It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving a 13 yr old home alone can land you in prison

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Really? I was driving stick shift trucks and tractors at 11.
Sounds like a leftist kid-snatching scheme.

Typical right winger logic, derp the left did it...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

well to be honest, it wasn't a good idea to to leave me and my brothers home alone at 13. parents came home a couple of times only to find holes in the walls, windows broken, doors hanging off the hinges and once the 2nd vehicle in the ditch down the road.

lol:
edit on 19-12-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

So, 13 year old at home alone (something that happened to most of us)= parents investigated
13 year old playing alone in the park or out alone for a bike run around the city or walk to deliver newspapers or go door to door to collect money for Scouts or Halloween Trick or Treating for a couple of hours (things we all have done) = Ok or parents get charged ?

Which one is more "dangerous" or "risky" ?

None of it is, but if I were to hazard a guess, there is zero chance of being run over by a car while sitting in your room on the Internet.
If the 13 year old is at home, the State is protecting the kid against....what ?

Regardless, NONE of it should be regulated in that way, maybe unless the child is 7 or under.

However, IF YOUR 11 YEAR OLD IS PERFORMING AS A DRAG QUEEN IN GAY SEXUAL CLUBS FOR **MONEY**, NOT ONLY IS THAT OK BUT IT SHOULD BE CELEBRATED !!!
Riiighttttt !!

www.pinknews.co.uk...
Upside down world....

Perhaps Children and Family Services is looking for work to justify its existence
Democrat lawmakers might need to think that rule over - common sense seems absent.
edit on 19-12-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If not the Left, who is pushing this nonsense ?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Ummm.. ya, sure. Grew up in the 60s and 70s. Back in the day when kids could legally be in bars and I spent lots of nights in bars because my mom would have never left me alone!! I have no idea if she could have legally, but that didnt matter. She had enough common sense not to!!
And before you say anything... my mom worked in a bar, because she had to. Because despite what some would have you believe not every family was a leave it to beaver type of family.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Your elected leaders of course, left and right are two sides of the same coin.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Your elected leaders of course, left and right are two sides of the same coin.

Hmmm, no, the Republicans are not pushing this, which leaves......

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

I don't believe a word those lying crooks spit out this meme sums up my opinion of the shamocracy we endure.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Well, that's utterly retarded. I was minding myself and/or my younger brother when I was 10-ish. Nobody got hurt, let alone maimed, because my mother knew if either one of us wasn't mature enough to behave or else, it wasn't happening. Her judgement calls for s# growing up weren't always the best & brightest moves, but on the personal responsibility & reliability end for us, it worked damn well. We were petrified of burning the house down with the stove or microwave, so any meals we made didn't involve heating. That was a lot of cereal, sammiches and fruit.
BUT!
We lived. SO did many other kids of similar ages. This isn't some rocket science mystery nobody's figured out, it's a simple matter of ascertaining the maturity and reliability of your kid. As a parent, you BETTER know that status already, otherwise you're not doing your job.

Now, my kids? My younger kid (10) could absolutely be trusted to mind herself home alone, and not accidentally burn it down or accidentally cut a limb off, etc. My older kid (12), not so much. That kid is much more impulsive and wouldn't settle for a quiet stretch of time. She'd end up quickly bored & harassing her sister and somebody would get hurt, something would be broken, etc, I guarantee it.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Home Alone remake: 2019.

Kevin is inadvertantly left at home while his busy parents gather the rest of the kids and their luggage to fly Paris for a holiday.

15 minutes later, they are caught by the CBP agents at LAX.

And arrested and sent to prison for child neglect.

But humorous hilarity ensues as the incarcerated McCalister kids make friends with Pedro, the illegal child of unknown parents, smuggled across the border with taped coc aine on his torso, and they learn how to play Who can Hold the Bar the Longest. Unfortunately, Buzz loses and is then outcast from the crew. Ostracised and neglected, he succumbs to the Children of the Aryan Nation and goes on to start a new revolution of pre teen neo nazis, but those scenes were cut from the final release. They were deemed too insensitive to the millennial audience.

The movie only last 8 minutes in the remake... but it's still a stinker.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

In UK there is no age restrictions

Only 3 states in us there is...
Search domain www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/when-is-leaving-a-child-at-home-alone-illegal.htmlwww.legalmatch.com... g-a-child-at-home-alone-illegal.html
When Can You Leave a Child at Home Alone? Currently, there are only three states that have a minimum age requirement, ranging from age 8 to 14, for leaving a child home alone. The majority of states do not have a specific age of when it is legal to leave a child home alone.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

a reply to: M5xaz

I don't believe a word those lying crooks spit out this meme sums up my opinion of the shamocracy we endure.

The left side opens up a portal to a completely bizarre world where the slaughter is of the mind and the spirit. They don't so much become cuts of meat, but chunks of meat who parade around ignoring their new reality in a disillusioned state. Never to see the things before them, as they have been blinkered and have shadows cast upon them at all times. The poor souls wander their meaningless lives, screaming in perpetuity at the futility of their own existence, and demand more... but yet, it was their choice to take that path.

The right side, they enter into heaven, paradise. where they are whole and young again. And there is a chef who doesn't cook meat, but prefers to act as a caring farmer, to provide them with green pastures and wholesome grains, fresh water and stables fit for a stud. And they are cared for, despite their breed. They never want for anything, willingly do their daily toil for knowing that they are providing good to not only themselves, but the stature of their new stead. Always willing to go the extra mile, knowing it will be returned with kindness and honesty, they toil. But their toiling is not enforced. It is willing. For a cow worth his weight will pull the cart of his worth.

Lets see you counter that metaphysical conundrum of quantum philosophical nature, good diabolical sir.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

You mean besides the fact that no one has ever gone down the chute and reported back so everything you just said is just as made-up as the latest Star Wars movie?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join