It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Isn’t Impeached Until the House Tells the Senate

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

And your point is what?

You, nor I, nor the American People, determine what "impartial justice" is

Well, I know what it's not! It is not a juror vowing to be biased and partial and a jury foreman proclaiming their bias intent and vowing to coordinate in lock step with the defense.

edit on 20-12-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Krakatoa

lawandcrime.com...

Interesting story. But, where are the facts? It's all alleged and suppositions, stories told and retold across multiple levels. There is not primary source evidence, just what NBC interprets as being bad. But, you keep listening to these biased opinion pieces. Twitter is NOT a reliable source.

Oh, and expecting a site created and run by a former ABC news and MSNBC host and not expecting anti-Trump bias is foolish IMO.

SMH

edit on 12/20/2019 by Krakatoa because: Fixed broken quote

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

And your point is what?

You, nor I, nor the American People, determine what "impartial justice" is

Well, I know what it's not! It is not a juror vowing to be biased and partial and a jury foreman proclaiming their bias intent and vowing to coordinate in lock step with the defense.

It's also not someone claiming to impeach the newly elected president before he even takes the oath of office, is it?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Pelosi shouldn't be calling Trump anything her and the whole house are criminals and liars, they are guilty, they should all be punished.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Not sure just which part of it you are contesting.
The butt dials were were widely reported, the audio was even play. The arrest of igor and lev also is kind of hard to dispute. And well.
www.politico.com...

They give a link to the actual court document, I checked the million dollar wire transfer from firtash is mentioned as the reason the wanted to revoke his bail agreement. And, there are plenty of sources available with a simple Google search to learn more about fertash and it wont even matter if you misspell his name which I obviously did in this post.
Pretty sure its firtash.. but then, maybe its fertash.. you probably dont care enough to look anyways so it doesnt matter.
I dont care for twitter, have never used it as a source. But my bet would be my court filing would trump any source you could provide for the crowdstrike but.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

But, depending on how you want to interpret the facts there could very well be high crimes and misdemeanors.

Interpretation is not proof and not even evidence. People are not convicted of crimes based on interpretation in the United States. That's the entire complaint against the House Democrats! They looked at their interpretation and ignored hard evidence, which is the definition of a biased jury, not an impartial one.

McConnell and Graham have seen the same thing we have. They have seen impeachment based on interpretation instead of evidence. Were they to ignore this, they would not be impartial... they would be biased.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It's also not someone claiming to impeach the newly elected president before he even takes the oath of office, is it?

Some people thought Trump's "Russia! If you're listening..." shout out to Putin was impeachable, and he hadn't even won the election yet. That's one reason why some people were calling to impeach a brand new president.
edit on 20-12-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

That's like saying an indicted person hasn't been indicted because they haven't stood trial yet.

No. It's more like saying that a "potential" perpetrator (Trump), hasn't been indicted fully, because he hasn't stood a real trial, before the "real" Judge (Senate). The House vote was easy. The Democrats hold the majority there. The House vote was like 2 Wolves and a sheep, voting on what's for dinner...and Trump was the Sheep.
edit on 20-12-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: he felt like it.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Some people thought Trump's "Russia! If you're listening..." shout out to Putin was impeachable, and he hadn't even won the election yet. That's one reason why some people were calling to impeach a brand new president.

Congress people calling for impeachment before the president even does anything in office that is impeachable sure doesn't setup a bias by those same people who would be involved in the impeachment process I guess?

Oh, and, the leading presidential candidate for the Democratic party calling 1/2 the citizens of the country deplorable is "presidential" to you?

Nah....not to you since it plays into your own biases.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The President Now Has the COMPLETE Support of All Military Forces in these United States with his Actions Today , Seditionists BEWARE .................

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yes, because the pres can just buy the loyalty of the military....
Not!! They will give the country their loyalty, they will give the pres the respect deserving of the commander in chief, they will obey all legal orders. But their first loyalty will be to the country not the person sitting in the oval office.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The United States and Russia will become Strong Allies in the Next Ten Years Out of Necessity . The Future Circumstances of the Geo Politics of Planet Earth Will Request It ..........

edit on 20-12-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

" Yes, because the pres can just buy the loyalty of the military...."

No , Duty , Honor , and OATH Request It .

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

But, what I am contesting is the idea that the impeachment isnt legal because some dont believe ..... fill in whatever reason you choose here. Whereas, the term high crimes and misdemeanors is subject to interpretations and just because you believe it means this, doesnt mean everyone believes the same way. Many people didnt feel clinton did anything that rose to the level of being impeachable, it didnt matter, the house decided he did. The impeachment, as far as I know was never claimed to be illegal. It doesnt matter now weather we think trump did something that rose to that level, the constitution has placed that decision into the hands of the house and they decided he did. Regardless of weather we agree with them or each other or not... it was their decision to make.
The same goes for the evidence. We may feel it was sufficient or maybe we dont. Since the constitution also placed that decision into the hands of the house and they thought it did.
It's a valid impeachment....legal... unless they decide that they can just hold onto the articles through the next year, then I would say that it might not be that legal.
You are gonna have to accept that we wont see eye to eye on weather or not trump deserves to be impeached. What the heck, we dont see eye to eye on alot of things. That doesnt mean that one of us is a traitor, an enemy of the state, deplorable, or any other insulting label one might pick out of their hat.. it just means we have different opinions. And quite frankly, if we live long enough to have the entire story revealed, we will probably discover that we were both wrong on some points and right on others.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Like it "requested it" from the guards in the Iraqi prison camp who were just " following orders" while they tortured and abused their prisoners...
Seems our military courts didnt see it in the same light.
Duty and honor, and oath does not require breaking the laws.
No president has ever had to buy the respect deserving the commander in chief.. what you seem to be suggesting is that him signing a law giving them a small raise will convince them to give him more than that.. that they will feel so obligated to support him they would turn their guns against their own people. Or at least that is how I am reading it...
No, most wouldn't.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

CHINA

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Valid. Yes. Of course it is they created the articles and voted on it. However, that does not mean they actually should have done it.

I compare this to an ex showing up at a party where you are with a new partner. They will do ANYTHING to make you look bad in front of those who support you. They talk to all of their friends and say how bad you are. What you did. What you said. How you acted. How you left. Who you slept with...but in the end....it means nothing. It is a show and those who know you will know the truth.

The fact is that the POTUS did nothing wrong based on their articles of impeachment. Nothing. However, it is the ONLY way that those who want to run can raise money and HRC is close to throwing the hat in the ring. For MONEY not the position.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Ya, but how many of us really know trump or polosi like we would know any of our friends at that party? And, think maybe some of those friends might start believing that ex if people in authority showed up and told them that a part of your story just wasn't true? I only ask because the idea that it was ukraine meddling in the election was shot down and revealed to the senate as being russian propaganda by our own intelligence sources. You think maybe some might doubt your story if she had court documents that showed a couple of your friends who she claims was assisting you in whatever she was claiming yous recieved a large sum of money from another person who would also benefit from whatever the scheme was. Because I think I provided a link that would lead you to a court document in this case. What if your ex provided them with copies of text messages of those around yous discussing what was going on, what they thought was going on?

(post by Zanti Misfit removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

The House of Representatives has every right to impeach a President... I have seen no one deny that. What we are complaining about is how they went about impeaching a President.

Our legal system has always been skewed toward the defendant, not the prosecutor. Evidence must pass certain tests before it can be presented and even considered. How would you feel if someone's Miranda rights were violated? I would be quite upset if that happened and evidence obtained thusly were not thrown out. How about a trial where the accused was denied the right to have a lawyer present? Do you support someone being dragged into court on a charge, tried without benefit of a lawyer, using only circumstantial evidence, summarily sentenced, and jailed for a crime without any direct evidence?

That is exactly what you are supporting here.

Trump may be guilty... I don't have insight into his head. All I can go by is how the trial was conducted thus far. I see innuendo being presented as fact by witnesses who were not even there. I see a refusal to allow for a defense. I see prosecutors shouting down objections. I see hard evidence thrown out in favor of opinions. That is all I need to see to state that the impeachment in this case was improper. Then I see an actual trial being proposed, the one chance the accused has to have proper representation, and people are clamoring against it.

It's not the impeachment that is illegal... it is how the impeachment was conducted. It does not matter at this point whether Trump is actually guilty of something; the court that indicted him is guilty of malfeasance of justice.

If this stands, there is nothing left to protect any of us from being similarly treated. I remember when I was young and I realized just how vicious the police could get towards someone who shot a cop. I thought that was abuse of power. Then I actually talked to a cop and was told "If the guy will shoot a cop so easily, he will surely shoot a citizen much quicker." That actually made me think and realize the guy was right!

If TPTB will take out a sitting President using illegal tactics, what is there to prevent the same PTB from using the same tactics to take out any one of us? Or our children? Or our families? Nothing. There is absolutely nothing that will prevent the police from knocking down your door in the middle of the night and dragging you off to never be heard from again. All they need is a few people to present innuendo against you in a kangaroo court, and you're guilty in the eyes of the law. The charge doesn't matter; the truth doesn't matter; guilt doesn't matter; only what TPTB want matters.

Don't tell me I'm just being paranoid; it happens all the time in other countries and without the laws to prevent it, the same could happen here... in fact it is happening here, before our very eyes. That's what the problem is. Stop and think on something for just a moment: is one man worth having that form of 'justice'?

I say no. No one should have that kind of power, not even the Congress.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join