even Trump has said that the proper procedure has not been followed. He isn't correct.

Additionally, no amount of pointing out that someone else has done something wrong (Trump's usual response) clears him of wrongdoing, too. If the others are culpable and should be prosecuted for the particular crime, then so should Trump. He is heaping coals upon his own head and doesn't seem to have the wit to see it.

edit on 19/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

McConnell can ask the presiding Justice to demand the articles, and if Pelosi doesn't, then she can enjoy being in contempt of congress.

They cannot and do not have a presiding justice till the articles are delivered. So Mitch can sit and continue to point out he is never going to look at the case impartially but thats about it.

Don't get me wrong here nothing would make me happier than to flush the giant toilet that is Washington DC, White House and all, and get both sides.

But as I said int he other thread, if you are trying to pin some kind of constitutional violation on Pilosi, then Mitch and Lindsay are equally violators by already indicating they are prejudiced

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
And if were going to throw out failure to follow the constitution by Pelosi then we should also look at Mitch and Lidsay who flat out have indicated IN ADVANCE without having the trial that they are prejudiced jurors which is a direct violation of their oaths to

could the same have been said about the House of Representatives who declared Impeachment was their goal long before the Ukraine call ? Meaning, They aren't impeaching on a heavy heart, they're impeaching on the only thing they could find - even though they have 0 evidence.

I was surprised the Senate Republican said how they will vote, then again - its pretty obvious this is a totally sham process from the Democratic side. Biden has already stated he will refuse to appear for questions also and Schiff so far has sidestepped and requests aswell.

If the Democrats can play a totally sham hearing, then so can the Republicans. Unfortunately for the Democrats, they are the minority where it matters the most!

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's in the "Rules", not the Constitution, that the "managers" present the articles of impeachment to the Senate.

Pelosi insisted she will move forward when she sees the process laid out in the Senate Thursday. She indicated Wednesday night that her decision was based at least in part on selecting house managers, who will act as prosecutors in the Senate trial.
“We're not sending [the articles] tonight because it's difficult to determine who the managers would be until we see the arena in which we will be participating,” she said.

www.stamfordadvocate.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Think about what you quoted:

Judgment in Cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

Judgement (in cases of impeachment): Impeachment is not a judgement, per se, but a charge, and judgement occurs in the senate, after impeachment. That judgement shall not extend beyond...

Convicted party. The House does not convict, but upon conviction by the senate can be liable to indictment, etc according to law. If a sitting president cannot be indicted while in office, the above suggests, as Mueller stated, a president can be subject to indictment and punishment according to law after office.

Nothing you presented Constitutionally or legally supports the position impeachment is void if not transmitted to the House.

I love the grasping though.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

He's been impeached.

Impeachment happens in the House, and it's now part of the Congressional and historical record.
Which mean very little in the grand scheme of things, tho it was hilarious watching you spam the boards with very little attention and effect 😌

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I just want this coup against my duly elected President to end.

It's not a coup and you know it.

Impeachment happens to be in the Constitution. But nice (false) talking point.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

He's been impeached.

Impeachment happens in the House, and it's now part of the Congressional and historical record.
Which mean very little in the grand scheme of things, tho it was hilarious watching you spam the boards with very little attention and effect 😌

It means he will be IS the third president in history to have been impeached.

ETA: strike
edit on 19-12-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

No No, those are verified Trump twitter talking points as being relayed by the good minions of Trumptopia. And as we learned in Psych 101 its dangerous to take away someones denial errrrrrrr talking points

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The senate could easily vote in procedure that says they will not try any impeachment article that hasn't been "delivered" within XX days of its formal vote (as long as the amount of days was reasonable and didn't put undue burden on timeliness). Since they haven't yet received any, it would apply to anything they haven't yet received -- meaning it would apply to the current situation.

That said, the dems know they are in a corner and don't really have a graceful way out of this, but they will almost certainly push it over the fence soon or lose even more credibility. Unfortunately for them, this is a no-win situation of their own doing. Honestly, there are probably 50% of them trying to understand why Trump hasn't been removed yet because they still don't understand how it all works or what it means.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Pelosi does not dictate the rules of the Senate.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

It's in the "Rules", not the Constitution, that the "managers" present the articles of impeachment to the Senate.

Pelosi insisted she will move forward when she sees the process laid out in the Senate Thursday. She indicated Wednesday night that her decision was based at least in part on selecting house managers, who will act as prosecutors in the Senate trial.
“We're not sending [the articles] tonight because it's difficult to determine who the managers would be until we see the arena in which we will be participating,” she said.

www.stamfordadvocate.com...

The Senate Majority leader can change the procedural rules.

Pelosi and Schiff have already set that precedent.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

They cannot and do not have a presiding justice till the articles are delivered.

Where in the Constitution is that stated?
edit on 19-12-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

No No, those are verified Trump twitter talking points as being relayed by the good minions of Trumptopia. And as we learned in Psych 101 its dangerous to take away someones denial errrrrrrr talking points

Ah yes, my bad. The Trumpublican talking points of the Great Trumpistan. Gospel to all "believers."

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm guessing you didn't read the actual linked article from a Harvard Law Professor? His name is Noah Feldman, and I would take his word over yours on Constitutional Law, or law in general, any day.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

He's been impeached.

...along party lines*** in essence, MEANINGLESS 🤗

If you're this happy over literally NOTHING, I can't imagine how you'll feel when he is acquitted??? Probably vanish from the boards 😙

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

Pelosi does not dictate the rules of the Senate.

Of course not.

Do you think that she has even tried to, or is likely to, do so?

However, the Constitution does dictate the rules of the Senate in regard to impeachment. They have to follow those.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

He's been impeached.

...along party lines*** in essence, MEANINGLESS 🤗

If you're this happy over literally NOTHING, I can't imagine how you'll feel when he is acquitted??? Probably vanish from the boards 😙

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join