It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations Democrats you destroyed the office of the President .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm not republican.
I'm not Democrat.

But what these Democrats Do not realize or maybe they do , is they have destroyed the executive branch / The Office of the President. The price has been set for all future Presidents , Male or Female , Democrat or Republican it matters not.

From hear on out any President can be impeached simply because it is the prerogative of Congress to do so, no proof of wrong doing is needed to impeach. Because the current President has been impeached on completely baseless grounds, all future Presidents are at risk of being impeached simply because Congress does not like them .

These Fools have ruined the office of the President , I hope there happy. I dont particularly like President Trump, but it was not worth impeaching him simply because he is unlikable . They needed to make a stronger case, I would have supported them could they have proved he was guilty of something. But it is to late now, the executie branch is a fickle thing from here on out .

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

IMO, they've watered down the formerly horrific punishment of impeachment, to nothing more than a slap on the wrist now.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

...but ...but... Orange man bad...

Literally I have explained this so many times and it falls on deaf ears. Most Americans see it. Only the truly insanely left don't see it. They are damaging the political process and their own party in one swoop. The crazy thing is.... The people doing this really really don't see it. It's nuts.
edit on 19-12-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
kind'a like me 2 any group who disagrees with a presidents platform or character is game to press for impeachment.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have been trying to say that, but die hard liberals just don't/won't believe it. I imagine you will get lots of snark and Dems making fun of this idea. But you are correct.

The other thing I've been trying to gell progressive liberals is that the 3+ year barrage of hate directed at voters from the Democratic Party will also alienate people permanently from ever voting Democrat again.

Obama called voters, US citizens, people who cling to their guns and Bibles. Hillary called voters deplorable, racist, sexist, homophobic. Several of the Democratic Congresspeople have also called voters racists. Then influential Democrats publicly called voters smelly Walmart voters, and snakes and vermin (NYT). Yes, they called VOTERS these things and permanently alienated everyone they spent the last 3 years calling these things, over 63 million people who voted for Republicans or considered themselves conservative. After that Hollywood jumped on the insult the voters bandwagon, followed by rank and file Democrats.

Yes Republicans called Democrats snowflakes, libtards and Demorats. But President Trump never insulted voters. He insulted lots of individuals but never everyone single voter who did not vote for him, like the Democrats did. Republican Congresspeople may have insulted individuals but also did not insult every single Democrat voter in the nation. Big difference.

Now progressive/liberal/leftist/Democrats will say Obama and Hillary and the Congresspeople weren't talking about ALL conservatives. Nope, just the ones who didn't vote for them. What we heard was you are awful dreadful evil people and the only way you can redeem yourself is to repent of your sins and convert to being a Democrat and vote for a Democrat. I don't care what they "meant", what is important is how people reacted to and took what they said.

From my viewpoint the Democratic Party has spent the last 3 years doing as much damage to their party as possible.

Add to that the crazy policy issues they promise to enact which will destroy the economy of the nation, and people know it. American's aren't stupid. We know that the European countries that Democrats say are the models for their plans take 60-70% of everything the middle and lower middle class earns to pay for the programs. Yes, their income tax rate is similar to the US, but they also have a federal sales tax (VAT) that averages 25%; and a gas tax that averages $3 a gallon; and federal property taxes; most tax every TV in the home; and many more "little" taxes; which add up to 60-70% of their income forceably taken (taxed) to pay for "free healthcare" and "free higher education".

They have not expressed any positive feelings over minorities having record employment records and salaries. They have not expressed any positive feelings over manufacturing returning to the US. They actually appear angry the vast majority of the time and furious with US citizens and voters who don't agree with their politics.

What a way to win voters and the hearts of US citizens. NOT!

They have insured that every single President from now on will not be able to do private diplomacy without the other side worrying about the conversation being forced to be made public. They have insured that every single President from now on will have an opposition committee formed before they are elected to plot reasons for impeachment. They have bullied the President with this nonstop nothing burger that was first paid for by the DNC and the Hillary campaign (the dossier that started it all).

From now on the office of the President will be neutered and held hostage by every Congress that is with the opposition party.

edit on 12/19/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yup we can expect this circus on a regular basis from here on out, they took the bar for impeachment and lowered the standard to the floor, the really stupid thing is it wont got he way they are expecting.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
At what point are they called a “domestic enemy”? I mean, if they truly have no legal basis to impeach him on, why do the people stand for it? This charade is damaging your country and the progress that has been made.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images. Please read new thread.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

But on this point, Madison objected. The scholarly Princeton graduate, a generation younger than Mason at age 36, saw a threat to the balance of powers he’d helped devise. “So vague a term will be equivalent to a tenure during pleasure of the Senate,” he argued. In other words, Madison feared the Senate would use the word “maladministration” as an excuse to remove the president whenever it wanted.

Sounds like the gentleman who devised the process had worries over what is happening right now way back when.

Madison had emerged as its main architect and champion, and Mason as a leading opponent who declared “it would end either in monarchy, or a tyrannical aristocracy.”

They sure did predict a lot of things well from 230 years ago.

Smithsonian Magazine

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

The price has been set for all future Presidents , Male or Female , Democrat or Republican it matters not.

Yes, the price for attempting to bribe a foreign govt to get dirt on a political opponent, and then covering it up, is impeachment.

Bravo to those that stand up to this, this is not what we stand for in America.

Pay attention future presidents, or your going down also!!

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

The price has been set for all future Presidents , Male or Female , Democrat or Republican it matters not.

Yes, the price for attempting to bribe a foreign govt to get dirt on a political opponent, and then covering it up, is impeachment.

Where was the bribe? Come to that where is the evidence he asked for dirt on his political opponent?

From all I've heard and read, he asked for an investigation into the shenanigans that went on in Ukraine, regardless of whom it touched.

Is Burisma his opponent then?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Individual Democrats are being eaten up and destroyed by their single-minded hate. Elijah Cummings is an example of how hate destroys you from the inside out.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

This is the result of Adam Schiff's parody. Low information voters don't bother to verify facts, they just run with them, And likely pass on that "knowledge" to others.

Trump never asked for dirt, he asked for an investigation. Trump released the contents of the call almost immediately.

The witnesses against him all had only second and third hand gossip. The only two witnesses that had first hand knowledge showed that the call was as released, and that Trump asked for nothing from Zalinsky. THOSE are the facts and they are undisputed.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
the only person to blame is trump for his illegal actions that got him impeached.

take person responsibility.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Low information voters don't bother to verify facts, they just run with them, And likely pass on that "knowledge" to others.
a reply to: network dude

I agree, this is what got Trump elected, and what he continues to count on!

Trump never asked for dirt, he asked for an investigation. Trump released the contents of the call almost immediately.

The witnesses against him all had only second and third hand gossip. The only two witnesses that had first hand knowledge showed that the call was as released, and that Trump asked for nothing from Zalinsky. THOSE are the facts and they are undisputed.

The undisputed fact is he asked for a favor in exchange for funds. This got shot down by a whistle blower, so he quickly released the funds and gave his 'no quid pro quo' phone call to Sondland to cover his ass. But it was too late.

This could all be settled by releasing the actual phone call and letting his admin testify. That he does neither is telling. Let the light of truth shine in and destroy the darkness of corruption that has descended on the presidency.
edit on 20-12-2019 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nataliep
the only person to blame is trump for his illegal actions that got him impeached.

take person responsibility.

That's just silly trump is untouchable, the left are to blame for his actions...

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
So if Joe Biden did not run for President would it have been ok to investigate his wrong doing, as he stated on video at the Conference of Foreign Relations?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Trump destroyed the office of the president. The Democrats did what they had to do.

Just ask yourself this

If Obama did what Trump did would the Republicans impeach him?
Absolutely.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

If Obama did what Trump did would the Republicans impeach him?
Absolutely.

Can you be a little more vague?
I mean you are talking about impeachment, right?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Your asking the wrong person, as I am biased against Creepy Joe.

Investigate, using the appropriate agency that have jurisdiction over the matter, not your personal attorney. If wrongdoing is found, hang him by his nuts.

Right next to Trump.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join